Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Oooh. I'ma do this. 

I'm predicting 12 tracks, with another song - somewhere in the middle (like track 5 or 6) - being about 7-8 minutes long. With that in mind, swap that unknown prediction with VB's placement at the end. 

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. Norman Fucking Rockwell

03. Cinnamon

04. In Your Car

07. Happiness is a Butterfly

10. Hope is a Dangerous Thing-- (is it Sylvia? Idfk, I'm gonna assume it is.)

11. How to Disappear

12. Venice Bitch

I can imagine it being Lana-ish to have a ballad like Sylvia - then work back up into a more laidback wall-of-sound beat like HtD (which is still melancholic), and then finish on a note of "lightness" that she started the album with by finishing on VB. 

Or not.

Goddamn, this is the first era where I'm getting desperate. 

Imagine having a brain that would actually think this.

can your one and a half braincells even imagine anything anymore given how you've obliterated any taste or common sense left in your feeble little closed mind that you let your inner conscience sulk in every hour of every day cause you can't bare to admit Yosemite might actually be a decent song you wretched little malnourished newt

SAME MY CHART IS GEMINI DOMINANT YET LANA IS STILL MORE OF A GEM THAN ME

I don't believe in astrology and don't really get it either, but our gurl is being so random these past twelve months and makes me look like a bleak Gemini copy or something. :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Do y’all remember when she said she wanted “young and beautiful” to be called “will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful”? I think she’s always loved long ass titles but now she has more power of decision

This is just a personal opinion, but I find one word titles to be more powerful? Kinda like how The Smashing Pumpkins album Siamese Dream had song titles like 'Today', 'Silverfuck', 'Luna', 'Soma', 'Disarm' and so on.

I find it sticks in my brain more. Also on here, lots of people will now have to use acronyms for her titles and it literally takes me more than 5 minutes to figure out which song some of ya'll are talking about :defeated:

I just hope she doesn't always have long ass titles in the future...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Do y’all remember when she said she wanted “young and beautiful” to be called “will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful”? I think she’s always loved long ass titles but now she has more power of decision

we remember "there's nothing more gorgeous than a hundred dollar bill" or something like that 

After killing my last brain cell listening to all the snippets we have for the 1000th time today i have an open mind and can say I'm really excited for the new era and music!  :flutter:

Me making a full circle everyday

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

In an interview with Catalunya Ràdio; Del Rey said she had three new songs for her third extended play, Paradise: "I Sing the Body Electric", "In the Land of Gods and Monsters" and "Will You Still Love Me When I'm No Longer Young and Beautiful."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_and_Beautiful_(Lana_Del_Rey_song)

Yet she cut Young And In Love to just "Love"

That’s because the message wasn’t really about being young and in love, but more about just being in love. (even tho she literally sings “to be young and in love”)

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

That’s because the message wasn’t really about being young and in love, but more about just being in love. (even tho she literally sings “to be young and in love”)

I'm impressed at this level of mental gymnastics you did to come to that conclusion

uLhgrxZ.jpg

The song is definitely about being young and in love, but perhaps she cut the title so that it is a bit more distinct from Young & Beautiful.

She's been prepping us for the cotton candy skies concept for a while. #vapeinfluencer, shoulda known smh 20ghew.jpg

Just quoting this because the combination of your comment + that GIF is genius. Your mind etc., we stan!

On another note, I've always found it rather pointless to speculate about the order of the tracklist based on just snippets and song titles, but I definitely agree that MAC should be the opening track and Venice Bitch feels like it'll be in the second half, but not the closing track. I'm guessing second- or third-to-last. Then again, Lana had the perfect opening track for Lust For Life with 13 Beaches, yet she made it song number three... 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

didn't she changed it just bc the leak?

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: