Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i've been listening to HIADT all day and i just took a break to listen to other lana songs like WC and Gods and Monsters and....... this song doesn't not compare at all

Β 

How would HIADT and Gods & Monsters in anyway compare? They are both very different songs.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i've been listening to HIADT all day and i just took a break to listen to other lana songs like WC and Gods and Monsters and....... this song doesn't not compare at all

Β 

You're right that it doesn't not compare at all. I agree, it's on their level quality-wise. Just a different type of song.

kendrick lamar, i think? yeah that was a messΒ  :lmao:

Β 

it was a collection of untitled demos lol...

Don’t @ me but

Β 

HIADT is Lana’s most well-written song

Β 

And her saddest song

Β 

We stan.

Β 

The lyrics remind me of singer/songwriters of the past. Like Mitchell and Cohen, etc. And I don't doubt the melody being beautiful based on the snippet.Β 

Β 

God, I can't wait for this.Β 

PLEASE, Lana. Album release date tomorrow PLEASE.

Β 

β€œOh the album is finished! Aha, I still haven’t set a date for it uhm but I’m looking towards the beginning of fall for it to go with the uhm colors of that season. Haha But yeah, it’s no longer 11 tracks anymore, I had actually revised the album heavily before considering it done... Uhmmm, I took off the first two leads + these cute little songs that I had teased called Cinnamon, How to Disappear, and I’m a Star because I didn’t think they fit the sad girl vibe. Uh Not sure where those will go, but it’s an acoustic piano album now!”

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I don't recall if this has been said anywhere, but can anybody verify if the piano and/or vocal melody of HIADT are similar to the opening strings of Mariners Apartment Complex?

Β 

That's one thing I noticed when she first shared the snippet of Sylvia. Like, it sounded like a slowed down version of that opening.Β 

Β 

I ask because I'm wondering if this consistency will mean the album is bookended by those two tracks - or regardless. Just proves there'll be consistences across the tracklist.Β 

I don't recall if this has been said anywhere, but can anybody verify if the piano and/or vocal melody of HIADT are similar to the opening strings of Mariners Apartment Complex?

Β 

That's one thing I noticed when she first shared the snippet of Sylvia. Like, it sounded like a slowed down version of that opening.Β 

Β 

I ask because I'm wondering if this consistency will mean the album is bookended by those two tracks - or regardless. Just proves there'll be consistences across the tracklist.Β 

Β 

They're not.

Β 

---

Β 

I'm 100% okay with the aesthetic of this era but that selfie is ugly af :rip: