Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

this better be at least 4:30min

I just want to reemphasize how fucking good she looks. I'm literally sitting here looking like the nuclear head emoji rn. Best she has looked in forever she looks exactly like how I love the most her to look

ZKcaooE.png

One of my professors isn't particularly a fan of Lana's music, but we talked about her (this was for a music cognition class), and he really believes she'll be looked back on as one of the more influential female artists of this generation. He actually swore by it. 

she was one of the biggest examples of breakout stardoms, spliced production in ways not heard, brought themes into pop music, had one of the biggest character assassination attempts by the media, changed her flow again while people started copying her, her lyrical themes and visionary directions r immaculate

from the 2000s Kanye, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lana, Gaga r some the biggest influential powerhouses, nobody can change my mind.

girl i hope theres a good reason for the title change, like did she almost get sued by sylvia's team 

watch her getting sued by the rockwell estate for the album title 

photo-21659.png?_r=1544070883

i76mrxw.png 

she was one of the biggest examples of breakout stardoms, spliced production in ways not heard, brought themes into pop music, had one of the biggest character assassination attempts by the media, changed her flow again while people started copying her, her lyrical themes and visionary directions r immaculate

from the 2000s Kanye, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lana, Gaga r some the biggest influential powerhouses, nobody can change my mind.

Funny you say these names, because they are the very ones he mentioned! He said Kanye was major, then Gaga, then Lana, then Beyonce/Jay-Z (The Carters). Something like that in the order. We talked about it last year, so I'm curious if he's thinking of anybody else recently, but he swears that these are the influential pop doers of the 2010s. 

NFR

first single: 10 minutes

2nd single: 2:18 minutes

Sounds like her!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Imagine if the new font introduced in the era is actually Rockwell... The GAG... The GASPS...

RockwellWM.png

And it was designed in 1934 which fits with the popularity of Norman... I mean it would be WYLD if she used it but 

ZKcaooE.png

Also was HIAB recorded with Jack? She wrote it so early, I’m not sure of the timeline. But I wonder if it was maybe reworked.

Yes, it's definitely a Jack track and likely always was. They started working together around January 2018 and she posted the first HIAB snippet a few months after that.

Can we appreciate the abbreviation for the new single,

salvatore mentioned it earlier,

It's hot, and definitely the best shortened long title, 'hiadtfawlmth-bihi'

giphy.gif

Funny you say these names, because they are the very ones he mentioned! He said Kanye was major, then Gaga, then Lana, then Beyonce/Jay-Z (The Carters). Something like that in the order. We talked about it last year, so I'm curious if he's thinking of anybody else recently, but he swears that these are the influential pop doers of the 2010s. 

Kanye i'd say is #1 without a doutb, despite his politics and morals being abstract --> fucked levels of insanity his power and strength over music has rippled for over a decade; Gaga revitalized and changed what pop music meant, and The Carters are the biggest example of how a dynasty looks like in the industry. any1 to dispute this is delusional idc, ur professor is lovely i'd luv to take such a class music history of modern age is sosoos exciting n cool

Sylvia Plath sounded so much better than the new title. On another hand, I'm so glad it's the song she's putting out

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

can't wait for happiness is a butterfly to be renamed "happiness is a butterfly, try to catch it like every night, it escapes from my hands into (mooooooooooooonlight)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e