Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I honestly don't think this is gonna be a "stripped back" era at all. Venice Bitch and MAC were like teaser singles, and the videos weren't even really music videos, just visuals to go along with the songs. The production of Cinnamon and HtD (from what we've heard from that one livestream) isn't stripped back at all. I hope we get an extra ass album cover/music vids where she's just decked out in Gucci tbh.

Something tells me you're gonna be real disappointed ahaha.

Lust For Life was her last big pop star era and I mean it was great, but nothing spectacular. The videos had a budget but were no Born To Die visuals and I don't even need to say anything about the album cover.

I honestly don't think this is gonna be a "stripped back" era at all. Venice Bitch and MAC were like teaser singles, and the videos weren't even really music videos, just visuals to go along with the songs. The production of Cinnamon and HtD (from what we've heard from that one livestream) isn't stripped back at all. I hope we get an extra ass album cover/music vids where she's just decked out in Gucci tbh.

don't set yourself up for disappointment

giphy.gif

I wouldn't mind a stripped back era, but I just don't think NFR is gonna be that era. I'm delusional tho so idk

Like, I'm not expecting BTD type visuals, but I'm also not expecting only homemade videos shot on an iphone.

qfrWuBl.png

I wouldn't mind a stripped back era, but I just don't think NFR is gonna be that era. I'm delusional tho so idk

Like, I'm not expecting BTD type visuals, but I'm also not expecting only homemade videos shot on an iphone.

I predict homemade videos shot on an Iphone and an underwhelming album cover.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I love how we don’t expect any high budget music videos for NFR era at this point lol

why should we

I'm also not expecting only homemade videos shot on an iphone.

don't set yourself up for disappointment

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I see what ur saying. U don't work w J Antonoff and not expect other people to not pay attention. I mean yes she's Lana del Rey, but working with someone who's mainstream? That's like magic for ur face, in front of your face. 

Venice Bitch is pretty tame, but I can see it's mainstream appeal, all the while, still staying true to Lana's being. MAC was beautiful. heavenly imo, and I can't wait to hear how forward the rest of the album's gonna b 

Was HtD on the livestream when she and Jack were in the studio watching baseball? I loved the acoustic version of HtD, but after listening to the snyths, I'm expecting some kind of beautiful like Because of You for it 

ANNNNNND

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if she comes up with videos similar to Video Games and MTWBT, but have a stellar album cover, and overall cohesive aesthetic for the era overall, I wouldn't mind at all. Even if the videos weren't as strong as her videos from before, it did supplement the music, and I think that's what she's been trying to do ever since Ultraviolence? Idk, I just hope the vinyl's pink and the cover is undeniably and sharply beautiful

UV/Honeymoon

I predict homemade videos shot on an Iphone and an underwhelming album cover.

giphy.gif

But I do like most of her home made videos more then the big budget ones. The "professional" music videos she did for her last two albums were underwhelming. Shades of Cool was her last beautiful pro video for me although I did like a little the Music To Watch Boys To video especially the girls underwater. . 

Girl I need the anti-aging cream that venice bitch uses for when I'm forty,  because this bitch never seems to age

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

i know for a fact lana did some witch bitch witch buffoonery bitch shit to make venice bitch so good

who's firstborn did she steal

who's heart did she masticate

what cauldron did the whore pop lock and drop in a stew

i need to dknow