Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I've got a feeling that if yeah she had another promotional single, it'd most likely be How To Disappear. Cinnamon seems like a track she'd treat how Cherry was treated. Sylvia, haven't heard too much, but seems like it'd be in the later part of the album. 

How many more songs have we not heard yet? 

out of 11 tracks

Heard:

-Venice Bitch

-Happiness is a Butterfly

-Mariners Apt Complex

-Sylvia Plath

-How to Disappear

-Cinnamon

Unheard:

-Norman Fucking Rockwell

Suspected:

-MGK collab, we still don't know what project it belongs to however

This is off-topic but I've been listening to Ultraviolence a lot lately. I was a sophomore in high school when it came out and I don't think I was able to appreciate it like I should've, but I ilstened to it high the other day and it's truly a masterpiece. No shade to Honeymoon (kind of), but it never ceases to amaze me that THAT'S what followed up Ultraviolence. Nothing in between. If NFR tops UV we've got a classic on our hands.

out of 11 tracks

Heard:

-Venice Bitch

-Happiness is a Butterfly

-Mariners Apt Complex

-Sylvia Plath

-How to Disappear

-Cinnamon

Unheard:

-Norman Fucking Rockwell

Suspected:

-MGK collab, we still don't know what project it belongs to however

I actually like all the snippets we've heard. was a bit worried about Sylvia but I actually liked it based off the snippet we got from insta. HtD, don't wanna touch it, it was great, HIAB is beautifully gay, so I stan, and the others we've already heard. I wonder if she'll actually have a title track w the same name. 

I'm not gonna pain myself about the MGK collab, if we get it, then ok, still a new song. 

I wanna know more about the aesthetic of the record. I mean the whole beachy/alt industrial vibes were actually great, hope she ties it in more w the surf vibes she's been mentioning

This is off-topic but I've been listening to Ultraviolence a lot lately. I was a sophomore in high school when it came out and I don't think I was able to appreciate it like I should've, but I ilstened to it high the other day and it's truly a masterpiece. No shade to Honeymoon (kind of), but it never ceases to amaze me that THAT'S what followed up Ultraviolence. Nothing in between. If NFR tops UV we've got a classic on our hands.

I honestly see more of NFR thru the veins of BtD. Idk maybe it's the sounds of it, the effortless nostalgia of VB, and how charismatic MAC is, but yeah. 2 cents 

UV/Honeymoon

I actually like all the snippets we've heard. was a bit worried about Sylvia but I actually liked it based off the snippet we got from insta. HtD, don't wanna touch it, it was great, HIAB is beautifully gay, so I stan, and the others we've already heard. I wonder if she'll actually have a title track w the same name. 

I'm not gonna pain myself about the MGK collab, if we get it, then ok, still a new song. 

I wanna know more about the aesthetic of the record. I mean the whole beachy/alt industrial vibes were actually great, hope she ties it in more w the surf vibes she's been mentioning

yeah, with how it's been mentioned multiple times it's more rocky, electric, and surfy we've really only seen that in two tracks so far; and 1 of them only had hints of that feel. I hope there's more guitars, and that Cinnamon/Sylvia/HtD are the only more indie-pop style songs, connecting the piano and guitar driven tracks- cause I'd love for a simple guitar and acoustic instrument ballad, and many more surfy and electric songs

yeah, with how it's been mentioned multiple times it's more rocky, electric, and surfy we've really only seen that in two tracks so far; and 1 of them only had hints of that feel. I hope there's more guitars, and that Cinnamon/Sylvia/HtD are the only more indie-pop style songs, connecting the piano and guitar driven tracks- cause I'd love for a simple guitar and acoustic instrument ballad, and many more surfy and electric songs

I know yesss I've been waiting for surf Lana for a while now. Actually really glad that Jack Antonoff's been working w her, since he'd probably more than anyone atm bridge that surfy/electric sounds together, to make it sound beach, with hints of pop to give it that freshness. MAC was glorious, and kinda just commands to be listened to when you play it, and frills and playfulness aside, I'm hoping that the more serious tracks on the record reflect that kind of maturity we've heard (from MAC).

I think MAC's actually a pretty great blend of acoustics and surf. If anything it sounds a lot like soft rock that Lana's probably already listened to from music before. Venice B actually seems like the most indie sounding track we've heard from Lana, but she still makes it work with the instrumental too, psychedelic. 

I say pop bc HIAB is so pop, and it kinda makes me happy listening to more of a lighthearted song at the same time.

The piano/keys have been prevalent in most of the tracks we've heard so far. Especially as a kind of metronome for HIAB and Cinnamon, so that kinda ties to a folkish sound. But I wouldn't think Lana would work w Antonoff to not work with his strengths, to then having a track sound in contrast like Change. Maybe some percussion would probably counterbalance it, but I'm guessing this records gonna have some killer production so we'll have to see. 

Yes to surf, electric, soft rock. I'd actually be surprised if we didn't any more than that. Everything's been blending together well so far, so I'd probably collectively say this records shaping up to be a great one.

I kinda hope we don't get any track sound outliers, bc that wouldn't bode well towards cohesion, two cents. 

UV/Honeymoon

I know yesss I've been waiting for surf Lana for a while now. Actually really glad that Jack Antonoff's been working w her, since he'd probably more than anyone atm bridge that surfy/electric sounds together, to make it sound beach, with hints of pop to give it that freshness. MAC was glorious, and kinda just commands to be listened to when you play it, and frills and playfulness aside, I'm hoping that the more serious tracks on the record reflect that kind of maturity we've heard (from MAC).

I think MAC's actually a pretty great blend of acoustics and surf. If anything it sounds a lot like soft rock that Lana's probably already listened to from music before. Venice B actually seems like the most indie sounding track we've heard from Lana, but she still makes it work with the instrumental too, psychedelic. 

I say pop bc HIAB is so pop, and it kinda makes me happy listening to more of a lighthearted song at the same time.

The piano/keys have been prevalent in most of the tracks we've heard so far. Especially as a kind of metronome for HIAB and Cinnamon, so that kinda ties to a folkish sound. But I wouldn't think Lana would work w Antonoff to not work with his strengths, to then having a track sound in contrast like Change. Maybe some percussion would probably counterbalance it, but I'm guessing this records gonna have some killer production so we'll have to see. 

Yes to surf, electric, soft rock. I'd actually be surprised if we didn't any more than that. Everything's been blending together well so far, so I'd probably collectively say this records shaping up to be a great one.

I kinda hope we don't get any track sound outliers, bc that wouldn't bode well towards cohesion, two cents. 

i just sincerely hope the MGK track isn't for NFR even though it probably is, I wouldn't mind hearing it but if we're getting 11 tracks I want quality > quantity and im lusting for a concise and powerful album

NFR gotta contend with HM and UV; and it has the potential to do so- I'm hoping Cinnamon is peak "pop" or upbeat, as it can slide in with the more nocturnal tracks (Sylvia sounds like a night ballad, sumn you'd play post-sunset n Cinnamon sounds like a pop song you'd play driving home at 10-11pm).

I do agree with the piano statement, while i admittedly have been vocal against it, HtD sounded gorgeous as a full track with piano, and the instrumental we saw in the live stream was WAY different than the Apple event; idk how I fully feel about it. I'm hoping she just stays true to this album having a laurel canyon & surf-rock vibe rather than Antonoff pop n atmospheric production

i just sincerely hope the MGK track isn't for NFR even though it probably is, I wouldn't mind hearing it but if we're getting 11 tracks I want quality > quantity and im lusting for a concise and powerful album

NFR gotta contend with HM and UV; and it has the potential to do so- I'm hoping Cinnamon is peak "pop" or upbeat, as it can slide in with the more nocturnal tracks (Sylvia sounds like a night ballad, sumn you'd play post-sunset n Cinnamon sounds like a pop song you'd play driving home at 10-11pm).

I do agree with the piano statement, while i admittedly have been vocal against it, HtD sounded gorgeous as a full track with piano, and the instrumental we saw in the live stream was WAY different than the Apple event; idk how I fully feel about it. I'm hoping she just stays true to this album having a laurel canyon & surf-rock vibe rather than Antonoff pop n atmospheric production

Cinnamon and HIAB definitely.  I'm thinking that the piano kinda brings a lot of drama and beauty to the tracks, bc it keeps them sounding original, if that organizationally makes sense, kinda like keeping the bones of the song as its spine, that sorta thing. HtD was yess so beautiful from what we've heard from the Apple event, but I'm thinking that yeah there will be some heavy production on it, just hoping that it'll still sound pretty tame, and more psychedelic than pop. Hoping what she originally thought of for the record sees the light of day, and yeah gotta agree, to much production might be a misstep, and wouldn't show much growth from BtD as she was trying to move past w Lfl.

I personally don't want him on the record, but if he's gonna add depth and layers in the story telling of the song then I wouldn't mind as much 

UV/Honeymoon

I think Lana and Cigarettes After Sex would make a great collab. Their sound are somehow similar and Greg is a great producer and lyricist, and if I'm not mistaken the band already said they'd be up for a collab. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7lHdbL--Ls

I remember when i would email Greg (they were very small at the time) about their merch and music and i told him i wanted him to collab with Lana and he said he wants to one day. but ugf yes i feel like they're underappreciated, but then i don't want them to get too much exposure because they're a nice band to keep selfishly hidden. i've always agreed that a collab with lana would be heaven.

giphy.gif

I find it hilarious how I prefer Gaga's jazz voice a million times over her natural voice and also I kinda have to admit over Lana's singing voice pls don't @ me I can assure you she's my fav person in the world but the preview of Gaga's new version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood makes me appreciate Lana's version incredibly more. What a closer. Hell wouldn't even be mad if NFR's closer was a jazz standard it would even fit the theme

ZKcaooE.png

Ya'll are really getting brave saying Venice Bitch is top 5 in her discography

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It is tho..Change can't relate

Actually change is a powerful song with great lyrics, no shade to VB cus i do like the song but it sucks lyrically

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ya'll are really getting brave saying Venice Bitch is top 5 in her discography

you're gettin real brave commentin like you have any reputable status or taste to back up your baseless drags usin the same damn video every time

we get it, you like stock manila paper duck taped to a microphone & 6 year old songs over instrumentation, substance, and vocals- ain't you done rotting for attention

2akfkg0.jpg

Actually change is a powerful song with great lyrics, no shade to VB cus i do like the song but it sucks lyrically

You dont have to say something phenomenally deep to transfer the emotion to the listener sweetie...

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

you're gettin real brave commentin like you have any reputable status or taste to back up your baseless drags usin the same damn video every time

we get it, you like stock manila paper duck taped to a microphone & 6 year old songs over instrumentation, substance, and vocals- ain't you done rotting for attention

2akfkg0.jpg

DRAG HIM

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

2akfkg0.jpg

wow this drag even hurt me......

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

I’m gonna die if she doesn’t come up with an announcement, the tracklist, album cover or uouououo whatever within this week

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun