Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Are ya'll really trashing the VB cover? It's one of the prettiest photos i've seen. Just because lana isn't on the cover doesn't make it bad, i have to laugh

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  it looks like a picture my mom would take with her Samsung Note back in 2011

sgopYhV.gif

yeah something about HtDs melody distinctly reminds me of Because of You, even Sylvia almost gave me a migraine cause i kept trying to shove BoY into the melody it sounds so similar

I think it might be the pacing, the snare drums, and the synths, the sound and even progression of it, like solid note notes, transcending up like it does at the BoY chorus. The sub-jazzy vibes too

and crazy enough, I actually think that Sylvia sounds more like a somber version of that Cherry Blossom snippet we got waaay back before. 

UV/Honeymoon

:toofunny:  :toofunny:  it looks like a picture my mom would take with her Samsung Note back in 2011

exactly

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Yes! Also its vibe reminds me of TV in Black & White aka my all time favourite unreleased song.

Also someone on IG compared its bridge to Us Against The World.

Shit I’m so excited for this album I want her to release it in December  :defeated:

Deffo that perilous bond/jazz sound is there. TV in BW is amazing, it's so lulling, I'd always think it was some sort of LiB pre-variation and would listen to this slowed version of it on yt (it's been taken down)

I just want another single LOL, but I get u

UV/Honeymoon

I am really excited for the title track, I'm getting either major production vibes OR something soft acoustic but a career highlight nonetheless

As long as the lyrics are not "Norman Fucking Rockwell" x25 I will be happy

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

What if she never mentions Norman Rockwell in the title track, just how she never mentions a "cruel world" in UV's opening track?

Would be weird to randomly refer him without any context. The connection between Lana's lament in the lyrics and the song title are pretty obvious in Cruel World.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

What if she never mentions Norman Rockwell in the title track, just how she never mentions a "cruel world" in UV's opening track?

"you were so obsessed with writing the next Best American Record

but there was nothing left by the time we got to bed baby ain't that a shame...

you did it all for fame- baby hows life treatin' you now?

it's over"

:creep:

Well she already did in Venice Bitch

What? She literally repeats Venice Bitch throughout the whole song.

Lolito get your facts straight

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Not to sound like a bitch or anything, but I'd rather have something fresh. No leftovers from past eras etc. I think every album deserves that at least. Maybe she can release older songs as standalone songs, but I'd want NfR to be something that we've really never already heard before.

I mean there are deluxe versions, but yeah hope the main record is all new

UV/Honeymoon

Are ya'll really trashing the VB cover? It's one of the prettiest photos i've seen. Just because lana isn't on the cover doesn't make it bad, i have to laugh

It looks like it was chosen randomly from a camera roll like a recent meme you send to a friend who's not responding and she sent it just like that to her TAP group chat standing in traffic

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif