Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm kinda nervous. I respect her craft and welcome any decision she makes (even if she had emojis as titles) - and I'm sure there's a thematic reason for it, since she's proven over and over again to me great at it. I'm just worried the critics can easily just laugh her off.

Then again - if they all remain as palpable as Venice Bitch was, it's possible they could easily welcome her into that club of being allowed to make such crazy decisions since they understand her style now. (I think that's possible, at this point. She's been re-evaluated across many platforms - critics and casual listeners.)

that is true but also I feel like she's wayyyyyy over critics anymore. it's good she's learned to shield herself from it and only does what she wants now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the biggest downside could be that it prevents her from getting funds to do even more stuff no? but w the fanbase she has I'm sure she'd always find a way anyway

Ready for "In Your Car, I'm a Star and I'm Burning Through You" 

wait that would actually be a sick title, or even "Burning Through You" :flutter:

watch it be "I'm A Star"

comes thru Cruel Youth

ZKcaooE.png

Happy we're getting a new song though  :flutter:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

that is true but also I feel like she's wayyyyyy over critics anymore. it's good she's learned to shield herself from it and only does what she wants now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the biggest downside could be that it prevents her from getting funds to do even more stuff no? but w the fanbase she has I'm sure she'd always find a way anyway

Yeah, she's gucci regardless of anything that happens. I just think she's becoming a critical darling now because she's been so idgaf about what anybody thinks. They eat that shit up, honestly. 

okay but guys remember the song lana sang before white mustang in some shows, like i have hope it was a cute song

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

okay but guys remember the song lana sang before white mustang in some shows, like i have hope it was a cute song

@@sweetie help her

I'm extremely excited for the critics reactions bc it's kinda make or break, either they still take her as a superficial idea of a starlet and think she's truly believing what she's saying either they get the underlying idea that it's a reflection about a pretentious artist which I'm wildly interested in and that could be what she fears to become or what she perceives she has became

This is interesting, could almost be its own forum board...

because her line in Coachella singing to FJM "critics can be so mean sometimes" ... 

I think deep down it hurts her to see the mean critics from the beginning

&  a testament to how she put a 10 minute song and title this long, she does not care...???

I felt LFL was almost a way of trying to gain the mean critics... which is contradictory to her own self - she "does not give af" .. idk im talking in circles but it is quite interesting 

(now an argument can be made that she has transformed music... her style is adored by many musicians... lot of sadder badder songs on the radio - which executives did not "get" years ago bc it was taboo) 

imagine if sylvia lengths 10 mins...

I'm sure it's less than 3 minutes. She wants to make us WAIT for how great the rest of the album is

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Whew boys and girls can we take the time to appreciate that we're barely 2 days into 2019 and Lana has already brought us fifty shades of emotions, can't wait to see what's to come (probably me once Cinammon is released tbh)

ZKcaooE.png

(now an argument can be made that she has transformed music... her style is adored by many musicians... lot of sadder badder songs on the radio - which executives did not "get" years ago bc it was taboo) 

One of my professors isn't particularly a fan of Lana's music, but we talked about her (this was for a music cognition class), and he really believes she'll be looked back on as one of the more influential female artists of this generation. He actually swore by it. 

sylvia better not be change 2.0

Don't disrespect Changesus like that

One of my professors isn't particularly a fan of Lana's music, but we talked about her (this was for a music cognition class), and he really believes she'll be looked back on as one of the more influential female artists of this generation. He actually swore by it. 

this makes me feel so fucking happy and valid and I may be blinded by my rock hard faith and blind adoration but I truly believe that as well. no matter if god forbids I ever unstan you have to be incredibly close minded to not realise the impact she has and has had, everybody of all places mention her all the time

ZKcaooE.png

lana literally created the "sad pop" concept of this generation as it exists now. she may not have been the first, but she perfected her own version of it in the early 2010s, and i can confidently say 90% of modern pop music vamps in some way off of her original concepts

tumblr_inline_p7g3g992X51rujz3w_250.gif

this makes me feel so fucking happy and valid and I may be blinded by my rock hard faith and blind adoration but I truly believe that as well. no matter if god forbids I ever unstan you have to be incredibly close minded to not realise the impact she has and has had, everybody of all places mention her all the time

Dude really knows his shit, too, and has like 60 years of studying American music on us, so I sorta trust him with that prediction.

ok but why is this snippet such a grower. I love the ending, UGH