Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

We've minded our own damn business and praised Venice Bitch as the career highlight it is, all we do is vouch for our fallen songs that are actually GOOD

that FAT needs to go bitch at the trap lana fans that dissed VB and not the ones who're in the same boat

y'all bitch n whine ab Life is Beautiful like that isn't a SIX year old song owned by an entire corporation; this is a song from not even a year ago that she's wanted to release

even then people act like Best American Record is outdated when the slower guitar-ran production fits NFRs vibes easily. Not even gonna mention the fact that BAR is literally the same exact thing in terms of lyrical content compared to how she described NFR...like to the fucking tee

THANK YOU!

giphy.gif

This is gonna seem totally random but I've been reading the past few pages about the other releases, and I mean they're already there, so hey that's great. But, I do understand the weight of the tracks being released officially, getting it out to the public, being able to have an official collection that you could play, maybe even on vinyl. 

I mean instead of like thinking about which we want ot whatever. How would Lana be able to release her unreleased tracks w/ style? As in, an artistic decision, w/o making it seem like a cash cow or something? I mean there's the poetry book, maybe she can release it around that, separately of course, but then NFR is coming out.

A career anniversary maybe? Something cute, so like a minor holiday, like Valentine's day? How would u bridge the unreleased track album to where Lana's at, career-wise?

A Valentine's themed EP with one or two older tracks (Imagine On Our Way + Her cover of 'Where the Boys Are' :defeated:) would be a cute idea, but I think it's still too early to release a bunch of (unrelated) unreleased tracks mashed together without seeming like a cash cow. I feel like there would need to be a deeper context to the tracks instead of releasing them for the sake of being released. For example, maybe a 10th anniversary edition of BTD with a limited print lyric book that features demos, outtakes, voice memos/ideas and her commentary? Lots of older acts do this so I'm hoping she'll follow suit.

A Valentine's themed EP with one or two older tracks (Imagine On Our Way + Her cover of 'Where the Boys Are' :defeated:) would be a cute idea, but I think it's still too early to release a bunch of (unrelated) unreleased tracks mashed together without seeming like a cash cow. I feel like there would need to be a deeper context to the tracks instead of releasing them for the sake of being released. For example, maybe a 10th anniversary edition of BTD with a limited print lyric book that features demos, outtakes, voice memos/ideas and her commentary? Lots of older acts do this so I'm hoping she'll follow suit.

I love the idea of anniversary additions of her albums. I love your concept.

Omg the thought of BTD being 10 years old  :defeated: I wonder if she'll ever acknowledge AKA on her 10th birthday? unlikely tho.

Omg the thought of BTD being 10 years old  :defeated: I wonder if she'll ever acknowledge AKA on her 10th birthday? unlikely tho.

I fantasize about the concept/packaging of a special edition UV or AKA on the daily :defeated:

I could be totally wrong, but I feel like NFR will be her last «LDR album» for a while. 
She is supposed to work on a Broadway (an album could come out of that, but maybe not sung by her), and this is the project we know about. But maybe in between the 2, she'll like to put out an album of her unreleased stuff (she should hurry though, since there is always a clever fucker who finds its way in on her hard drive). 

The problem with a AKA re-elease is Yayo that got reworked for Paradise. To have a song with 2 different productions on 2 albums is kinda unlikely. although there are some very good ones on AKA.

I could be totally wrong, but I feel like NFR will be her last «LDR album» for a while. 

She is supposed to work on a Broadway (an album could come out of that, but maybe not sung by her), and this is the project we know about. But maybe in between the 2, she'll like to put out an album of her unreleased stuff (she should hurry though, since there is always a clever fucker who finds its way in on her hard drive). 

She's a workaholic though... the paparazzis say she only leaves the studio to buy coffee and sleep lmao but yeah usually other artists take 2 ~ 3 years to come up with a record and Lana usually releases 1 album every year so it will be weird to wait more than we're used to, but even then I don't think she'll take *that* long to release another album.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The problem with a AKA re-elease is Yayo that got reworked for Paradise. To have a song with 2 different productions on 2 albums is kinda unlikely. although there are some very good ones on AKA.

Artists releasing a new version of an old song is not exactly unheard of. It's just that usually they release the original version first and then at one point the reworked version, which wouldn't be the case here since the AKA version of Yayo is not officially available (anymore).

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

This is just not realistic. She fucking loves living in the studio and making music, she said it many times, taking care of the songs in the studio is her favorite part of being a musician. I am sure after this one comes out let's say on Feb 1 2019, we will get the followup in late 2020 or early 2021.

I need another "Americana Queen Of Coney Island Sipping Cherry Cola Heaven I'm The Queen Of Saigon" era  :defeated:  :defeated:  :hooker:  :smokes:  :hoe:  :hawt:  :yesnod:

We ALL need that, honestly.

She's a workaholic though... the paparazzis say she only leaves the studio to buy coffee and sleep lmao but yeah usually other artists take 2 ~ 3 years to come up with a record and Lana usually releases 1 album every year so it will be weird to wait more than we're used to, but even then I don't think she'll take *that* long to release another album.

Yeah, I think she will always release music regularly as it's something she seems to like doing creating new music and she has done it for like 10+ year all the time. Only time I could see her stopping is if she got married or had a kid/kids she may take some years off.

I think it's more likely she will perform live less than stop making new music, she doesnt really seem to enjoy performing so thats probably what would go first.

I had my concept for 2010-2011 unreleased, I got almost a whole packaging ready,

I imagined it as a computer aesthetics with pink as the main color.

Here is a preview:

ByAWT6l.jpg

0s14IK1.jpg

3rKe25g.jpg

Omg I remember this from when I lurked the pre-pre release  :defeated:  It's soooo cute

I had my concept for 2010-2011 unreleased, I got almost a whole packaging ready,

I imagined it as a computer aesthetics with pink as the main color.

Here is a preview:

ByAWT6l.jpg

0s14IK1.jpg

3rKe25g.jpg

I'm really not a fan of pink color, but these look amazing!

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

TBH if an unreleased collection happened I think these ones would make it.

1. Paradise

2. Us Against The World

3. You Can Be The Boss

4. Hollywood’s Dead

5. Prom Song (Gone Wrong)

6. Serial Killer

7. Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)

8. Mermaid Motel

9. Trash Magic

10. On Our Way

11. Disco

12. Fine China