Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

6 = its been six months since she released MAC

7 = its been seven months since she teased some snippet

69 = the album will come out in 2088

hope i was helpful  :flutter:  xo

lol i just did 69 days plus february 12th when she posted that and its May 4th which is a friday

I don't know what to think anymore of people here sometimes... 

If you don't like what she put out since UV, then why torture yourself and stay on the bandwagon? it's perfectly normal to love artists at a certain point of your life and not like them anymore after that. But to keep hanging on and hoping that her future music will sound like something out of previous ears is unrealistic.

Plus she said, in her Complex interview last year, that she didn't care losing fans. She is stubborn and will put out music she loves.

I still love her very much, and I connect with each album. True, some of her choices are quesitonable with this era. But the terms "lazy" and "trash" constantly written are just too much. You might not like what she offers, but don't exagerate. 

And just listen to the radio at some point: even her weakest songs are 10 times better than the lyrics we hear these days. 

Now this is what some of y'all needed to read giphy.gif

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

If you don't like what she put out since UV, then why torture yourself and stay on the bandwagon? it's perfectly normal to love artists at a certain point of your life and not like them anymore after that. But to keep hanging on and hoping that her future music will sound like something out of previous ears is unrealistic.

Plus she said, in her Complex interview last year, that she didn't care losing fans. She is stubborn and will put out music she loves.

I still love her very much, and I connect with each album. True, some of her choices are quesitonable with this era. But the terms "lazy" and "trash" constantly written are just too much. You might not like what she offers, but don't exagerate. 

And just listen to the radio at some point: even her weakest songs are 10 times better than the lyrics we hear these days. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I agree with what you’re saying for the most part. But for people like me that are still on the bandwagon, I’m not exactly wanting her to return to an older sound, I just want a “real” evolution. Yes, she’s been experimenting with new sounds but it’s not something I would exactly call an improvement. Like the potential is there but it doesn’t sound fully realized? Her melodies have gotten less dynamic and engaging over the years, her lyricism is becoming less inspired, lazy visuals, etc. I admit, the themes of self growth are there but not nearly as poignant as they should be. I’m still here because I know she has (or had) the potential to write amazing stuff but she’s just too comfortable and I feel she’s not really challenging herself to take her songwriting to the next level anymore.

We’ll see where she goes with the next album. I’m not gonna be too hard on NFR because she even said so herself that she wasn’t trying to write her next best album, that she wrote it just for fun.

People are just saying they prefer UV more, there's nothing else to that. It doesn't make someone a bad or questionable person if they prefer one album over the other and wish for Lana to have the same vibes in her future work.

That's because it's true.

:)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

People are just saying they prefer UV more, there's nothing else to that. It doesn't make someone a bad or questionable person if they prefer one album over the other and wish for Lana to have the same vibes in her future work.

That's because it's true.

:)

giphy.gif

I only like Summer Bummer, Love, White Mustang and Cherry from LfL :creep:  heres hoping that NFR will give me more to like. I do like Cinnamon and Venice Bitch, so theres that xD

what if “happy” is the new burnt norton interlude???!!! i’m down w that.

i like the way you think

this era as a whole is just sad and if you strongly disagree then idk what else to say

I agree with what you’re saying for the most part. But for people like me that are still on the bandwagon, I’m not exactly wanting her to return to an older sound, I just want a “real” evolution. Yes, she’s been experimenting with new sounds but it’s not something I would exactly call an improvement. Like the potential is there but it doesn’t sound fully realized? Her melodies have gotten less dynamic and engaging over the years, her lyricism is becoming less inspired, lazy visuals, etc. I admit, the themes of self growth are there but not nearly as poignant as they should be. I’m still here because I know she has (or had) the potential to write amazing stuff but she’s just too comfortable and I feel she’s not really challenging herself to take her songwriting to the next level anymore.

We’ll see where she goes with the next album. I’m not gonna be too hard on NFR because she even said so herself that she wasn’t trying to write her next best album, that she wrote it just for fun.

We don't have the same vision of all this.

I personally think her music is what it is, I don't wait for any improvement, I mean, a singer career isn't an X-Factor tv show and I'm not musically qualified to judge music in general. Even if I personally think that all of the last released songs are very good and mature.

And I think it's obvious that Lana Del Rey was more "MTV Friendly" at the beginning of her career 'cause she had biggest responsabilities. Now she/they are doing the things in a different way, more atypical and cohesive to the character she's playing : mysterious, nonchalant and slow.

+ all the low-definition imagery build her story too. It's not because it's not HD or heavily worked that it's unworthy.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

everyone is just constantly repeating themselves every 5 minutes. seriously can we just let this thread die until something worthwhile happens

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

everyone is just constantly repeating themselves every 5 minutes. seriously can we just let this thread die until something worthwhile happens

But how else are we suppose to torture each other and get more likes? :creep:

i feel like we should all just move to the random discussion thread for now because...