Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Tbh I’d be okay with this not being on the album. the song isn’t bad but that snippet was kinda super ugly

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

this era... just keeps getting fucking halted by everything. im excited for this song but upset that its really gonna give her a bigger reason to hold back the album now bc yk, WE GOT ANOTHER SONG! WE CAN WAIT 5 MONTHS AGAIN!

oh god i can just see the comments when everyone realizes its for a doc... shes just asking for backlash at this point. how can you release a song in the middle of an era and not have it even BE related to the era. yall.

Did some digging -

Was looking around and found concrete evidence that the Sublime cover is featured in (and done for) the new Sublime documentary that premiered at Tribeca Film Festival a couple of days ago. The song is featured at the end of the film during the credits.

image0.png

image0.png

It seems to have only been done for the documentary and will not be featured on NFR.

ARTICLE: https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/tribeca-film-festival-2019-sublime-documentary-review.html

Where does it say the song is the end credits song?

I just see them saying Lana is an example of Sublime’s influence on pop music

Edit: the comment. Oh. Well it’s over

on the plus the cover means we don't have to deal with some of her mediocre lyrics that have been repeated 4000 times, i think wild on you is gorgeous..... if you listen to it with amnesia 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

The fact that she took the time to create an IG promo video for a song thats probably not even part of an official release... and the fact that it looks better than half of the official promo she HAS put out for her album.... AND the fact that she took the time to record this cover while she should’ve been releasing the album... yup we really just got played for booboo the fool

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

The fact that she took the time to create an IG promo video for a song thats probably not even part of an official release... and the fact that it looks better than half of the official promo she HAS put out for her album.... AND the fact that she took the time to record this cover while she should’ve been releasing the album... yup we really just got played for booboo the fool

or, it's old as shit, as i originally thought

when is the last time her hair looked like that?

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

So here we go back down the fucking drain. Why can we never win? She literally promotes a doc song that’s not even gonna be on NFR rather than NFR material I-

giphy.gif

Can you stop complaining? This is not the fault of Lana or her managers. She made a song that is part of the Soundtrack of a documentary that already had a premiere date. She obviously had to talk about it. It's not like the release of this song puts pressure on her to release songs that are part of 'Norman Fucking Rockwell'.

By the way, the song sounds very good.