Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Y’all know good and damn well I meant she’s gotten older and her music has changed as well.

Changed, yes, but her music is in no way more mature. Half the songs from Lust for Life could have been written by a teenager. Songs like Heroin, 13 Beaches, and more recent tracks like Hope? Those songs I would never call childish or vacuous. But she was writing equally "mature" songs at 21 as well.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I mean she was also living in a trailer park for no reason and smoking meth :rip:

She did that after tho :rip:

Now you're just twisting the facts to prove your very specific point. Let that girl live in peace

What facts did I twist :biblio:

All in all: if we're taking it from a perspective of a singer writing poetry, then yes congrats to her.

If we're taking it from a poet perspective, then no.

Let's just agree to disagree!

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

What facts did I twist :biblio:

Everything can be inspirational if you know where to look. That includes finding basic joy in routine and hanging out with friends. This stage in her life gives us a different insight to her personality than 20 something Lana participating in more engaging activities but it's still Lana so whatever she does in life you know damn well she'll put in on paper and then sing about in in the booth. She's older and has a different perspective and priorities of course but she looks at life through the same or perhaps even more advanced lense. Her art is still here.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

lmao the poem is so vapid and shallow and just. it's bad  :biblio:

i'm happy lana has gotten to a very comfortable place in her life, but it's become clear that she is not stimulated or challenged in any way. her lyrics are lazy. her visuals are lazy (that's being kind). her art has undoubtedly regressed. given that, it's incredible that the music still sounds good and the lyrics are okay, but come on. go listen to anything pre-LFL. nothing she puts out compares. she's wasting away in LA and seems to have surrounded herself with yes-men.

She posted some poetry. I really hope this record is as descriptive as that poem

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Gonna start searching for someone else to stan just in case this is what its gonna be like from now on. :smokes:

Marina is serving a double album with a real concept, good aesthetics and actual promo and you still need to search for someone else? Bitch she's right there, miss Marina no diamonds deserves to be recognized.

tumblr_inline_p2ocs3ftgn1qc4uvh_400.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

What's the point in debating Lana's poetic skills? If someone enjoys her poetry and think she's a good poet, let them be! I don't understand why we need to bring that down from them. And vice versa, if someone doesn't like her poetry then just let them be and don't try and convince them it's good. The brilliant thing about art in general is that it's all open to interpretation, it's subjective, and not a single work of art has been made to please everyone. Everyone's opinion is valid if they don't try to irrationally spread it  :creep:

nice cocc bro

Guys... i love this poetry shit. it coincides with the music. this poem reminds me of In You Car a lot. I do agree this “era” is filled with misconceptions and boring news and not enough interaction from her, but i overall LOVE the music. She’s gonna release it ONE day so don’t think that it will never see the light of day, i won’t say to be patient cause patience eventually wears thin. but the day that she does release NFR we will LOVE it.

giphy.gif

What's the point in debating Lana's poetic skills? If someone enjoys her poetry and think she's a good poet, let them be! I don't understand why we need to bring that down from them. And vice versa, if someone doesn't like her poetry then just let them be and don't try and convince them it's good. The brilliant thing about art in general is that it's all open to interpretation, it's subjective, and not a single work of art has been made to please everyone. Everyone's opinion is valid if they don't try to irrationally spread it  :creep:

I agree I won’t attack people for liking it....fine by me if others like this drivel (joke lol).

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance