Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

But why are we asumming it won't be on NFR? We literally thought the same about Coachella and it ended up on LFL. IDK.

Yeah, but most of us won't mind if DT ends up on NFR, whereas most of us very much minded that Coachella ended up on LFL. 

Many of us still mind to this day. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yeah, but most of us won't mind if DT ends up on NFR, whereas most of us very much minded that Coachella ended up on LFL. 

lol I know, I hate that mess with all my heart. But yes that DT snippet sounds great actually and I kinda want it to be on the album.

Ok ok I respect that comment so much, but I'm a sucker for things that people tend to hate, so I have to defend Coachella and say that it's got a real heavenly bridge, has a selfless message, and that listening to it is great tempo for doing reps.I think that's it tho for now

Back on topic tho, it's great how DT's getting an actual official release. Wish we could stream some of her unreleased tracks 

UV/Honeymoon

y'all need to :

- stop being so hyped about her "new stuff" when you literally know nothing about it

- stop making assumptions that her "new stuff" will on her album (can we even call it that way? Jesus) and i know it's hard for some of y'all but you're literally setting yourself up for disappointment

- stop downloading the snippets, making picos out of them and listening to them a 16000 times

if you get your shit together, there won't be any meltdowns cuz it rlly seems like you haven't learned SHIT from these past 1500 pages..

she doesn't update us, doesn't address the situation, doesn't do shit for her album. like at ALL. she ain't coming for nothing this year, and you all need to acknowledge that, for real. the only advice i can give is, stop setting yourself up for disappointment then complaining on here. we learnt that we CANNOT trust her when it comes to Norman Fucking Rockwell or literally this era (met gala, etc..) and it's just so funny to see y'all being so hyped then falling to the ground cuz you were, ONCE AGAIN, way too delusional. LEARN THE LESSON.

there was no hype on my side whatsoever and i was literally waiting for you all to realize that 1. it was a cover and not at original song, and 2. it wouldn't be on the album. she said she wanted to put out a few songs before her album gets released and it was obvious that this one was one of them. turns out it's for a movie. so, really guys please stop being so delusional about this album, for real. everything she did from now on was releasing snippets when she wasn't supposed to, blatantly lying to us and not updating us for shit.

Emotional stress makes for a memorable, fuller learning experience. Synapses are more active and solid when the brain's going thru a diff time, bc it's desperately holding on to that information in order to have it apply to something else. Also, the meltdowns are fun 2 watch, but pls relax

UV/Honeymoon

Forgot who mentioned it, but I think the same thing happened w Blue Velvet? Dk exactly. But, aside from the video compilation still that was VB and a few from stills from the MAC video (which I'm still laughing about bc it's deffo not by the beach at all gahaaaa), we haven't gotten much of surf music from Lana. Guitars, psychedelia, check. Aside from that, nada, nd I think the cover would b a great indicator of soundspace vibes imo

I get what ur saying, but not too sure if it's the most insightful on how they're going about it. Not a great way to rep ur favorite act lmaooo. Least some of the gays can get pretty technical on how they dislike things.

I haven’t read all of the comments for my mental health lol. But you’re right they’re fucking vicious. And even if you don’t like her, Jesus, they should tone down the whore comments.

I get that they are mad and very protective of the group. But come on, they aren’t even heard the full song.

y'all need to :

- stop being so hyped about her "new stuff" when you literally know nothing about it

- stop making assumptions that her "new stuff" will on her album (can we even call it that way? Jesus) and i know it's hard for some of y'all but you're literally setting yourself up for disappointment

- stop downloading the snippets, making picos out of them and listening to them a 16000 times

if you get your shit together, there won't be any meltdowns cuz it rlly seems like you haven't learned SHIT from these past 1500 pages..

she doesn't update us, doesn't address the situation, doesn't do shit for her album. like at ALL. she ain't coming for nothing this year, and you all need to acknowledge that, for real. the only advice i can give is, stop setting yourself up for disappointment then complaining on here. we learnt that we CANNOT trust her when it comes to Norman Fucking Rockwell or literally anything from this era (met gala, etc..) and it's just so funny to see y'all being so hyped then falling to the ground cuz you were, ONCE AGAIN, way too delusional. LEARN THE LESSON.

there was no hype on my side whatsoever and i think most of us were really waiting for the others to realize that 1. it was a cover and not an original song, and 2. it wouldn't be on the album cuz she said she wanted to put out a few songs before her album gets released and it was obvious that this one was one of them. turns out it's for a movie.. and once again she didn't say anything.

so, really guys please stop being so delusional about this album, for real. everything she did from now on was releasing snippets when she wasn't supposed to, blatantly lying to us and not updating us for shit. i love her with all my SOUL but she's really losing a lot of fans right now, me included. i had 0 hype for the cover, and i won't be hyped until she releases the album. also, we all have Wild One and Cherry Blossom to keep our ears company so stay calm and carry on i guess

but what fun is that?

giphy.gif

Did some digging -

Was looking around and found concrete evidence that the Sublime cover is featured in (and done for) the new Sublime documentary that premiered at Tribeca Film Festival a couple of days ago. The song is featured at the end of the film during the credits.

image0.png

image0.png

It seems to have only been done for the documentary and will not be featured on NFR.

ARTICLE: https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/tribeca-film-festival-2019-sublime-documentary-review.html

kermit_hanging_himself.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I know we've only heard a snippet but I lowkey hate it, it sounds lame as hell compared to the original

It's different but I love this WTWWAWWJKD pre chorus type vibe of dark sass

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

She probably won't even tell us anything when the song comes out, we'll still be wondering then what it's for lol

communicate.gif

There has to be a legitimate, practical reason why the album is delayed and she’s saying nothing. Maybe she’s learned she’s her own worst enemy in that regard, and so has decided to remain mum until everything, absolutely everything, about the new record and the poetry book are ironed out and she, Ben and Interscope are on the same page.

IF there was no problem of any kind with NFR, it would have been released by now, unless she has foolishly held it up because of the poetry book.

Sadly, NFR, if it has remained unchanged since she finished it, probably feels dated and old hat to her, and she’s probably completely moved on to something else in her enthusiasms. Promoting it now probably seems like torture to her, and additionally, she’s going to be asked endless questions about the delay.

There has to be a legitimate, practical reason why the album is delayed and she’s saying nothing. Maybe she’s learned she’s her own worst enemy in that regard, and so has decided to remain mum until everything, absolutely everything, about the new record and the poetry book are ironed out and she, Ben and Interscope are on the same page.

IF there was no problem of any kind with NFR, it would have been released by now, unless she has foolishly held it up because of the poetry book.

Sadly, NFR, if it has remained unchanged since she finished it, probably feels dated and old hat to her, and she’s probably completely moved on to something else in her enthusiasms. Promoting it now probably seems like torture to her, and additionally, she’s going to be asked endless questions about the delay.

her lack of promotion has been a frustrating problem anyway, but there's no way she's gonna have any enthusiasm for promoting this, which is a shame cos i genuinely felt like she could finally get a grammy for NFR.

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live