Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

After listening to the song a couple times I came to the conclusion that this is, in fact, a happy song. In the past Lana would always sing about sadness in a conformist way, like she was used to the feeling and she had accepted the fact her sadness would never go away ie songs like Dark Paradise, Sad Girl, The Blackest Day etc. But this track, while sonically sad, has very optimistic lyrics. It's like Lana acknowledges the fact she has gone through some rough paths in life (and maybe still is) but she won't accept this sadness and won't be at peace with it. I feel a very strong feeling of her wanting to fight her sadness and overcome it with this song, or at least trying to. She won't just sit around and be sad, she's gonna grab sadness by the hair and throw it out. I love it.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I think the song is beautiful and haunting. I think it kind of makes sense that the song isn’t called Sylvia or Sylvia Plath. It would be like her calling Gods & Monsters “Jim Morrison” instead. The song is loosely connected to Sylvia Plath just as Gods & Monsters is loosely connected to Jim Morrison.

where tf are you guys listening to it 

had it from some obscure mp3 site where I had to choose between twenty "download this" buttons and had many ads and redirections  :toofunny: the dedication ! 

Isn’t it Wrapped up tight in silk

yes

i didn't read it back

September's For The Nuns

september is the worst month ever
all of my exes are born in that month
and the new guy i'm talking to is also
URGH

hundred dollar bill - religion mashup on NFR confirmed  :hdu:

what

it's the final chorus background vocals 

smh don't mention that ugly ass song next to HUNDRED DOLLAR SLAY 

yes

i didn't read it back

September's For The Nuns

september is the worst month ever

all of my exes are born in that month

and the new guy i'm talking to is also

URGH

Maybe there’s something in the air of that month that makes bottoms act like cunts. Also, oops I need to change it to January’s for the Nuns.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Maybe there’s something in the air of that month that makes bottoms act like cunts. Also, oops I need to change it to January’s for the Nuns.

you might have made several points

baby you'll never grow old in my eyes

urgh i came through when i got this bop v2 

OH MY GOD IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY INTO HER EYES YOU CAN SEE CHUCK WITH HER CAMERA HOLDING A GUN TO HER HEAD - SHE IS TRYING TO DESTROY LANA'S VISUAL CAREER AND IT SHOWS

vHC3ECu.jpg

poor lana, we need to help her escape :(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

the single cover is beautiful. im sorry that some of ya'll dont get it. not everything is about expensive camera's and perfect lighting. the cover captures the mood of the song. please leave it up to the proffesionals aka miss legendary del rey.

xo,

L

Sure, Jan!

tenor.gif?itemid=11355868