Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

VB is way overrated imo the lyrics aren't that great and those are her strong suit for me especially after she has said she is a writer first, i think MAC is way better and it might be one of her best songs

:awkney:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I mean the lyrics in Venice bitch aren't the most in-depth and poetic as some of her other works but overrated? No.

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“‚π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“π“Žπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώπ‘œπ’Άπ“ƒ π‘œπ’» 𝒢𝓇𝒸

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡ π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π’Άπ“ƒ π’·π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π‘œπ“‡ 𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 π“‚π“Ž π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“π’Άπ“ƒπ’Ή π’·π’Άπ’·π“Ž

Roses Bloom for You

Mariners Apartment Complex

Cinnamon

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Bartender

Best American Record

Sylvia Plath

Happiness Is a Butterfly

How to Disappear

Venice Bitch

Yosemite

Β 

I’m okay with this

Release iT

Count on about 6 of those maybe seeing the light of day

200w.gif

When it comes to the three songs we've heard Venice Bitch is the weakest lyric-wise indeed, but I think the atmosphere Lana and Jack were able to create around the song, with the way Lana sings it and the structure of the lyrics matched with Jack's production it's what makes the song so amazing. But yeah, MAC and HTD have way better lyricsΒ  :makeup:

into your eyesΒ tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gifΒ my face remains

Roses Bloom for You

Mariners Apartment Complex

Cinnamon

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Bartender

Best American Record

Sylvia Plath

Happiness Is a Butterfly

How to Disappear

Venice Bitch

Yosemite

Β 

I’m okay with this

Release iT

Β 

can y'all stop with these? they're dead

If we're going by the 11 tracks that aren't even confirmed:

1.Β 
2. Happiness is a Butterfly
3.Β 
4. Venice Bitch
5. Mariner's Apartment Complex
6. Cinnamon
7. Sylvia (Plath)
9.Β 
10. How To Disappear

Leaving room for everything else. Not to join in on the Yosemite bandwagon, bc let's all think for ourselves, but I'd really hope that Yosemite can make an appearance in all of this. It seems to be fitting the happier atmosphere that we've heard so far, less HtD, and it fits that north CA beach vibe. Holding out hope but it's real thin

UV/Honeymoon

Β 

Bartender actually has a chance unlike the other three which people need to give up.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

I'd like to believe Lana really meant it when she said she would release Yosemite, perhaps as a standalone. But we all know how Lana is with keeping her promises.

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“‚π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“π“Žπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώπ‘œπ’Άπ“ƒ π‘œπ’» 𝒢𝓇𝒸

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡ π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π’Άπ“ƒ π’·π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π‘œπ“‡ 𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀

When it comes to the three songs we've heard Venice Bitch is the weakest lyric-wise indeed, but I think the atmosphere Lana and Jack were able to create around the song, with the way Lana sings it and the structure of the lyrics matched with Jack's production it's what makes the song so amazing. But yeah, MAC and HTD have way better lyricsΒ  :makeup:

Deffo, VB's beautifully nuanced, I dislike the single covers, but can't deny that they go along w/ the sound of the tracks.

UV/Honeymoon

Β 

until lana releases her unreleaseds album with all of these gems

reality: serial killer, hollywood, paradise, you can be the boss

:poordat:

Β 

Honestly I like the concept of an unreleased album.

Β 

But let's be real, it's going to include the most well known songs she can pick, like Serial Killer, Hundred Dollar Bill, You Can Be The Boss, Kinda Outta Luck.... ETC.

Β 

And considering how much unreleased shit she has, she won't be able to release nearly 200-250 songs and please everyone. I would want her to include Playing Dangerous, Behind Closed Doors and Boarding School but THAT'S unlikely.

Honestly I like the concept of an unreleased album.

Β 

But let's be real, it's going to include the most well known songs she can pick, like Serial Killer, Hundred Dollar Bill, You Can Be The Boss, Kinda Outta Luck.... ETC.

Β 

And considering how much unreleased shit she has, she won't be able to release nearly 200-250 songs and please everyone. I would want her to include Playing Dangerous, Behind Closed Doors and Boarding School but THAT'S unlikely.

Β 

If she included Prom Song, Fine China and Yes To Heaven I'd be 100% happy already... She's Not Me and Live Or Die are personal faves but they're very unlikely to be included. And also Yosemite and Roses Bloom For You, they're a must haveΒ  :defeated:

"I'm a fan of the pro-ana nation"

Yeah I don't think Lana is too proud of Boarding School....Β Β  :ohsnap:

I figured it out. How To Disappear sounds or at least reminds me so much of Chelsea Hotel No. 2. My head can rest

I agree! Her vocal style is (at least during the performance) very similar in both songs.

I agree! Her vocal style is (at least during the performance) very similar in both songs.

Yes!! solemn, and a bit fragile, the song's beautiful. Every time I hear her sing "how to disappear" it just reminds me of "you got away, didn't you babe" from The Chelsea Hotel No. 2 I was getting confused looking for the song and there it was.Β 

Β 

UV/Honeymoon

What do you mean bro I would literally kill for an official non-bootleg album with these songs lmao. Take my money and my dignity

ZKcaooE.png

Well if she does release an unreleased collection it's likely she'll add On Our Way which would be so sweet.