Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

am I like the only one that's never upset at her long titles? this one is just so ridiculous I have to laugh if anything

I actually liked the long song titles in LFL! I think they make it intriguing especially if someone had never listened to her music before... except Coachella because that song- big no. But this song title is too silly lmao It’s still gonna be “Sylvia Plath” to me.

Norman Fucking Rockwell is about a pretentious artist. She's definitely playing into that idea with this.

I can totally see this. Might even be a joke just for that Insta post, too, in reference to it maybe being NFR. 

Edit: I know its not NFR. I'm just grasping for straws to make this title choice logical in some way because I'm confused af. 

girl i hope theres a good reason for the title change, like did she almost get sued by sylvia's team 

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

I can totally see this. Might even be a joke just for that Insta post, too, in reference to it maybe being NFR. 

Edit: I know its not NFR. I'm just grasping for straws to make this title choice logical in some way because I'm confused af. 

The new Godlymoon is really coming, huh  :defeated:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm extremely excited for the critics reactions bc it's kinda make or break, either they still take her as a superficial idea of a starlet and think she's truly believing what she's saying either they get the underlying idea that it's a reflection about a pretentious artist which I'm wildly interested in and that could be what she fears to become or what she perceives she has became

ZKcaooE.png

Venice Bitch? More like

On Stoop With The Neighborhood Kids (Crimson & Clover, You Write, I Tour - Let's Make It Work, Bang Bang, Kiss Kiss) ft. Yoko Ono Lennon screeching in replacement of the electric guitars 

The original titles for BtD leaked:

Feet Don't Fail Me Now Take Me to the Finish Line (Let Me Kiss You Hard In the Pouring Rain - You Like Your Girls Insane)

Cases of Bacardi Chasers Chasing Me All Over Town - Kiss Me on My Open Mouth

Blue Jeans, White Shirt - You Make My Eyes Burn, like james dean fur sure fresh to death sick as canccer

It's you it's you It's you it's you It's you it's you It's you it's you It's you it's you it's - All (For You) - Everything I do, honey

Etc. etc. 

imagine trying to tell alexa or siri to play this song but you can't remember the exact words so it keeps fucking up until you break your device out of frustration

it's silly of me but I'm having a meltdown and probably looking way too much into it but I just love how she signed w L and not Lana it makes me feel like she's less and less the persona and more and more Lizzie

ZKcaooE.png

There's definitely more than 11 songs on here

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

imagine trying to tell alexa or siri to play this song but you can't remember the exact words so it keeps fucking up until you break your device out of frustration

I have literally ZERO idea what the title is rn and I've been frantically typing ever since she posted all I remember is "sylvia plath" 

ZKcaooE.png

I'm extremely excited for the critics reactions bc it's kinda make or break, either they still take her as a superficial idea of a starlet and think she's truly believing what she's saying either they get the underlying idea that it's a reflection about a pretentious artist which I'm wildly interested in and that could be what she fears to become or what she perceives she has became

I'm kinda nervous. I respect her craft and welcome any decision she makes (even if she had emojis as titles) - and I'm sure there's a thematic reason for it, since she's proven over and over again to me great at it. I'm just worried the critics can easily just laugh her off.

Then again - if they all remain as palpable as Venice Bitch was, it's possible they could easily welcome her into that club of being allowed to make such crazy decisions since they understand her style now. (I think that's possible, at this point. She's been re-evaluated across many platforms - critics and casual listeners.)