Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This was from the 4chan report, that NFR had one big collab with someone big but who is now almost considered an hermit.

There was something about the person in question being a very reclusive rock legend—to me, that sounds like Brian Wilson, founder of and mastermind behind The Beach Boys. He’s got to be in his late 70s now. At one point a few years back, LDR was supposed to appear on his last album, but her participation fell through. He’s been a huge influence on surf music of all varieties.

Another rock legend option from a later era with close ties to LDR is Axl Rose. Rose is also ‘reclusive.’ We know LDR loves him and wrote ‘Bel Air’ for him.

There was something about the person in question being a very reclusive rock legend—to me, that sounds like Brian Wilson, founder of and mastermind behind The Beach Boys. He’s got to be in his late 70s now. At one point a few years back, LDR was supposed to appear on his last album, but her participation fell through. He’s been a huge influence on surf music of all varieties.

Another rock legend option from a later era with close ties to LDR is Axl Rose. Rose is also ‘reclusive.’ We know LDR loves him and wrote ‘Bel Air’ for him.

wait really?????

negAbhB.png

Like another user mentioned, Jeff Buckley covered Leonard Cohen's song 'Hallelujah' and it ended up being more famous than the original (ugh, Jeff's power <3), and it was used to boost his upcoming album (Grace, 1994). Covers aren't bad, ya'll. I know we were expecting an original song but let's be optimistic here. It definitely has commerical appeal, which will draw attention to NFR not just from locals, but Sublime fans too. This could be a very good thing for Lana.

Don't forget that "You've Got the Love" by Florence is a cover, too ... she really took off after she released that.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Again you all assume the 3 songs shes released will make the album, at this stage we really dont know so we cant complain about cohesive issues. Venice Bitch is 1 year old......

I agree. We have no idea what the new album is going to contain. The three tracks released may or may not be on the album—I hope they are not. It doesn’t make much sense for them to be on a ‘new’ album almost a year after initial release in two cases.

I also agree the new song sounds like a bop and a banger, and doesn’t seem to fit in with what we’ve heard so far, but it does fit in with her ‘surf rock’ comments from last year. Maybe it will feel ill-fitting the way ‘Summer Bummer’ did on LFL.

Compared to her other songs from this era, this is baffling. Sounds boppy and fun. I'm just not sure sonically where it fits or what this album is supposed to sound like, since we definitely didn't get the rock inspired guitars with Hope, and this cover doesn't have the piano of HTD or Happiness. Obviously the album is going to be more varied than that but this is upbeat and bright, not the 'sad girl shit' she described and she also promised no bops. . .

Yeah ... it's confusing. No shade, the snippet sounds great, but something odd is going on. It doesn't fit with NFR. I also have an inkling that it's a collab and that she's not singing the entire thing herself.

There are possible, actually.

I must say that the 4chan report is the most plausible of all the rumours we got so far (the worst are probably the « my hard drive crashed to the floor and Jack and I had to go to the Apple Store », followed by the Czech group that got NFR from her but didn’t remember to include HIaB on their fake tracklisting; the Rockwell estate lawsuit did make me worry though)

"Named after Nowell's grandfather Louie Nowell, Nowell's King Louie, or "Lou Dog" as he was called, was Nowell's pet Dalmatian who became something of a mascot for the band Sublime. Lou Dog was often allowed to wander the stage during live Sublime concert performances."

Ohoooo I see what she did there with that pic of herself with Spooky.

Can we have Spooky wandering the stage during the NFR tour, please and thank you.

I didn’t realize Sublime fans were your typical sexist, living in mother’s basement type

i didnt even wanna look at the comments on their post bc i expected that typa shit to crawl from the gutters.

Don't get me wrong but we might get Doin' Time before next week because I saw a person say that the song is usually out a week or two before radio impact 

Yeah she's likely to drop it before the 20th ... likely 3 - 4 days before, possibly sooner.

am i hearing things or can anyone else hear faint drums/beat in this snippet?

Why do all her IG snippets sound like they were recorded in a bathroom

Yeah she's likely to drop it before the 20th ... likely 3 - 4 days before, possibly sooner.

If its coming next week, we’ll get a release date sometime this week!!

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

am i hearing things or can anyone else hear faint drums/beat in this snippet?

Well the song is supposed to have drums so

Why do all her IG snippets sound like they were recorded in a bathroom

That snippet is edited by a fan

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif