Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

It's strange how she added some surprising beats to her latest album and then completely forgot them when making some of her new songs (expect for Cinammon), to focus on a very monotone piano driven production. At least from what we've heard, obviously.

anyways we have yet to find out what happened between Lana and Stella cause they clearly aren’t friends anymore :eartha2:

I have a theory : there was an account on Insta and Twitter (xxxmoonshines, I think) leaking facts and stuff while she was recording LFL. And it was damn credible, as if it was a friend of Lana posting things. Stella came to mind, since the two fell apart.

Obviously, I have no facts to back this up :P

Lana is obvs making a Dido album.

Funny you’re mentioning Dido: papa Rick was a producer for a couple of songs, including White Flag...

So when are Tim Burton, Danny Elfman and Lana collabing on a claymation movie about a mermaid?

ezgif-3-fcf21b1da2f7.gif

Tbh I’m still wondering if there’s gonna be this Disney song considering her post on insta which was captioned „Disney”.

giphy.gif

I think she hates her career, or herself, or us, or all of it. She always chooses the worst songs to release. Almost to the point where I think she's doing it on purpose.

We're screaming for Cinnamon. It has a great blend of piano and bop, completely new sound for her, has some radio potential and could really get the buzz going for her album. What does Lana do? Release Sylvia, a piano ballad that reinforces everything people say about her - that she's sad and her music is boring - oh, and then renames it to some pretentious ass long title, likely for the rationale of being "edgy", "different", and "non-conforming".

I don't mind the song being on the album, but really? To get people hyped up? I can't...

I love her ya'll, but she makes it so, so hard sometimes.

I think she hates her career, or herself, or us, or all of it. She always chooses the worst songs to release. Almost to the point where I think she's doing it on purpose.

We're screaming for Cinnamon. It has a great blend of piano and bop, completely new sound for her, has some radio potential and could really get the buzz going for her album. What does Lana do? Release Sylvia, a piano ballad that reinforces everything people say about her - that she's sad and her music is boring - oh, and then renames it to some pretentious ass long title, likely for the rationale of being "edgy", "different", and "non-conforming".

I don't mind the song being on the album, but really? To get people hyped up? I can't...

I love her ya'll, but she makes it so, so hard sometimes.

See my theory is she's a big second guesser. She'll make something, it'll sound or look beautiful, but then she thinks about it. Long and hard, everyday, and starts picking at it slowly. As the days go on her anxiety gets worse and worse until she starts to believe that it needs to be completely revamped: and thats when everything starts to sound bad. She'll get her producers to start switching the chorus with the verse, adding new lyrics, completely dropping some things, over and over until the song isn't even similar to what it first was. When it finally gets to that state, she feels comfortable, because she feels like she worked out all the kinks of something she was insecure about, but the thing is: completely renovating and revamping a song doesn't mean you made it better, and I don't think she understands that. She loses alot of the fire when she rethinks things, because they're no longer natural. I think it stems from her anxiety, which really fucking sucks. Ever since she stopped doing what she wanted and started reading comments and taking in what other people say, her work hasn't been at that same level. I'll always love her, but she needs to trust her first instincts on certain things.

I think the problem is: she started internalizing people's voices/opinions, and stopped working with only her inspiration in mind.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

See my theory is she's a big second guesser. She'll make something, it'll sound or look beautiful, but then she thinks about it. Long and hard, everyday, and starts picking at it slowly. As the days go on her anxiety gets worse and worse until she starts to believe that it needs to be completely revamped: and thats when everything starts to sound bad. She'll get her producers to start switching the chorus with the verse, adding new lyrics, completely dropping some things, over and over until the song isn't even similar to what it first was. When it finally gets to that state, she feels comfortable, because she feels like she worked out all the kinks of something she was insecure about, but the thing is: completely renovating and revamping a song doesn't mean you made it better, and I don't think she understands that. She loses alot of the fire when she rethinks things, because they're no longer natural. I think it stems from her anxiety, which really fucking sucks. Ever since she stopped doing what she wanted and started reading comments and taking in what other people say, her work hasn't been at that same level. I'll always love her, but she needs to trust her first instincts on certain things.

Interesting take...you might be right.

My other theory is that we're in a vicious cycle. We've been so touched by one of her albums - whether BTD, UV or one of the others that we want to see her succeed, at almost any cost. So anything she puts out, we will listen to, buy, have listening parties to get the #'s up, which gets her to #1 albums. And b/c she can get #1 albums, her label continues to let her do whatever.

But the truth is: she needs guidance. She needs someone to be like "no bitch, that sounds boring. Or bad. Or leave it alone". But the more we buy, the more she still grabs #1 on Billboard, the more she has freedom and the more frustrated we all become.

But whatever. I'll still listen and buy up this boring ass piano ballad come Wednesday.