Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Wait what’s this about a single version of FIILY. Are there two mixes?

The physical edition that leaked either has a region-specific mix (as it also has Hope extended) or it may be a pressing error. Or, Lana decided to change the track after physical copies were made, but it seems like the single version is on digital versions of the album. 

The physical edition that leaked either has a region-specific mix (as it also has Hope extended) or it may be a pressing error. Or, Lana decided to change the track after physical copies were made, but it seems like the single version is on digital versions of the album.

Ahhh, I see. So is the version without the drums on the digital release or the physical release? The l**k I’m listening to is in m4a

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

70s IN SPIRIT : A PLAYLIST

70s IN SPIRIT

1. The Next Best American Record

2. California

3. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

4. The Greatest

5. Tomorrow Never Came

6. American

7. Cinnamon Girl

8. White Mustang

9. Love Song

10. Happiness Is A Butterfly

But thankfully, whether they part ways or not, history stands to attest the fact that Lana said she chose to have those drums in FIILY. The correct decision, the right decision. 

And the decision to keep them away from the album is obviously the most correct decision of all of them  :flutter:

Ahhh, I see. So is the version without the drums on the digital release or the physical release? The l**k I’m listening to is in m4a

The physical release (or at least the release in one region).

i still think her team just fucked up and put the wrong FIILY on the album, (or it’s just an exclusive physical copy version but that’s just weird, like, why?)

But that's so weird, would nobody (Lana....) hear this, even for a couple of seconds, and notice? Whatever this is, it was fully intended

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

And the decision to keep them away from the album is obviously the most correct decision of all of them  :flutter:

But thankfully, the version she chose to add drums to and showcase in a gorgeous new video is the most correct AND right decision of them all.  :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

i still think her team just fucked up and put the wrong FIILY on the album, (or it’s just an exclusive physical copy version but that’s just weird, like, why?)

Maybe the one with NFR on the cover has this new version and the one with Norman Fucking Rockwell! has the old version, idk

But that's so weird, would nobody (Lana....) hear this, even for a couple of seconds, and notice? Whatever this is, it was fully intended

Not necessarily - pressing errors are not uncommon. I do think it's more likely that it's region-specific or a late change, though. 

Regardless, I'm just happy the single version will most likely be on digital versions. I hope critics get that version as well.

70s IN SPIRIT : A PLAYLIST

70s IN SPIRIT

1. The Next Best American Record

2. California

3. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

4. The Greatest

5. Tomorrow Never Came

6. American

7. Cinnamon Girl

8. White Mustang

9. Love Song

10. Happiness Is A Butterfly

Love this!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The FIILY version in the music video was probably made later when they decided it would be a single, cause she wanted to add "surf vibes"

She said it was the last track finished, so it probably just wasn't done when pressing started. 

If it were edited just for the single - it wouldn't also be the album version on streaming services.

Or maybe it was actually Interscope who wanted more upbeat drums for a single and they changed it but that's not something you'd say in an interview when you're trying to sell a song

They were like "LOOK, WE LET YOU CALL THE RECORD NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL, WE LET YOU RELEASE A 9 MINUTE SINGLE CALLED VENICE BITCH AND ANOTHER ONE CALLED FUCK IT I LOVE YOU, WE LET YOU USE A CRAPPY SELFIE FOR A BORING SONG AND RELEASE IT AS A SINGLE..... BUT WE NEED UPBEAT DRUMS FOR AT LEAST ONE SONG"

Or maybe it was actually Interscope who wanted more upbeat drums for a single and they changed it but that's not something you'd say in an interview when you're trying to sell a song

But Lana said she was not satisfied with the direction of the WC radio edit, so no, theory debunked. It was Lana's idea, just as she stated herself.  :flutter: Why are people always trying to discredit her mind? Some fans.   :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you

giphy.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

*puts Valerie on MUTE* 

ahhhhhh, suddenly everything on this forum has become bearable. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The album version of FIILY is good but not better than the single version. :tea:

I love how dreamy and soft it is but that drum made it sound like a demo. :tea:

Also, it's kinda random the fact that there's two versions of the song lol, she should've done the same with HTD

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: