Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not trying to be ungrateful but the fact this isn't a NFR-related release it's just annoying...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Real question here: would her friends bother so many of you if she gave us news / info about NFR?

No, ppl prob would turn a blind eye. They’re just a scapegoat for Lana’s bad behavior.

OT but I had a dream that Doin Time was a double release and she put out another song w it! Please send all prayers and wishes to 6969 Clown Street

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Some comments from Sublime's Facebook. Straight old men are a DISEASE :horror:

OS8p7Ez.jpg

j3sH9Qe.jpg

I love how none of them really know who Lana is but call her talentless and a hack anyway. Older generation fans are so ageist to modern artists they think music was invented in the 80s & 90s and nothing can be better.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Real question here: would her friends bother so many of you if she gave us news / info about NFR? 

I should not be so quick to judge, as I do not know her friends, 

but I can't help but feel annoyed by them (especially since lana hasn't always been the best judge of character, example cozying up to Harvey Weinstein...) 

I just get a feeling that these girls would make fun of (behind the scenes) of lana and the harsh realities lana sings about...

Jen stith did a video story zooming in of Lanas tattoo on her finger which says "die young" and Jen captioned it "ldr bringing the drama" and I just found that repulsive... im sure it was just humor... but I just found it annoying... im sure they love her for her "drama" as it has propelled her career, cause we all relate to it in our lives, so lana is obviously doing something right and im sure lana knows this... sry for the rant, just annoyed with miss del Rey atm....

I think she played a seductive role most of us loved for the first few years, but has abandoned that role and now we’re left with the genuine human being, and it’s difficult to adjust. But she’s been forcing us to a little at a time, via the very unflattering short clips and photos. That’s why I say the album art of NFR will tell us a great deal about who she is now and where she’s headed.

It’s sort of like Hitchcock’s classic film ‘Vertigo,’ in which Jimmy Stewart falls in love with a seductive, poised and cultured woman who turns out to have only been a rather lower middle class shop girl ACTING due to a third party’s manipulations and murder plot. When Jimmy Stewart finds out his obsession never existed, he goes mad. That’s us!

Well, I have come to realize how stupid I was for believing "Lana Del Rey" was anything more than a fictional character, but in my defense, many genuine human beings are seductive that way. I've known people like her, in real life, so it wasn't the hardest thing in the world to believe she truly was like that too. At first I thought she was nothing more than a scam, a project a bunch of label executives put together, but she grew on me in time. I really wish I had never given her a second chance, because I got sucked in a fucking lie lol. I really got played here lmao

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Y’all are too much lol.

I assume Ben never responded to any prompt about the song? I really wish it seemed like she or Ben or someone cared about how her fandom is well beyond agitated. The only thing that would cause me to burn my fan card is if NFR was scrapped, which I don’t think is at all the case, but I want to tell her as a fan who is still in her corner that fans aren’t pleased.

grown men crying over a cover? god what a fucking jobless generation im laughing. they feel so threatened if this song becomes a hit... i mean its a compliment for lana because if they thought she was actually talentless they wouldnt be upset. sublime is obviously appreciative of her cover... like gtfo

I don't think they feel threatened or anything, they're just a bunch of misogynists who see her as a clueless little girl out to ruin their mAnLy mAn music :facepalm:

I understand not liking the cover itself, it didn't sound that promising from the snippet, but the comments about Lana were dumb and wack as fuck. Like, old man yells at cloud much? So embarrassing.

Y’all are too much lol.

I assume Ben never responded to any prompt about the song? I really wish it seemed like she or Ben or someone cared about how her fandom is well beyond agitated. The only thing that would cause me to burn my fan card is if NFR was scrapped, which I don’t think is at all the case, but I want to tell her as a fan who is still in her corner that fans aren’t pleased.

I feel like no one’s even as pissed as they should be, aside from us on LB and a handful of fans on IG. The public outcry is still not loud enough

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Sublime stans are no different than today's stans lmao. They aren't wrong to believe Lana is trash seeing as most mainstream popular music today is garbage, her being such a rare exception

Meh I kinda have to disagree here. Most of these men are in their 40's. Anyone with a brain (especially at that age) should know there is still good popular music out there, Lana being a perfect example of that. It's just that they'd rather stick to their 80's/90's macho metal bands and don't think twice to delve into other genres because they're both stubborn and ignorant towards the younger generation.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Meh I kinda have to disagree here. Most of these men are in their 40's. Anyone with a brain (especially at that age) should know there is still good popular music out there, Lana being a perfect example of that. It's just that they'd rather stick to their 80's/90's macho metal bands and don't think twice to delve into other genres because they're both stubborn and ignorant towards the younger generation.

Nah y'all are just dramatic, twitter stans act 100x worse

Nah y'all are just dramatic, twitter stans act 100x worse

How are we being dramatic? Half of the shit these men are saying is pretty harsh, imo.

I know some of you will throw stones at me for saying this, but I'd laugh so hard if the other song she put out before NFR was the MGK collab, still not on the album  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: '(yes, I know it was meant for his album that got scrapped)

ikr? lmao

us: lana pls post something

lana: here's a pic of some herbs

lana: here's a pic with my girlies

lana: here's a video with my girlies

us: lana pls post something NFR-related

lana: here's a 00:02 second snippet

us: lana its been 84 years pls post the lead single or any of the songs you've teased

lana: here are 12345678 collabs and don't forget to check out my friends new albums uwu!!

How are we being dramatic? Half of the shit these men are saying is pretty harsh, imo.

And y'all give them the attention they want, they see Lana as another vapid LA girl which is lowkey what she's become the past year or two. 

And y'all give them the attention they want, they see Lana as another vapid LA girl which is lowkey what she's become the past year or two. 

While I agree with you there, it still doesn't seem fair of them to just completely disregard her art. We all know Lana is capable of giving us songs in all kinds of genres, they're just too lazy to seek them out.

While I agree with you there, it still doesn't seem fair of them to just completely disregard her art. We all know Lana is capable of giving us songs in all kinds of genres, they're just too lazy to seek them out.

No good in being capable of something and just not doing it tho

I don't think most people would care. They're super cringy so I'm sure there would be some comments, but we'd have no reason to talk about them this much if we had other, more substantial things to discuss.