Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I get that VB is a musical masterpiece but it has to be said that You Took My Sadness Out of Context (At the Mariners Apartment Complex — I Ain’t No Candle in the Wind) is far superior lyrically

for real tough MAC is simply much stronger than VB is lyrically

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

What the audience needs for NFR is a cover of Miracle Gro by The Buttress, re: what is probably one of my all time fav Lana vids ever for reasons I admit I am shameful about

4tdWYMA.png

I had a dream the other night about the cover art for the album and it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen, it a border like LFL but the picture inside was so dull, not creative at all, the colors were too many and just gave an ugly impression and she was barely in the picture at all lol. So I guess it was a nightmare. x)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I had a dream the other night about the cover art for the album and it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen, it a border like LFL but the picture inside was so dull, not creative at all, the colors were too many and just gave an ugly impression and she was barely in the picture at all lol. So I guess it was a nightmare. x)

as long as it's not a premonition I'm fine w it omfg this kind of things is stan card threatening

4tdWYMA.png

i have a feeling that the song that comes before VB bleeds into VB because doesn't the instrumental start really abruptly??

like the previous song ends with the guitar chords and then VB starts

omg were getting another gapless album

when there's nothing to be negative about we gotta make something up to be negative about

This.

One more thing I find interesting is we doubt about everything.

Especially the fact that HIADTAHDKKQJDA (I still can't memorize it lmao) is Sylvia is quite clear.. But many of us are trying to avoid the truth XD We gotta accept that long ass title.. Too bad I won't be able to memorize it.

I am praying that your dream was just a random thing.. Dear Lord I can't take another weird cover after LFL

"Hey Blue Baby" is THAT song. And I'll never forgive her if she leaves it as unreleased.

She should put out an acoustic ep with songs like this. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal for her (literally no promo + a dull random cover art is fine) and we'd all LOVE that.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

She should put out an acoustic ep with songs like this. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal for her (literally no promo + a dull random cover art is fine) and we'd all LOVE that.

An EP with sweet acoustic songs would be a dream. I have such a soft spot for her acoustic tracks.

Zztqfn3.jpeg

Why are so many of you doubting we'll get new music on Jan.9? I'm just curious...

She said she would do it on her livestream (she mentioned Jan.8, which would explain the «I'm not a 1000% sure»; she didn't remember the exact date), she mentioned it again in her caption on Jan. 2...

I expect her to follow the same pattern she did with the two other tracks: a snippet that will confirm if the song is a renamed Sylvia or a new track altogether, on Jan. 8 , and the time for the radio premiere. 

And for the record, many of you didn't believe we would get VB on Sept 18 either...

I'm doubting that we'll get music because of how Lana hid the snippets and, generally, her vibe lately.

If she actually puts out the song, I'll buy it for you.

giphy.gif

Lol I posted the most recent Sylvia Plath snippet in my Instagram story but they took it down because of copyrights, I didn't know it was even possible

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/12/lana-del-rey-new-album-finished-norman-fucking-rockwell/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I just found this article which says Hope/Sylvia will be the single on the 9th but they base it on what she wrote on instagram, so who knows. The article is probably not so reliable then.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Does anyone remember what that site was called where the LFL tracklist leaked and we all thought it was fake but it was real?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I get that VB is a musical masterpiece but it has to be said that You Took My Sadness Out of Context (At the Mariners Apartment Complex — I Ain’t No Candle in the Wind) is far superior lyrically

for real tough MAC is simply much stronger than VB is lyrically

Sonically, VB is one of her strongest. Lyrically, is one of her weakest. The duality of it ugh her mind...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I wouldn't mind the song with trap beats and whatever she wants to do with it, as long as it's released. The song has a wonderful structure, it's simple yet powerful. At least to me.

As for an acoustic EP, I would love it but we all know it won't happen. :(

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro