Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Gentle reminder to please not post any snippets of Doin' Time as it will be officially released for purchase and streaming!!

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Oh, I didn't know that would be counted. Welp. 

I'll just sit over here with my new warning point.

aw i didn't mean to get other people in trouble too i'm so sorry!! @@Elle can i take the warning point instead since i was the one who shared it originally?? plus technically i posted it twice and he only did once

UbsOye5.png

It still makes no sense, and few if any record companies would allow it, as such an album cannot be effectively promoted, and without adequate sales, they have little chance of recouping their investment. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Nor Is there anything “simple” about such an explanation. It’s a more complicated explanation, not a less complicated one, than releasing the album in essentially one fell swoop as most artists do.

And what actual actions of hers are we genuinely aware of, short of attending certain events or dating various men? Few if any, unless some of us know her personally.

Maybe it’s a matter of opinion then, because to me it’s the simplest explanation. lol To contradict the label theory, it’s true, they’d make less money with the way Lana’s currently releasing it, so why would they be the ones holding/shelving NFR? Lana has repeatedly stated in interviews over the years that her label gives her more and more freedom to do what she wants. Remember the conflict during UV? It was a difficult process to get it released since the label didn’t see the $$$ they could get from it, but they were proven wrong because her fan base came through and it debuted at number 1 on the charts. Jump to now and they were seriously not on board with her releasing a 10 minute song, and Lana said “nah, this is what’s gonna happen b”, and guess what? She released Venice Bitch and NFR is still written as being a heavily anticipated album. Although Lana is not the typical mainstream artist, Lana is still getting a lot of praise. So in their eyes, the label is at a point of giving her enough freedom to go at her own pace in releasing songs since it’s been turning well in her favor.

Now for the poetry book being a part of the reason- that’s not complicated either. She’s posting poems, photographs and snippets of what she’s written for the book. I’m sure it takes time to release a poetry book and with her focus mostly on that at the moment, I’m sure that’s what her mind is mostly on. + Look at the cover she also did for this upcoming documentary? More $$$ for the label and Lana. She’s chilling and doesn’t give af. If you want more proof of that- look to her social media. Overall, I don’t think it’s that complicated to accept as true. lol