Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

the pretentious uv stans strike again, you guys seem to have an issue with accepting different opinions regarding the 'superiority' of uv, is there anything we can do about that? 

NFR will receive the acclaim and recognition that Ultraviolence stans can only dream of in their wildest dreams.

tenor.gif

girl not VALERIE talking bout "discrediting" lana when all she does is talk shit about her

I disapprove of Lana's hypocrisy. Not her artistic integrity/freedom, which is for some reason being questioned and she is now being portrayed by a label puppet by her own fans. :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

But she has said that about radio mixes before, such as WC. She was not satisfied with it. There is no reason for her to suddenly remain tight lipped regarding label affairs now. You guys love to discredit her at any chance u get

She said that about the earlier version of West Coast, not the version SHE WAS ACTUALLY PUTTING OUT AND TRYING TO SELL. She said they changed it and added the synths and slowed the chorus and she said she liked it. Cause even if *HIPOTHECALLY* Interscope made her change the drums agains her will to the version we heard on the MV, I don't think she would go on radio and say I DONT LIKE IT. Cause that's not how an artist sells something.

Actually I love both versions, idc what happened lol

NFR will receive the acclaim and recognition that Ultraviolence stans can only dream of in their wildest dreams.

tenor.gif

yeah because critics in 2014 were biased as fuck and sexist and then decided to switch it up when she smiled on lust for life

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

She said that about the earlier version of West Coast, not the version SHE WAS ACTUALLY PUTTING OUT AND TRYING TO SELL. She said they changed it and added the synths and slowed the chorus and she said she liked it. Cause even if *HIPOTHECALLY* Interscope made her change the drums agains her will to the version we heard on the MV, I don't think she would go on radio and say I DONT LIKE IT. Cause that's not how an artist sells something.

Actually I love both versions, idc what happened lol

If Lana truly cared about sales she would not make (terrific) albums like Honeymoon.

dumb question but are we allowed to discuss the l*aked version of the album here or should we Not

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

dumb question but are we allowed to discuss the l*aked version of the album here or should we Not

babe thats all we've been doing today (well, except valerie on her random tangents)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I disapprove of Lana's hypocrisy. Not her artistic integrity/freedom, which is for some reason being questioned and she is now being portrayed by a label puppet by her own fans. :rip:

And you said "label puppet" 50 times now. That term is cringy and embarrassing for your soul.

01. Venice Bitch (this song is always going to be untouchable to me, it’s such a wild ride emotionally)

02. The Greatest

03. California

Honorable Mention :

04. The new version of Fuck It, I Love You!!!

Anyone else hearing the mic quality difference in Cinnamon Girl? The first part sounds pretty bad in terms of microphone quality, till "you tried to push me out". It's VERY clear

tenor.gif

You do realize that critics are literally just starting to soften up to Lana, right? Like up until LFL most of them held some stupid grudge against her based on all the bullshit that happened and was said in 2011/12. Which clearly tainted their judgement of all her music. West Coast is a revoluationary song (mark my fucking words) but it didn't really create the waves it should've. Song of the year in 2014.

I venture to say that if Ultraviolence came out this year it would probably have a rate near 90% on Metacritic.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Critics like Richard Goldstein hated Sgt. Peppers, among other Beatles projects. They simply do not matter. Period. 

yeah because critics in 2014 were biased as fuck and sexist and then decided to switch it up when she smiled on lust for life

Ultraviolence got a nice reception. Just about what it deserves. But I love how y'all setting up excuses already. 

tenor.gif

And you said "label puppet" 50 times now. That term is cringy and embarrassing for your soul.

Say this after u learn how to spell hypothetically instead of getting it wrong three times in a row now. 

Ultraviolence got a nice reception. Just about what it deserves. But I love how y'all setting up excuses already. 

tenor.gif

Take that Schoolboy Q avatar down before u come for superior albums. tenor.gif