Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just wish we could all have a conversation without putting eachother down nor acting a fool. I mean yes that is a way to express yourself, but is it the right way? No. You shouldn't feel the need to put others down in order to validate your own opinion. I know I'm not anywhere close to perfect, but I try and fix my faults and explain myself in a way that people can actually understand where I'm coming from. Of course it won't change, it's just a weird dichotomy to have people saying "this board is too fucking positive fuck this era and everyone who likes it all the songs are shit" and "this era is the best fucking thing ever fuck anyone who doesn't like it all these songs are better than anything she's ever made". It's just such an aggressive approach, especially when trying to persuade people to agree with you. I don't think spitting in people's faces with your opinions necessarily will win any debate. Like you said, yes it's the way people express themselves, but they would have much more success in trying to get people to see their point of view if they actually held up a conversation rather than going for low blows and just so hateful, whether it's positive hateful or negative hateful both are just as bad. I guess it's just been a while since I was banned and when I was active here everyone actually had real opinions and respect for eachother. It's just crazy how fast it changed

You are right, nobody should feel the need to put others down in order to validate their own opinion. Unfortunately, that's exactly the easiest way to do it and tends to be people's preferred choice. Why bother building an argument for your opinion when you can just devalue other opinions & the people holding them? We like to be right, and we like the validation that having a good taste in music gives our self concept. But we also look at referent others to help form our self concept: we feel even better about ourselves when other people like the things we do. That becomes especially tricky when we bring something so subjective as aesthetic appreciation into the equation. Try using logic and reason to convince everyone that your favourite colour should be their favourite colour. That's not really going to happen, is it? So it becomes less of a matter of trying to "persuade people to agree with you", which is just unfeasible for most people, and more about asserting our perception of what is good.

cTvIQIx.gif

And anyway, is it really a debate, or is it a discussion? And is it really as black and white as you are catastrophizing it to be? Try looking past the hyperbole and dramatisation, and maybe you'll see people who are just very passionate about music they (don't) love. Not everything is meant to be taken literally. 

Anyway, I've spent longer than I should have on these essays.

200w.gif

OT: The way her voice sounds so intimate and vulnerable in the Cinnamon bridge (?)  :defeated:

It's become very apparent I'd say that this site has gained what I'd like to call "sweet sally no sees" who pretend that they don't see the good and only see the bad, then complain "wow you guys are always so harsh on Lana you never give her a chance and you truly aren't fans" and it's starting to get VERY old & annoying.

I don't really understand the logic of pretending to be a positive person yet being so fixated on everyone's negative opinions and failing to acknowledge everything positive being said? Like it literally contradicts what you stand for which is interesting.

As for Lana's work, I've praised LOTS of her new stuff. I fucking adore Cinnamon, How To Disappear is one of my favorite songs from her sonically and lyrically since AKA, Venice Bitch is a really great and cute playful song and the guitar is great, Mariners Apartment Complex is one of my faves and the instrumental breakdown is a dream.

Yet these sweet sally no sees pretend things like that aren't being said. I don't understand most of the logic here being used. I praise 4 songs, and say "Hmm well HIADT isn't really for me" or "these last two poems aren't really doing anything for me and here's why" and then all these little Lana ass lickers like to forget everything positive that has been said and it's truly sad and telling that some of you are here only to start fights and act like everything Lana does is godly.

That's not how life works kids, you can't like everything an artist does. These people aren't Gods and the way some of you hold her up to be that is actually really disturbing?

So instead of being a hypocrite, because that's what you're doing when you ignore the 10 positive posts and only choose to see the one negative post and say "wow this board is so negative", maybe just walk away and like not be so fixated on trying to make everyone feel bad for the way they feel?

You cannot preach that we're negative for our true opinions when you guys are trying to find the negative in every post on this site. It just doesn't make sense and I truly hope some of you work on seeing the positive in what people here say.

You guys act like everyone wants Lana burned at the stake for destroying the English language, when that's not even close. We're just not going to brown nose her and pretend we like everything. There's a difference between being a fan/stan, and being an intense follower who kisses her feet at every opportunity you can get. I'm glad you like her, but stop putting artists to God levels, it's really, really not healthy. Thank you :bye2:

I love everything you are writing. I feel like real fans are the ones who are speaking their minds not only for the good but also for the bad, since we all want Lana to be successful, happy and make an amazing art, we all want what's good for her.

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

I like how Lana writes the most poetic lyrics in her songs and the most mundane, stream of consciousness-like lines in her poems when really it typically is the other way around. Again, we love a confusing Gemini

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

"u like my long ass essays what is all this you said of the mess up this page don't be scared daddy eclipse u know how i like to fight all the gays on lanaboards first stop at the pre-release thread" - @Peroxide

:bop:

"u like my long ass essays what is all this you said of the mess up this page don't be scared daddy eclipse u know how i like to fight all the gays on lanaboards first stop at the pre-release thread" - @Peroxide

1949 is in my top 5 all time songs ever

Hey if they make me into a robot and that's all it says I ain't mad at it :thumb3: but daddy eclipse? Why would I ever say that :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

venice bitch is one of her best songs she's ever made, top 5 easily

I politely disagree

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

anyway.gif

This will be the first Lana album I buy on vinyl in years if the music continues to be this good. I need the cover to be pretty, though.

Same omg. I think the lfl cover was the only reason I didn't buy the vinyl

Ok after my bashing of the poem 12 hours ago, I have woken up with a fresh brain and just came to say I love Mariners Apartment Complex, I Love Venice Bitch, they are in my top 10 Lana songs. I love Hope is a dangerous thing and I think it's the most mature lyrics of any song I've heard in like 2 years so.

i cant relate to hope cus i dont have it at all but i really like the song. its very urban and very cool

It's become very apparent I'd say that this site has gained what I'd like to call "sweet sally no sees" who pretend that they don't see the good and only see the bad, then complain "wow you guys are always so harsh on Lana you never give her a chance and you truly aren't fans" and it's starting to get VERY old & annoying.

I don't really understand the logic of pretending to be a positive person yet being so fixated on everyone's negative opinions and failing to acknowledge everything positive being said? Like it literally contradicts what you stand for which is interesting.

As for Lana's work, I've praised LOTS of her new stuff. I fucking adore Cinnamon, How To Disappear is one of my favorite songs from her sonically and lyrically since AKA, Venice Bitch is a really great and cute playful song and the guitar is great, Mariners Apartment Complex is one of my faves and the instrumental breakdown is a dream.

Yet these sweet sally no sees pretend things like that aren't being said. I don't understand most of the logic here being used. I praise 4 songs, and say "Hmm well HIADT isn't really for me" or "these last two poems aren't really doing anything for me and here's why" and then all these little Lana ass lickers like to forget everything positive that has been said and it's truly sad and telling that some of you are here only to start fights and act like everything Lana does is godly.

That's not how life works kids, you can't like everything an artist does. These people aren't Gods and the way some of you hold her up to be that is actually really disturbing?

So instead of being a hypocrite, because that's what you're doing when you ignore the 10 positive posts and only choose to see the one negative post and say "wow this board is so negative", maybe just walk away and like not be so fixated on trying to make everyone feel bad for the way they feel?

You cannot preach that we're negative for our true opinions when you guys are trying to find the negative in every post on this site. It just doesn't make sense and I truly hope some of you work on seeing the positive in what people here say.

You guys act like everyone wants Lana burned at the stake for destroying the English language, when that's not even close. We're just not going to brown nose her and pretend we like everything. There's a difference between being a fan/stan, and being an intense follower who kisses her feet at every opportunity you can get. I'm glad you like her, but stop putting artists to God levels, it's really, really not healthy. Thank you :bye2:

FACTS

venice bitch is one of her best songs she's ever made, top 5 easily

Not really tbh

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Urban????????????????????????????? :awkney: you mean classical right...... Like sis that's not urban.....

lmao its a joke from the meme brinty spreas

Brinty+Spreas.png

britney calls everything urban

dats v interesting nd cool

Killy+Manoge.png

get outta my fking way or Ill timebomb your whole family

helo chicago, welcum 2 my piss off me tor