Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I read and write, but even if I didn't I'd still be entitled to an opinion. She's allowed to create what she wants, but once you put it out into the public via an instagram post of all mediums, you open yourself up to criticism whether you want it or not. People shouldn't be expected to coddle her and say everything she does is amazing just because it might be personal to her.

I agree, everyone is allowed to critique. BUT theres a difference between having a negative opinion of something and just simply being rude and vile. There’s no need for that and it’s getting really old with every little thing she does.

This isn’t for everyone who only wants to hear the music. You either really enjoy poetry or you don’t. Since you write, you know that and most of the time it’s a very niche thing. But there’s no need to voice such hate

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Am I the only one who cried reading the poem? Maybe it's because I can relate. But I find it really touching and honest. Beautifully written.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I agree, everyone is allowed to critique. BUT theres a difference between having a negative opinion of something and just simply being rude and vile. There’s no need for that and it’s getting really old with every little thing she does.

This isn’t for everyone who only wants to hear the music. You either really enjoy poetry or you don’t. Since you write, you know that and most of the time it’s a very niche thing. But there’s no need to voice such hate

I wouldn't necessarily say it's rude and vile, unless you have thin skin and aren't used to the sometimes harsh aspects of critiquing. No one said "Lana is a disgusting poet, let's burn her house down with all her books in it" the only thing I've read is that people saw it as somewhat amateur and subpar, considering she has been writing for the past 15+ years, took writing classes, and basically submerged herself in Whitman, Nabokov, Sylvia Plath and beat poetry for a long time. I'm glad she's writing poetry, I just think she should have sat on this poem for another year before releasing it. I have hope the poetry book won't be like what she posted on instagram, considering how beautiful the title is. I just think some members here shouldn't be so dramatic and act as though we've signed a petition to have Lana's hands binded and her mouth sewn shut. If things like this really bother you, I wouldn't necessarily say being a part of a forum is the best idea, considering it is a union of all aspects of opinion, not a biased playground of compliments and devotion. As I've stated and will again, I'm glad Lana is writing. I also think, since she genuinely (kinda) enjoyed pilot classes, maybe going to some writing classes would do her some good. She could invite her new gal pals, bring her coffee, discuss literature, and improve on something she has potential for. There's nothing wrong with working towards improvement, I mean, even singers like Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande have vocal coaches! Growth hurts no one.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Uploading images is not working for me and I’m getting v frustrated so y’all are getting the link

https://imgur.com/download/bfF20id/

Just an FYI, LanaBoards tends to run low on space so uploading directly isn’t recommended - I recommend uploading to another’s site such as Imgur, Flickr, etc & then embedding the image using the lil tree icon! x

I've already been banned before my lovetumblr_mkonv9TqRS1qdsodio1_400.gif

Sis why’d you out yourself like that :eek: I’ll pretend like I didn’t see this post for the time being x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I wouldn't necessarily say it's rude and vile, unless you have thin skin and aren't used to the sometimes harsh aspects of critiquing. No one said "Lana is a disgusting poet, let's burn her house down with all her books in it" the only thing I've read is that people saw it as somewhat amateur and subpar, considering she has been writing for the past 15+ years, took writing classes, and basically submerged herself in Whitman, Nabokov, Sylvia Plath and beat poetry for a long time. I'm glad she's writing poetry, I just think she should have sat on this poem for another year before releasing it. I have hope the poetry book won't be like what she posted on instagram, considering how beautiful the title is. I just think some members here shouldn't be so dramatic and act as though we've signed a petition to have Lana's hands binded and her mouth sewn shut. If things like this really bother you, I wouldn't necessarily say being a part of a forum is the best idea, considering it is a union of all aspects of opinion, not a biased playground of compliments and devotion. As I've stated and will again, I'm glad Lana is writing. I also think, since she genuinely (kinda) enjoyed pilot classes, maybe going to some writing classes would do her some good. She could invite her new gal pals, bring her coffee, discuss literature, and improve on something she has potential for. There's nothing wrong with working towards improvement, I mean, even singers like Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande have vocal coaches! Growth hurts no one.

My beloved, it's great that you are so passionate and have a lot to say. But just like growth hurts no one, breaking up your wall of text into shorter paragraphs doesn't hurt either. It only makes things easier for everyone to read, so why not?  :kiss2:

That being said, I agree with what you said. And although her writing may not be that brilliant, I'm glad she is opening up & sharing another piece of her soul, as she always has, for those of us who seek to be inspired.  :flutter:

My beloved, it's great that you are so passionate and have a lot to say. But just like growth hurts no one, breaking up your wall of text into shorter paragraphs doesn't hurt either. It only makes things easier for everyone to read, so why not? :kiss2:

That being said, I agree with what you said. And although her writing may not be that brilliant, I'm glad she is opening up & sharing another piece of her soul, as she always has, for those of us who seek to be inspired. :flutter:

Sorry I just get so passionate and I just write till I'm like "oop I think I'm done" then hit post. I really need to start revising my posts cause they're messy and repetitive :thumb3: but thanks for reading!

Also I'm glad she's writing, it inspires me! Although I'm not very fond of how the poem was constructed, it is a poem none the less and my rather negative opinion doesn't take away from the meaning Lana has behind it and how much fun she's having!

But yeah, I'm very, VERY slowly, learning how to calm the fuck down and express myself properly! See what I meant by we all need to grow! :creep:

I agree ^^

I was just about to say, which ones of you all who hate her poetry actually read poetry? Or even write poetry?

A lot of you guys know absolutely nothing about poetry and you’re dismissing it as if it’s trash. Maybe this is a way for her to recreate something that feels more Ultraviolence-ey without her ever actually having to recite it. Maybe it’s really personal to her. Maybe it’s got a lot of meaning behind it that a lot of you aren’t even considering bc you “couldn’t read past the first stanza”

Well there’s your problem. You’re judging a body of work without reading it fully. If you couldn’t read past the first stanza, stfu.

This poem feels very Mariner’s Apartment Complex to me, it reminds me of that song a lot and I hate seeing people dog on a body of work when it’s nothing they’re even remotely familiar with, used to reading or judging at all.

No it’s not worthy of an award but have you heard ANY of her music? My music first starts out as just simple poetry personally and I’m beginning to think she could write music that way too

You’re allowed an opinion but holy FUUUUCK are you guys bitter and poisonous. No fuckin wonder she turns her comments off

giphy.gif

I'm honestly shocked at some of the comments here today. I can't believe the amount of hatred and vitriol Lana gets here on this forum that's suppose to be dedicated to her fans. No wonder she closes her comments and doesn't update her social media as often. She can't win.  :eyeroll2:

I found the poem that Lana released today incredibly beautiful, personal and heartbreaking. I can't wait for her poetry book and her new album to come out. If her poetry book comes out first or vise versa that's fine as long as she releases it to us. I wouldn't be shocked she came here and read all the horrible stuff said about her poem and she ax's the entire thing. And she would do that too as we seen her do over the years. 

Take it easy on her. The album will come out when it does. Screaming and cursing at Lana on here won't make her release her album faster. You have 7-8 albums that's she's released. Enjoy those until the new album comes.  :sadcore:

Also I'm glad she's writing, it inspires me! Although I'm not very fond of how the poem was constructed, it is a poem none the less and my rather negative opinion doesn't take away from the meaning Lana has behind it and how much fun she's having!

yeah I love the words but I think she could have structured it better imo. I'm a total nerd about word flow, syllables, and rhyming. it's always been my favorite part of her music, sometimes her lyrics aren't the deepest or most poetic but she can make almost anything sound heavenly (ig 'my pussy taste like pepsi cola' and 'I fucked my way up to the top'. I was hoping that would continue into her poetry. 

Also again, just as an FYI, because some of you truly are getting offended by the critiques of a poem, just because we're fans, doesn't mean we enjoy everything. We all have opinions, and I mean if everyone is going to start crying when people speak on their true feelings about something, I mean might as well close down the entire board then, seeing as it's purpose is to discuss, not blindly follow everything that someone does. That's a cult. Try CultDelRey.com if you're only interested in worshipping Lana.

If you cannot handle seeing negative feedback, then this isn't the place for you. Period.

Also again, just as an FYI, because some of you truly are getting offended by the critiques of a poem, just because we're fans, doesn't mean we enjoy everything. We all have opinions, and I mean if everyone is going to start crying when people speak on their true feelings about something, I mean might as well close down the entire board then, seeing as it's purpose is to discuss, not blindly follow everything that someone does. That's a cult. Try CultDelRey.com if you're only interested in worshipping Lana.

If you cannot handle seeing negative feedback, then this isn't the place for you. Period.

There is a difference between not liking something and filling a thread with toxic comments daily.Period.

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

the poem is not "happy" or at least I did not read it as happy, she seems to be lonely while writing this poem, reflecting on her once happy state of being. as people we all go through the dread of fearing moments of happiness might never occur again, that is what I took from it. sort of profound and also my personal analysis of it. 

almost similar to Video Games - reflecting on her once "blissful" love, and she keeps loving unconditionally - which is in itself brave of her

:trisha: yes!

Just an FYI, LanaBoards tends to run low on space so uploading directly isn’t recommended - I recommend uploading to another’s site such as Imgur, Flickr, etc & then embedding the image using the lil tree icon! x

Aww thank you! I tried with Imagur but it said the file extension was not supported or smth like this. I’ll try other sites next time!