Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Obviously.

But your perspective changes as you age, and so has Lana’s.

Now, if you say her visuals are lazy and uninspired now, I’ll agree.

But the only insight we have into her perspective is her interviews & lyrics...and she reminds me of myself at 14  :eek:

Her immaturity is frankly staggering. Her going back & forth, and having some brief moments where she realizes she's an adult, is the best we can hope for I'm afraid.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Ya'll crazy right?? Her music and lyricism has definitely dwindled since her UV days. LFL and NFR have basic medicore production. It just sounds like muffled noise with cheap beats over it. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of songs on LFL and I love MAC and VB, but her earlier stuff was stellar and iconic. Her latest stuff sounds painfully basic. It's not rich in sound, there's no storytelling as compelling as OTTR and Black Beauty - none. Even if your opinion is the complete opposite to mine, I can't take anyone seriously if you say her latest stuff is better. :oprah3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What's the point in debating Lana's poetic skills? If someone enjoys her poetry and think she's a good poet, let them be! I don't understand why we need to bring that down from them. And vice versa, if someone doesn't like her poetry then just let them be and don't try and convince them it's good. The brilliant thing about art in general is that it's all open to interpretation, it's subjective, and not a single work of art has been made to please everyone. Everyone's opinion is valid if they don't try to irrationally spread it  :creep:

THIS. thank you. oh my god. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

LFL and NFR have basic medicore production. It just sounds like muffled noise with cheap beats over it. Don't get me wrong, I 

How are you judging an album that hasn't came out yet and probably never will 

The blind nostalgia :rip:

I’m not a big LFL fan either. But these last three singles are some of her best work since UV.

For me it has nothing to do with nostalgia since I wasn't even a fan of Lana when BTD came out. It's purely about the sound.

How are you judging an album that hasn't came out yet and probably never will 

I was basing it off the three songs and snippets. I'm not expecting something mindblowing, but still good.

Marina is serving a double album with a real concept, good aesthetics and actual promo and you still need to search for someone else? Bitch she's right there, miss Marina no diamonds deserves to be recognized.

tumblr_inline_p2ocs3ftgn1qc4uvh_400.gif

I really like handmade heaven :um2: but that's one song compared to an entire discography that had nothing i liked. So ill see what happens. Any other suggestions?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I was basing it off the three songs and snippets. I'm not expecting something mindblowing, but still good.

There's still 10 songs we haven't heard in full I just think it's a bit early to be making assumptions about the entire album's production. 

And this album doesn't seem to have any cheap beats so far, hopefully it stays that way 

I'm sorry I'm disappointed? What do you want me to tell you. If she's being held to the standard of singer's writing poetry, then yes she did a great job. If she's being compared to poet standards, then no she didn't. I'm not going to lie to make everyone else feel better, especially when I love poetry. I'm sorry if I offended you, but you could just skip over my post if you've taken it personally. Love you though

I don't think u are, so that's fine, but the point was. Just let others be. I mean it's great at how you're so well versed when it comes expressing ur opinions and informing us what it is u like and dislike, but the things is, we're all people first, and as you've muttered from before, we all have our own perspectives. I know it'd just rub others the wrong way at how condescending it sounds sometimes. Give others the chance to learn, it's great that you might be ahead of the curve w things, but people deserve the benefit of the doubt and the patience for them to possibly do better. 

and honest, no shade, I still think you're pretty great just aghh I dislike it when others aren't given a chance to say what they'd like to bc someone silver tongued comes along. We're cool, ur cool we're cool lol hahahahahahahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

There's still 10 songs we haven't heard in full I just think it's a bit early to be making assumptions about the entire album's production. 

And this album doesn't seem to have any cheap beats so far, hopefully it stays that way 

Fair enough, but I just don't think we'll get a much different sound on the other songs we haven't heard that's all

---

In other news, I hope Terrence is right about 22nd feb and lana drops the album cover since she's being generous on Insta lately

She was about to release her most sophisticated record with this orchestral serve but she went for the Billboard Top 100 hit instead

http://instagram.com/p/BR20NB4BjRw/

im just gonna say this, the day more LFL demos leak we will be pissed about how much better they were than the final product...at least i will be idk about y'all