Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not really true though?

Lead single Video Games (August 2011), 2nd single Born To Die (December 2011), promo single Off To The Races (December 2011) then album Born To Die (January 2012) followed by 3rd single Blue Jeans (April 2012), 4th single Summertime Sadness (June 2012), 5th single National Anthem (July 2012) and final single Dark Paradise (March 2013).

Open Road Tour 2012

Promo single Blue Velvet (September 2012), lead single Ride (September 2012) and then the album, Paradise (November 2012).

Paradise Tour 2013

Lead single West Coast (April 2014), promo single Shades Of Cool (May 2014), 2nd single Ultraviolence (June 2014), promo single Brooklyn Baby (June 2014) and then the album Ultraviolence (June 2014) then 3rd single Black Beauty (December 2014).

Endless Summer Tour 2015

Lead single High By The Beach (August 2015), promo singles Terrence Loves You (August 2015) and Honeymoon (August 2015) then the 2nd single Music To Watch Boys To (September 2015) and then the album, Honeymoon (September 2015).

Festival Tour 2016

Lead single Love (February 2017), 2nd single Lust For Life (April 2017), promo singles Coachella (May 2017), Groupie Love (July 2017) and 3rd single Summer Bummer (July 2017) and then the album, Lust For Life (July 2017).

LA To The Moon Tour 2017

Lead single Mariners Apartment Complex and 2nd single Venice Bitch (September 2018)

Up until this record (even Lust For Life) her release strategy has been pretty mainstream and not that much different from other pop stars.

this is just releasing songs and then touring with said songs which is what i expect from a music artist but the main point i was discussing were visuals, not song releases

i was speaking more along the lines that everyone wants her to say something whether it's the cover or her poetry book or who is interviewing her, that kind of promo. she'll release it when she wants to like she's always done as far as it's concerned to me. she also always has to deal with leaks and possible trouble when it comes to her so at this point it's like waiting to see what happens first and as with LFL that kind of ruined it all so i think she's not easy to conceptualize as 'traditional'.

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

no she portrays herself as an independent woman now and that’s better

snooze

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm salty that Venice Bitch got a really crappy single cover. Let's just hope the photoshoots for this era will blow us away.

I'm dissapointed in you sis, i thought YOU of all people would appreciate the art of the single cover... :defeated:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I mean.. She can do homemade videos with her own camera but can she bring things like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE6wxDqdOV0

And not like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFv9Ts7Sdw

This is lazy and disrepctful..

MAC’s video felt rushed... VB’s is very good...

Could it be that having a 2-single release was last minute and Chuck has to rush the MAC one?

MAC’s video felt rushed... VB’s is very good...

Could it be that having a 2-single release was last minute and Chuck has to rush the MAC one?

I think she is doing everything by her own.. i mean the label must have said: we will not pay for a 9 minutes video long sorry.. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Lana has been playing it too safe these days.

I want her to take some risks and go above and beyond, not be afraid of making an intense and daring record that exceeds a black and white music video she filmed of her foreground dancers by a fence with her iPhone and "I'm feeling all my fucking feelings."

But don't get me wrong, Venice Bitch definitely exceeded expectation, I hope she keeps that same energy throughout the upcoming record. 

I always believed that MAC and Venice Beach were released very early to divert attention away from her cancellation of the Israel Festival show. There was so much pro and con in the media about it at the time. I don't believe in coincidences. On August 31 she announces cancellation of the show that she was supposed to have performed at on September 7. September 7 just happened to also be the date that she announced two new songs to be dropped, one on September 12. A fluke? I don't believe it. Remember the full page ad in the New York Times putting down Lorde when she had also cancelled a few months before?  

Its just me or someone untill wait for a Lana x Mark collab? He's so good

He's good indeed... but they did get a couple of days in the studios together, when Lana was recording HM. She said that nothing good came out of it. So it seems kinda of unlikely it will happen, sadly 

tbh i feel like most of y'all are being super unfair when in reality whatever she's gives us y'all are gonna masturbate to at some point so calm down

also let's take a moment to think.. chuck is lana's sister so it's so much easier to have that connection and use it (i would too) and if lana likes them that's all that matters because it's her discography. also if chuck just takes a pic that she likes, why not use it? who cares what it's shot on when full blown movies are shot on iphones as well. and it's totally unfair to say she isnt visual anymore just because she's not reenacting the entire jfk assassination this era when she made an amazing video for Love. she had visuals that held a theme with LFL they just weren't pleasing to everyone (and changed somewhat during the release but her tour held it together didn't it?), like it had a strong 70s flare to it but the whole promotion of it was everywhere in general so it's going to bog down the visuals imo. 

she even said her own record company is pretty loose with her and don't really put a deadline for her albums and that if she has to mix eight months she will mix for eight months so why are we riding her to put something out? she's never been traditional in promotion imo so why start now?

that being said, christmas is looking good this year ladies

if you’re satisfied with the visuals shes been giving us then youre a homophobe

tbh i feel like most of y'all are being super unfair when in reality whatever she's gives us y'all are gonna masturbate to at some point so calm down

also let's take a moment to think.. chuck is lana's sister so it's so much easier to have that connection and use it (i would too) and if lana likes them that's all that matters because it's her discography. also if chuck just takes a pic that she likes, why not use it? who cares what it's shot on when full blown movies are shot on iphones as well. and it's totally unfair to say she isnt visual anymore just because she's not reenacting the entire jfk assassination this era when she made an amazing video for Love. she had visuals that held a theme with LFL they just weren't pleasing to everyone (and changed somewhat during the release but her tour held it together didn't it?), like it had a strong 70s flare to it but the whole promotion of it was everywhere in general so it's going to bog down the visuals imo.

she even said her own record company is pretty loose with her and don't really put a deadline for her albums and that if she has to mix eight months she will mix for eight months so why are we riding her to put something out? she's never been traditional in promotion imo so why start now?

This is the best thing I’ve read all day

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I'm dissapointed in you sis, i thought YOU of all people would appreciate the art of the single cover... :defeated:

sis...it's a blurry iphone 4 crusty musty picture of some trees I-

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Not you dragging the entire NFR Pre Release thread

QHwjPwT.gif

but is indeed true, ungrateful gheys! 

???, ?????????