Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

We badly need a general random Lana specifically discussion thread but for lack of a better place (@ mods do we have this tho? big suggestion, sorry if I'm mistaken pls feel free to move my post) - for my last graphic design intro class project we had to make biographies from someone random in the class and I got a super beautiful girl that happened completely by chance to cite me Lana both in her ten favourite artists and 10 favourite albums when I asked her (I did her biography on her musical tastes exclusively). It was BTD btw. Which is good cuz it prevents me from crushing too hard. If it had been UV... Damn she's beautiful! And the guy who did my biography, well obviously he had to include Lana at some point lol so look how he did it I think it's cute affff cuz he's like a pretty cute huge masc 4 masc bro that does not care at all about Lanz :

y3DRzJM.jpg

He asked me what my favourite quote of hers was and I CANNOT believe it's from the Ride monologue but I do adore this one. Didn't had time to think so I left it at it, he did all the rest!! He also did a spread with my Ultraviolence tattoo  :$ I was blushing so hard when he showed the spread in front of everyone cuz it's like on my heart

And the girl also said RHCP were some of her fav artists so the spread I had to do w Lana had them next to each other haha, predicting NRF era, took me a solid hour to choose one (1) single Lana pic tho I'd love without making the others feel left out tho

Bb3cdjV.jpg

All of this to say that with all these current events 2012 is still alive and breathing. No matter what she does Lana will always be remembered this way wow. Everyone stans Lana everyone knows about her

ZKcaooE.png

Just knowing this album is just months away....

The thought makes me shiver...

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

I cant believe ya'll actually believed Lana when she said she's releasing a poetry book before 2019 i HAVE to laugh

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I cant believe ya'll actually believed Lana when she said she's releasing a poetry book before 2019 i HAVE to laugh

okay but let's not pretend like you didn't believe LFL was going to be released May 26th :hooker:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

You’re right but there’s something about the way she tells her lies that makes me believe her every single time.

okay but let's not pretend like you didn't believe LFL was going to be released May 26th :hooker:

MaleAcademicAmericantoad-max-1mb.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

A Valentine's themed EP with one or two older tracks (Imagine On Our Way + Her cover of 'Where the Boys Are' :defeated:) would be a cute idea, but I think it's still too early to release a bunch of (unrelated) unreleased tracks mashed together without seeming like a cash cow. I feel like there would need to be a deeper context to the tracks instead of releasing them for the sake of being released. For example, maybe a 10th anniversary edition of BTD with a limited print lyric book that features demos, outtakes, voice memos/ideas and her commentary? Lots of older acts do this so I'm hoping she'll follow suit.

I get what ya mean. And idk if it were ever to happen, I'd hope the tracks were cohesive still to one sound, and a similar background vibe all w ine another. And the latter actually seems like a great idea. Might've been not too long ago, but what got me excited about the Lfl era was the feeling that she might've released an unreleased b-sides album with it, as a kind of celebration to her career. Maybe got too carried away with the title of it, and well, the seemingly lack of cohesiveness of the album would've been the perfect opportunity to fill the era further w all those tracks. Two cents

UV/Honeymoon

I’m wondering if this album has a lot of outtakes. On the one hand, she's been quick to do it (considering that she started only in January, and she was on tour until April), and she seems to stick to her idea of having 11 songs (because HTD was first teased like a month ago, and she said it was the last song she did). Maybe she finds those 11 tracks super cohesive and doesn’t want to change anything.

On the other hand, 11 songs isn’t that much considering she said that everytime Jack and her found a melody it would turn into an actual song. And it doesn’t really feel like her to put all the songs that she has recorded on the album. A Deluxe edition would be very nice this time :flutter:

I think it’d be cool to do a reissue like BTD/Paradise. The ep could have pop songs produced by Jack

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I'm very intrigued to listen to Sylvia,I feel like the production will come through

I really dislike the snippet she posted, but I am hoping for the same

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

imagine an album with Ariel Pink production, he is so talented and his songs all have amazing productions, and his psychedelic-pop vibes would mesh perfectly with Lana

btw, storytime about him (if anyone is interested):

I met him at the festival Lana supposed to perform in Israel. In his concert, he threw me 2 of his t-shirts (merch) from the stage, and two days later, a few hours before the festival was over I walked with one of his shirts and then I heard someone saying to me "Hey, nice shirt!" and it was him! I was so thrilled, I told him the performance was amazing (it was perfect in my opinion lol) & took a picture with him!

KRWBYKp.jpg

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Meanwhile I'm still hooked on these Cinnamon snippets. She needs to drop this soon cause I'll lose my mind if I don't hear it at least in a month

is HTD done being mixed? in the instagram live it seemed as if jack was producing the song with the beats. my assumption is that they only had the piano demo done and now they're in the process of mixing the final version for the album. unless what he was doing on the live was just for fun and the song really is a piano ballad...

VB isn't a ballad in its final state and yet they chose only a piano arrangement for the live. My guess is that it'll be Heroin level lowkey pretty. Kinda minimalistic kinda makes your heart melt

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Meanwhile I'm still hooked on these Cinnamon snippets. She needs to drop this soon cause I'll lose my mind if I don't hear it at least in a month

VB isn't a ballad in its final state and yet they chose only a piano arrangement for the live. My guess is that it'll be Heroin level lowkey pretty. Kinda minimalistic kinda makes your heart melt

As always on point! Btw. I'm ready for Cinnamon as well.  :toofunny:

giphy.gif