Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

am i the only one that doesnt like the sound of this new song? it sounds messy and the vocals are very tinny

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

lmfao imagine. everyone commenting "omg you look like you did years ago!" and shes cackling because it aint her now.

I don't know anything about the documentary, but these things are typically in the works for years. She hasn't looked like this...in a good while. I can't see this being recent, until it's SUPER recent. Like, shot the same day recent. Who knows, maybe she had a mini makeover or something, I certainly hope that's the case. But hope is a dangerous thing in these dark NFR times, so I'd rather not get excited.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

not gonna lie, i'd rather she just quit music than keep doing this. sorry if this has been said before but i remember when born to die came out and she said she "may make just one album" (sorry can't cite the source, was an interview), i feel like the intent to drop what she feels is her best work and then stop is the kind of thing she always felt romantic about, she just probably hasn't been able to do it cos the stakes are higher

I want what I've been promised. I want Cinnamon, In Your Car, HIAB, "Stronger", etc. After that, she can just fade away like she wants to. I know I'm going to love NFR, but it's likely the last Lana Del Rey album I'm going to get. It's basically posthumous to me at this point. I'm simply not here for this matcha-guzzling, insta saddie, cringy wannabe poet. I'm not about that tesla mom car spin class crustacean life. I don't want to read about it, and I don't want to hear about it. I'm truly dreading LDR7. God knows what an embarrassment that could be. Is NFR going to be her best album yet? I doubt that. But I do not doubt that it's going to be a great album, most likely better than the last. It will be nice for her to go out with a bang. Like I've said before...she had a good run. It's okay. It's going to be okay.

She probably just wants to appear as an average ‘pretty’ woman in her thirties now, whether in her daily life or on stage. What the forthcoming NFR album cover will look like will tell us a lot and the direction she’s going in. I don’t ever see a return to the “haughty conqueror” of the Paradise era.

I think it’s a mistake for her to discard the glamour altogether or almost altogether, but there are precedents in popular music, especially among female musicians and performers. Nico famously destroyed her looks so that she would be taken more seriously by the male-dominated music industry of the era, and Marianne Faithfull did the same thing a little later.

Tori Amos, on the other hand, was roundly criticized by fans, feminists and some on the Left for years for having a lot of facial surgery and airbrushing her album covers in the extreme.

Leaving Hillsong in the cover of darkness the other night?

I had the impression that she must've done this in the last few days because she only dyed her hair that colour, what, last Thursday?

Sis is too lazy to dye her hair for one 28-second-long snippet ... she would only bother if she was gonna do other stuff. I think we'll get more from her not long after this song is released.

This is just like the Met Gala, don't @ me, let me live amongst my delusions.

No I meant before that. Her hair has been dark brown for more than a year, right? And I remember she went blonde for like a second in 2016. But I can't remember the last time her hair has been this shade.

Emotional stress makes for a memorable, fuller learning experience. Synapses are more active and solid when the brain's going thru a diff time, bc it's desperately holding on to that information in order to have it apply to something else. Also, the meltdowns are fun 2 watch, but pls relax

actually there’s a bell curve when it comes to stress. too low and the subject is unproductive because they’re lazy. too high and the subject is unproductive because they’re too stressed to fully focus on the material. the sweet spot is the right amount of stress that can be the motivating operator for the subject. also synapses are the space between receptors so there’s no way a synapse can be “more solid”. it’s essentially empty space. there could be more neurotransmitters being released through the synapse after being triggered by emotional stimuli but more NT release is not directly correlated to learning.

anyway before i get warned about straying off topic:

i saw someone say this video seems to be old? but i’m not sure. i know she just got fillers and dyed her hair so it could just be makeup but her face is def slimmer... which idk if it looked like that in the pic of her with a fan at sorella. her cheeks were twice the density of her forehead :toofunny:

I want what I've been promised. I want Cinnamon, In Your Car, HIAB, "Stronger", etc. After that, she can just fade away like she wants to. I know I'm going to love NFR, but it's likely the last Lana Del Rey album I'm going to get. It's basically posthumous to me at this point. I'm simply not here for this matcha-guzzling, insta saddie, cringy wannabe poet. I'm not about that tesla mom car spin class crustacean life. I don't want to read about it, and I don't want to hear about it. I'm truly dreading LDR7. God knows what an embarrassment that could be. Is NFR going to be her best album yet? I doubt that. But I do not doubt that it's going to be a great album, most likely better than the last. It will be nice for her to go out with a bang. Like I've said before...she had a good run. It's okay. It's going to be okay.

agreed. i know she hasn't been around that long and 33 is nothing but she defo seems to be at that stage in her life where she wants a more domestic existence. i remember when she was about 30 saying she hoped for marriage and babies "within the next 5 years." i do love the NFR songs for the most part but yeah, ANYTHING but a slow decline for the love of god

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

am i the only one that doesnt like the sound of this new song? it sounds messy and the vocals are very tinny

they're tinny because it's a terrible quality recording though the actual song will probably sound very different

Didn't like the snippet at all, doubt I'll like the full version. It sounds vapid af

I'm conflicted about this new song being for the documentary.

On one hand, it's good that she's getting exposure from Sublime fans (even though some of them are pissy old men), but If it's not on the album then how much longer will we have to wait for the next single that's 100% for NFR?

It's all very well that she is releasing Doin' Time, but she needs to be focusing on NFR and give the fans some kind of update, not spewing out these little side projects.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven