Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Can’t she just announce the album is scrapped so we can all move on?

It’s probably being extensively reworked rather than scrapped completely, though there are precedents for announced albums being scrapped completely.

She probably just wants to appear as an average ‘pretty’ woman in her thirties now, whether in her daily life or on stage. What the forthcoming NFR album cover will look like will tell us a lot and the direction she’s going in. I don’t ever see a return to the “haughty conqueror” of the Paradise era.

I think it’s a mistake for her to discard the glamour altogether or almost altogether, but there are precedents in popular music, especially among female musicians and performers. Nico famously destroyed her looks so that she would be taken more seriously by the male-dominated music industry of the era, and Marianne Faithfull did the same thing a little later.

Tori Amos, on the other hand, was roundly criticized by fans, feminists and some on the Left for years for having a lot of facial surgery and airbrushing her album covers in the extreme.

Have you...not seen any pics of her from this year? The only look she seems to be going for is depressed stoner college girl failing half her classes

Anyway, she's no stranger to plastic surgery. Those who have criticized her for it will continue to do so, anyone who has a problem with plastic surgery in general will have shit to say. But I think most LDR fans don't have an issue with it, and society as a whole has become a lot more understanding. She'll only get negative comments if she ruins her face, like she's been trying to do with those cheek fillers.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Can’t she just announce the album is scrapped so we can all move on?

It’s probably being extensively reworked rather than scrapped completely, though there are precedents for announced albums being scrapped completely.

I want what I've been promised. I want Cinnamon, In Your Car, HIAB, "Stronger", etc. After that, she can just fade away like she wants to. I know I'm going to love NFR, but it's likely the last Lana Del Rey album I'm going to get. It's basically posthumous to me at this point. I'm simply not here for this matcha-guzzling, insta saddie, cringy wannabe poet. I'm not about that tesla mom car spin class crustacean life. I don't want to read about it, and I don't want to hear about it. I'm truly dreading LDR7. God knows what an embarrassment that could be. Is NFR going to be her best album yet? I doubt that. But I do not doubt that it's going to be a great album, most likely better than the last. It will be nice for her to go out with a bang. Like I've said before...she had a good run. It's okay. It's going to be okay.

Why are you dreading an album that’s not even in production yet? LDR7 will be another completely different roller coaster. She’s not stopping her music career, she just wants to venture out of her comfort zone. Which means we’ll het more personal poetry or maybe even more personal music she’s not released, maybe some unreleased stuff eventually. She’s not going anywhere

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Have you...not seen any pics of her from this year? The only look she seems to be going for is depressed stoner college girl failing half her classes

Anyway, she's no stranger to plastic surgery. Those who have criticized her for it will continue to do so, anyone who has a problem with plastic surgery in general will have shit to say. But I think most LDR fans don't have an issue with it, and society as a whole has become a lot more understanding. She'll only get negative comments if she ruins her face, like she's been trying to do with those cheek fillers.

Depressed failing stoner college girls can still be pretty though  :smokes4: 

What the..? Why is anyone sure it is scrapped or reworked? Why isnt anyone thinking that when it was done, it wasn’t the best time of year to release it?

It’s just postponed to a better time of year release, probably.

Jesus Christ, again with the scrapaphobia?

I suggest we make an awareness campaign together to tell people not to kill themselves or do hard drugs, because the album isn't scrapped once and for all. Apparently it's still not okay in their minds.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Honestly, if it’s not on the album then gr8, it’s not one of the 13 songs on it so we got 1 more song we don’t know about. If it is on the album then gr8, the snippet sounds amazing and it would be a lovely addition to NFR.

qfrWuBl.png

Because we have been left in the dark for so long to wonder and speculate people are being driven to madness. You do have to wonder why she isn't just keeping us updated, even vague updates would have done like in January saying "the album isn't coming any time soon but it will come out this year" would have calmed things and let us know we had quite a while to wait. Not hearing nothing just leaves us thinking what is happening and then it just gets annoying.

Honestly, if it’s not on the album then gr8, it’s not one of the 13 songs on it so we got 1 more song we don’t know about. If it is on the album then gr8, the snippet sounds amazing and it would be a lovely addition to NFR.

Has she actually said it's 13 songs or anything?

I suggest we make an awareness campaign together to tell people not to kill themselves or do hard drugs, because the album isn't scrapped once and for all. Apparently it's still not okay in their minds.

« Hello, Reyettes (one magazine called us that and I loved the vintage feel to that name lol), this is a public announcement, reminding you that our beloved mother will still release NFR some time in 2019. True, it has been forever, true our beloved mother isn’t as present as she used to be, but she still loves us very much. However, Reyettes, in the meantime, if you feel a lasting feeling of abandonment and betrayal over this whole situation, please seek professional help to help you cope with her behaviour, which isn’t supposed to be in the likes of your actual mother. Have a good day, and keep on being courageous. You are warriors and fighters, Reyettes. »

Because we have been left in the dark for so long to wonder and speculate people are being driven to madness. You do have to wonder why she isn't just keeping us updated, even vague updates would have done like in January saying "the album isn't coming any time soon but it will come out this year" would have calmed things and let us know we had quite a while to wait. Not hearing nothing just leaves us thinking what is happening and then it just gets annoying.

In her interview in January for a magazine (Vogue? Not 100% sure though of the mag)

I'm conflicted about this new song being for the documentary.

On one hand, it's good that she's getting exposure from Sublime fans (even though some of them are pissy old men), but If it's not on the album then how much longer will we have to wait for the next single that's 100% for NFR?

It's all very well that she is releasing Doin' Time, but she needs to be focusing on NFR and give the fans some kind of update, not spewing out these little side projects.

I don't think she had a choice in the matter. This isn't her project 100% so she can't delay it for 45 years like she'd rather do.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

yeah but tbh i think when the album comes out it's gonna have more, there's no way she's not in the studio recording last moment tracks

qfrWuBl.png

What the..? Why is anyone sure it is scrapped or reworked? Why isnt anyone thinking that when it was done, it wasn’t the best time of year to release it?

It’s just postponed to a better time of year release, probably.

Doesn't change the fact on how unprofessional and messy it's been.... honestly her absolute worst rollout, perhaps even of all the girls in her same area