Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

DX5VuDFVMAAfRGu.jpg

If we don't get Cinnamon or How to Disappear by or for Xmas i'm rioting

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Off topic I know but everyone will see it here so - Lana's website is doing it's pre-album clear out which means that the coke bottle clear LfL vinyl is on sale for £15:

https://store.universalmusic.com/lanadelrey/*/*/Lust-For-Life-Limited-Edition-Coke-Bottle-Clear-Double-Vinyl/5L000000000

and the standard UV vinyl is £10:

https://store.universalmusic.com/lanadelrey/*/Music/Ultraviolence-Vinyl-LP/3CAU0EHT000

(it won't link correctly but just scroll down)

:kiss3:

we love a considerate queen

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

As long as she doesn't release the tracklist one week before the release date, I'm good.

But this era will hopefully be more organized so I'll remain positive. :pray2:

This era is already less organized than LFL at the moment :(

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

This era is already less organized than LFL at the moment :(

I don’t even think the production of the album is done so there isn’t really much to plan. If anything, it makes more sense for the promo to start in January since 2018 is already coming to an end.

let's place bets on release dates

i'm thinking jan 12, feb 27, or march 8 (womens day)

anything after is too late imo

r

I haven’t checked the calendar, but these dates are plausible if they are on a Friday. Music albums are released in a Friday (except for a few exceptions, like Radiohead or Beyoncé who don’t need any kind of publicity to have bestsellers).

I think its so Lana that this poetry book ain't coming til next year (at least)

Of course Lana would see the benefit of releasing both the book and album together - but rather than bringing the album release forward she just delays the book :facepalm:

I relistened the Zane Lowe interview and she said herself that she considered releasing the poetry book as a serious project only 3 weeks prior to the interview. So it was all very new to her and she said herself that she is bad with the marketing of stuff. She also wanted to self publish it. Don’t know if it’s realistic since she is fucking Lana Del Rey. Maybe she is negotiating a contract with a major book publisher.

The thing about her poetry book that interests me most (other than whether she'll do it) is whether she's going to have it widely considered by a possible reading public (e.g., kindle pub between .99 and 9.99, where she can get 70% of the royalties), as opposed to just an expensive (physical) collectible that mainly ardent fans would pursue. Of course, both options can happen (they're not mutually exclusive). I also wonder if Chuck is going to be involved photographically.

i feel there's a strong possibility the poetry book never happens, but lana spends the next 5 years teasing the hell out of it on Instagram and making everyone think it's coming next week. 

Had the interviewer (was it Zane?) asked just one innocuous question ("how many poems have you written?"), we might have gauged the seriousness of her intent. I'd say anything over 25 poems is serious for poetry, but that's just a guess (a WAG, in fact).

I really hope the next snippet we hear is Bartender. I have been waiting since January to have a glimpse of the song Lana calls herself « weird ». And since she said she began working with Jack in January, it could be the first track they did together.