Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Guys I'm getting my iTunes and iCloud Music Library fixed so I can take all my Lana tracks with me everywhere lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Guys, pay attention. She said: "I can't tell you the name of the upcoming album that Jack and I MADE". Does that mean it's finished or at least almost finished?

About HTD instrumental we heard during livestream, it could be just trying out new stuff and possibly change it into the thing we heard?

I hope it’s finished so now she can focus all her energy on creating a wonderful aesthetic for the album with a perfect cover, a music video (i meant HD) and new merch

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

I have a feeling that I will replay every track on the album once before moving on to the next one because everything we’ve heard so far sound fantastic, but that would probably ruin the flow so I better not...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Can y'all start with ranking once you hear whole songs? I mean, it's dull ranking them based on, 5s snippets. :(

At least rank 3 songs we've heard, that would make sense.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I really appreciate how she's been working on her lyric writing. It shows that she's been writing a lot lately, I think her poetry book and coming with ideas for a musical helped her to evolve/go back to her roots a lot. Because the lyrical content in these songs are a big part of why I'm so excited for the album, it was as if Lust For Life was her small dip and now she's coming back up again.

I think it's quite the contrary, actually. LFL was probably the easiest and most fun project for her to do. With her saying that it was "for the fans" and that it was more "socially aware" in terms of politics she could move away from her persona for a bit. (a different focus than her past albums)

But yeah, it was probably a small dip for her in the sense that it's not as well thought out and deep as her other albums? So more in some sort of artistic way? Idk how to explain it, but I hope you know what I mean lol

I don't think it is. Too random of a release and wayyyy too far out.

Def promo single, but i don't think the lead. But could be wrong.

With this era, it’s hard to say what the lead single will be, and with Lana in general: she is a record-artist that does very well on streaming platforms and has not very much radio playing Value.

When it comes to the three songs we've heard Venice Bitch is the weakest lyric-wise indeed, but I think the atmosphere Lana and Jack were able to create around the song, with the way Lana sings it and the structure of the lyrics matched with Jack's production it's what makes the song so amazing. But yeah, MAC and HTD have way better lyrics :makeup:

I disagree. The lyrics are meant to be simple: she paints a idealized relationship. It’s like watching a painting in a museum about a beautiful landscape that calms you down but is far from reality. Cherry, with all of its naive elements (cherries, wine, peaches and rosemary) is similar: this is an ideal she wishes she had.

All of the songs of this era are superb. Really love the melancholy of HTD.

But yeah, it was probably a small dip for her in the sense that it's not as well thought out and deep as her other albums? So more in some sort of artistic way? Idk how to explain it, but I hope you know what I mean lol

I get you, but the last part you wrote is what I mean, hehe. :P Some songs on the album had better lyrics than others, but I’m liking the lines for the new NFR songs a lot more.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I get you, but the last part you wrote is what I mean, hehe. :P Some songs on the album had better lyrics than others, but I’m liking the lines for the new NFR songs a lot more.

Oh, then I guess we're on the same page lol! 

I feel like the songs near the end of LFL (Heroin, Change, and Get Free) start to shift the focus back to her persona. It makes the transition from LFL to NFR seem smoother; and in this sense, LFL as a whole wouldn't be too weird in her discography, I guess! 

VB is way overrated imo the lyrics aren't that great and those are her strong suit for me especially after she has said she is a writer first, i think MAC is way better and it might be one of her best songs

its just her mumbling cliche lana lyrics in her mid range with a little acoustic guitar and then a acid rock solo it's very overhyped and isn't that experimental, bit basic in my opinion tbh.

From what we've heard so far, it sounds like these songs go well with the last few songs on LFL. The songs from TNC onward mesh well with the released songs.

its just her mumbling cliche lana lyrics in her mid range with a little acoustic guitar and then a acid rock solo it's very overhyped and isn't that experimental, bit basic in my opinion tbh.

Yeah I don't understand how people can say it's her best. It's good and I enjoy it, but it's definitely not her best, and I like MAC a lot more.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over