Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I feel like I'm the only one who genuinely loves LFL (the title track) and appreciate its production. Call me tasteless but it's actually me favorite title track of hers. Maybe bc of personal reasons. But oh whale

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Like I genuinely dont understand WHY yall hate it so much. I'm guessing bc lyrically it's not as good as her previous albums? But I dont think the LFL we got was the original album she intended to release. With that in mind, what we got was just a collection of songs. And a message of hope for a better future. Theres no grand story. Theres no concept. It's a gift. "For the fans". So that being said, LFL (title track) is the perfect summary of what lana wants for us, and maybe herself. Let go of your fears and insecurities (Take off all your clothes). Live. Chase your dreams. Take risks. Fall in love. You get one life. :oprah: and tbh regardless of the message. The instrumental and background vocals on this song are amazing and live up to the Retro Futuristic description. And that's the tea

Sorry for the essay I just had to say it

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I feel like I'm the only one who genuinely loves LFL (the title track) and appreciate its production. Call me tasteless but it's actually me favorite title track of hers. Maybe bc of personal reasons. But oh whale

CLIMB UP THE H OF THE HOLLYWOOD SIGN—

i fucking love that song. i think ‘lust for life’ and ‘love’ got old for me though only because i overplayed them soooo many times before the release of the album. but i still love them no matter what.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

But I dont think the LFL we got was the original album she intended to release. With that in mind, what we got was just a collection of songs.

what y'all mean by this? i see ppl talking about what LFL was "supposed" to be but i don't know shit, is it explained anywhere that someone can link me to?

I've been listening to Honeymoon a lot lately. Gorgeous album. We all like to blame grandpa Rick for ruining LFL, but the difference between LFL and honeymoon's production (he did both!!) proves lana herself ruins her own music. I hope she doesn't override Jack's better sense and turn NFR into a sonic disaster. Venice Bitch gives me hope, but that hope is almost wiped out by HIADIFJNGDJ-SJDN. I'm scared.

I never said the song is BAD, I even think it's better than Born To Die (sue me), however, among her other title tracks this one is a little weak but I love the atmosphere the song creates, especially the pre-chorus section. Anyway the song is cute but it's probably the weakest on the album (I'm not counting Coachella because for me that song doesn't even exist) and the original version had potential to be 10x better and more interesting.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Like I genuinely dont understand WHY yall hate it so much. I'm guessing bc lyrically it's not as good as her previous albums? But I dont think the LFL we got was the original album she intended to release. With that in mind, what we got was just a collection of songs. And a message of hope for a better future. Theres no grand story. Theres no concept. It's a gift. "For the fans". So that being said, LFL (title track) is the perfect summary of what lana wants for us, and maybe herself. Let go of your fears and insecurities (Take off all your clothes). Live. Chase your dreams. Take risks. Fall in love. You get one life. :oprah: and tbh regardless of the message. The instrumental and background vocals on this song are amazing and live up to the Retro Futuristic description. And that's the tea

Sorry for the essay I just had to say it

I honestly love every one of Lana's albums in their own way. LFL may not be strong cohesively, but it sure is a damn great playful album!

There's summer bummer to shake your ass to, there's 13 Beaches for when you're feeling lost and uninterested by life, there's cherry for those nights you wanna slow twerk and cry, tomorrow never came for those break ups you want to reminisce about, get free for when you're feeling hopeful, lust for life for my girls who finally beat depression and found a new lust for life, war for those who are fearful of what the future holds, heroin for those early mornings you just want to relax, and so much more.

I will always be dumbfounded by the fact that Lanaboards really hates on it, because there's so many layers and songs for all walks of life. I think that's what she meant by it's an album for her fans. Whether you want some country (TNC), some trap (SB), some surf (GF), some pop (LFL), etc. There's something for everyone!

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

what y'all mean by this? i see ppl talking about what LFL was "supposed" to be but i don't know shit, is it explained anywhere that someone can link me to?

The original tracklist had 18 songs. Best American Record was the original title track. Due to Love leaking in February and BAR leaking shortly after, the album release schedule was thrown hella off course. And Lana scrapped BAR as a result, along with other tracks such as Yosemite, and Roses Bloom For You. Later on she added more songs in the wake of her encounter with G-Eazy (White Mustang, In My Feelings) and he was actually supposed to feature on Groupie Love. But bc shit went wrong in their relationship she canceled him and got Asap again. (In my feelings is a diss to him). Also Change was recorded literally an hour before Lana sent in the final tracklist to the label

The original tracklist had 18 songs. Best American Record was the original title track. Due to Love leaking in February and BAR leaking shortly after, the album release schedule was thrown hella off course. And Lana scrapped BAR as a result, along with other tracks such as Yosemite, and Roses Bloom For You. Later on she added more songs in the wake of her encounter with G-Eazy (White Mustang, In My Feelings) and he was actually supposed to feature on Groupie Love. But bc shit went wrong in their relationship she canceled him and got Asap again. (In my feelings is a diss to him). Also Change was recorded literally an hour before Lana sent in the final tracklist to the label

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxydNWCyjc

Don't forget Rick said Lust For Life (the song) sounded beautiful before it featured the weeknd and Max Martin got his hands on it. That's when Lana switched the chorus with the verse and changed some of half of the lyrics. I truly hope LFL demo leaks one day!

I just particularly hate that weird motorcycle revving it’s engine at the beginning of LFL or maybe it’s a car but I hate the vroom vroom part and mainly for me the backing vocals sound weird. The “dowa, dowa” or “shudda, shudda” parts. Or maybe she’s saying “shuddup, shuddup” it’s liek she’s trying to do the “duwap, duwap” thing from the 60s but the pace of the song doesn’t need any “duwaps” even tho it sounds like she’s not even saying it right and maybe that’s the production part of it

That’s my main gripes about the title track of LFL. There’s probably other instrumentals or versions that sound TONS better than the released version. I’m just glad we’re getting a full record that’s produced by SOMEBODY else finally. How much more can Rick produce without running out of ideas?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Y aren't. I genuinely love it too, the piano in the background, the wispy vocals, the strange song structure, it's hauntingly beautiful w/o having to be so heavy 

UV/Honeymoon

I never said the song is BAD, I even think it's better than Born To Die (sue me), however, among her other title tracks this one is a little weak but I love the atmosphere the song creates, especially the pre-chorus section. Anyway the song is cute but it's probably the weakest on the album (I'm not counting Coachella because for me that song doesn't even exist) and the original version had potential to be 10x better and more interesting.

Lust for Ugly featuring castrato the weeknd? Better than the iconic depression anthem Born to Die?? expect your lawsuit in 2-4 weeks, ma'am

50b6929ad187069ad02edba36baf75c1-png.jpg

I can forgive everything she did except for the fact that she deadass scrapped BAR, despite having filmed a whole music video for it. Then had the audacity to slap WM over the footage, and a random Latin instrumental over the remaining footage.

I just particularly hate that weird motorcycle revving it’s engine at the beginning of LFL or maybe it’s a car but I hate the vroom vroom part and mainly for me the backing vocals sound weird. The “dowa, dowa” or “shudda, shudda” parts. Or maybe she’s saying “shuddup, shuddup” it’s liek she’s trying to do the “duwap, duwap” thing from the 60s but the pace of the song doesn’t need any “duwaps” even tho it sounds like she’s not even saying it right and maybe that’s the production part of it

That’s my main gripes about the title track of LFL. There’s probably other instrumentals or versions that sound TONS better than the released version. I’m just glad we’re getting a full record that’s produced by SOMEBODY else finally. How much more can Rick produce without running out of ideas?

Rick's version of West Coast is beautiful tbh

https://youtu.be/pqg73BLoyFU

And don't forget he produced Honeymoon!

I'm actually over the wait like usually with Lana I don't care that she does no promo cause she releases so frequently so I can live with it but this era has been so fucking terrible she just drops tracks and disappears for months? Legit what is the point if she has a finished album sitting there like what are they actually waiting for??? This is gonna turn into another LFL situation where she teases all these amazing tracks then scraps them last minute and serves up a half assed album 

FzytWEW.png