Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Does lana actually genuinely think she's not a rich person? Like yeah yeah I get the money but still sad thing, but this poem is actually just literally laughable if lana is trying to pretend she's not a multi millionaire

Isn't it as in "I may be ~money~ rich but I'm also rich with experiences and emotions" etc?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Isn't it as in "I may be ~money~ rich but I'm also rich with experiences and emotions" etc?

idk her intention is unclear to me

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

She sure loves a mystery... No caption to those words? It's probably the poetry book (I mean, the sentences of that song would be endless lol), but just something to clarify would have been welcomed. But hey, who knows? Maybe it is the second song she recorded with Jack on the first day they worked together in the studio. 

the instagram stories of yesterday of her showing books... maybe she was at the publishing company making decisions/talking about the book?

Nah she was at an art fair they were holding at paramont.

19.02.19            “Me and Jack are excited to present to you NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL” - Lana and Jack in suits photo

“first jam coming at Midnight, it’s called Mariners Apartment Complex.” - MAC single cover

20.02.19            “Mariners Apartment Complex out now, Chucks on visuals” - random candid

22.02.19            “NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL, album trailer shot by Chuck” - VB music video clip

“new song out now, Venice Bitch, this one is Jack’s favorite” - VB single cover

27.02.19             “here’s the album cover, hope you love it as much as I do” - NFR album cover

“Cinnamon” - first teaser of Cinnamon

01.03.19            “my new album is coming March 29th, pre-order now.” - another candid or selfie

“a poem I wrote” - Happy poem

“I wrote a poetry book, violets bent over the grass backwards, coming soon.” - polaroid of violets

13.03.19            “Hope Is A Dangerous Thing… new song out at midnight.” - Hope single cover

20.03.19            “here’s another poem from the book, hope you love it” - another poem

27.03.19            “another one coming for ya tonight, it’s called Happiness Is A Butterfly” - HIAB single cover

“Happiness video out now, shot by Chuck.” - teaser of music video

29.03.19            “NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL OUT NOW” - photo of Lana holding the vinyl

For me, this is how the era should've went... Better if we didn't know the album title and the poetry book was a surprise. I liked when she posted one of Norman's paintings at Christmas (like a clue) and maybe she would wish him happy birthday etc. Same as Sylvia, just clues. Then launch the era all at once.

Basically each quote would be a tweet or Instagram post by Lana, and this would be the NFR era starting today.

It’s just annoying that she doesn’t explain anything and it turns into a never ending loop. She posts-logs the fuck off- posts again- logs the fuck off- disables comments- enables them- disables them- archives the post. Like bish what is you doin???

All we need is a date.

tbh it sounds more like a NFR song

but i guess we'll see

Not totally impossible. It's a mix of In Your car and Hope Is a Dangerous Thing. 

Plus didn't she say that the two first songs she recorded with Jack had some of the lyrics she most proud of? Could be that one, the other being Hope (which has stunning lyrics, really). 

anyways, good news is that news are coming very soon.  :) Whether for the poetry book or NFR (maybe both, who knows?) 

This poem is uhh Not Good and actually kind of cringe, sorry bout it.

I can always count on my girl Yung not to be afraid of the 12 year olds here who follow Lana like she's a prophet. The poem reads like a third grade writing assignment. The only reason why they're enjoying it is because it's Lana. They're pushing for this "oh she is the next world poet, get her into the writer's hall of fame, Lana is the most serious artist of our generation" and it's like uhhhhh :biblio: That ship sailed a long time ago when Lana started rhyming blue with you. I love her to death, but I'm sick of the gays always over exaggerating everything. I'm glad she wrote a poem, but it is NOWHERE NEAR close to the greats like Walt Whitman, Maya Angelou, Sylvia Plath, etc. I know this is going to get quoted with "you're too stupid to understand true art! You dumb mother fucker! Lana is the greatest poet that ever lived! You can feel the emotions in her writing! You must be blind" and I'm ready to laugh. They get REALLY irritated when you try and burst their bubble of delusion because their self deception is the only thing leading them towards enjoying some of the mediocre stuff Lana has been putting out. But yeah, I'm proud of Lana, hopefully her subject matter improves. I'd be down if she took a writing class. It'd be the best thing she could do, because she has alot of potential, it's just a matter of sifting through the coal to find the diamond. Can't wait for all the quotes from the young twinks saying hateful things like comparing me/making fun of physical illnesses such as being deaf, blind, or mentally challenged! :creep:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

This poem is uhh Not Good and actually kind of cringe, sorry bout it.

I disagree but congrats on being bold enough to say that and not be afraid of being attacked by some of the immature dumbasses on here

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I can always count on my girl Yung not to be afraid of the 12 year olds here who follow Lana like she's a prophet. The poem reads like a third grade writing assignment. The only reason why they're enjoying it is because it's Lana. They're pushing for this "oh she is the next world poet, get her into the writer's hall of fame, Lana is the most serious artist of our generation" and it's like uhhhhh :biblio: That ship sailed a long time ago when Lana started rhyming blue with you. I love her to death, but I'm sick of the gays always over exaggerating everything. I'm glad she wrote a poem, but it is NOWHERE NEAR close to the greats like Walt Whitman, Maya Angelou, Sylvia Plath, etc. I know this is going to get quoted with "you're too stupid to understand true art! You dumb mother fucker! Lana is the greatest poet that ever lived! You can feel the emotions in her writing! You must be blind" and I'm ready to laugh. They get REALLY irritated when you try and burst their bubble of delusion because their self deception is the only thing leading them towards enjoying some of the mediocre stuff Lana has been putting out. But yeah, I'm proud of Lana, hopefully her subject matter improves. I'd be down if she took a writing class. It'd be the best thing she could do, because she has alot of potential, it's just a matter of sifting through the coal to find the diamond. Can't wait for all the quotes from the young twinks saying hateful things like comparing me/making fun of physical illnesses such as being deaf, blind, or mentally challenged! :creep:

You remind me of me in 2013 and that's why I stan you  :godlaugh: 

But yeah, it's unfortunately a facet of any fandom that people will lack a critical eye or be blinded by love of previous work. If any half serious poet released this they would be criticised harshly. Lana seems to get a pass because she's ~actually just a singer trying her hand at poetry~ but I think we should still be critical and hold her to a high standard because I KNOW she's capable of beautiful lyricism. This isn't it though and honestly feels like a regression in her writing, both thematically and stylistically.

I disagree but congrats on being bold enough to say that and not be afraid of being attacked by some of the immature dumbasses on here

Nothing scares me anymore™

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

It's truly beautiful, but it's still not enough. I suppose my hype for the album has died. Whatever she posts, nothing excites me. I suppose I won't be hyped even if she gives us the album cover or whatever at this point. I'm done.

Sadly I feel the same way, and that scares me because I've never felt this way with her before.

8nl2OpX.png

I guess my standards are just high considering I literally have a bookshelf full of poetry books from the greats :sadcore: I'm glad you guys like it though

Ohmygod enough w the flexing. Let the others be. Ur amazing and I appreciate you but sometimes ur ego just munches on your own ass and u like it. How bout u do a bit better and just post some of ur favorites instead of all this high ho'ing 

UV/Honeymoon