Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

He might have a point but telling people to fuck off? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5404111

In my country we have a saying that goes like "Talk what you want, hear what you don't." and I think it applies beautifully on this case. I mean, I'd tell them to fuck off too.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I hate how social media gave the power to people to talk to others like this (I'm talking about summerofmoons) like.......... imagine having a complete stranger talk about how badly you do your job like they know you enough. I hate it.

I was thinking the same. I get that we are frustrated (some more than others I suppose) but you can complain in a kinder way than just saying "you suck at your job, give us something". We have no idea what's going on (but hopefully they do lol), but I think (hope) that they're doing the best they can. Otherwise Lana would probably not stick with them for so many years? I think the LFL era was handled fairly well with all these interviews, shows before the tour and then the tour afterwards - the worst thing was just "never" getting it confirmed when the release day for the album would be... but that's kind of our fault as well with Love leaking...

Anyway. Yes, I agree with you lol. :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

being fair we have several screenshots of lana messaging people 'go fuck yourself' lmao

You'd think her manager at least would know better though  :deadbanana: He should've just ignored it now it's probably going to get worse 

The real question is: why are some of you still so obsessed about charts, sales, and streams? Get a life and enjoy the music, because there is no chance in hell that Lana will care enough to please you. If you haven't realized this by now, six albums in, then I just feel sorry for you

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The real question is: why are some of you still so obsessed about charts, sales, and streams? Get a life and enjoy the music, because there is no chance in hell that Lana will care enough to please you. If you haven't realized this by now, six albums in, then I just feel sorry for you

tenor.gif?itemid=9060382

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I hate how social media gave the power to people to talk to others like this (I'm talking about summerofmoons) like.......... imagine having a complete stranger talk about how badly you do your job like they know you enough. I hate it.

omg preach. Smh. She literally has dropped 3 damn songs + sang 1 live. Being impatient little twinks who want everything down their throats instantly do not give you the right to treat Lana or her manager like you do. Where the hell were you raised 

Honestly, most of us don't... And I sure as hell don't care about Grammies, which are super specific as who the winners should be.

But whenever she gets a #1 album, she gets more creative liberty. No way we would have had HM or even a 10-minute single / fan track is she had'nt scored 2 number 1 albums before that. 

both are wrong.. Lana is lazy and they let her do whatever she wants

Yeah like...isn't that part of a manager's job? To manage the artist? Like I'm all  for Lana doing her own thing but clearly it's never smooth sailing. Both are at fault imo

She has a contract right? Not meeting information, all we know of the era is by other people, singles thrown randomly without any justification, no interview, no investment

We here have the best and the worse of her creative liberty with her label: Interscope seems to be a label that gives a lot of liberty and latitude to its artists when they are successful and when they deliver, which she has always done. Her managers seem to be giving advices not so much as giving her orders and directions, and I think this is what she was looking for, as a singer. Her managers know we follow her on social medias and that she will want to drop the release date on her own terms and all, even though I think it's a bit of a messy process with her (she said herself she is bad at marketing). 

so, on one hand, she has pretty much all the latitude to do whatever she wants musically speaking, which is great for us, but she also leads how she wants to release things, which is not perfect most of the time. 

As much as I understand this, and understand also that Lana doesn't care nor that they equate quality of any sort of music, it's very apparent that Lana's success on them is why she's capable of doing what she does today, and that it can be ripped from her at any time if those things don't hold on par. Creative freedom comes at a cost in the music industry, unfortunately. 

Damn Lana’s managers must get so annoyed be her cult following fan base. Lana fans can be the craziest when it comes to support, opinions, and bashing for not getting what they want. i wonder if lana has ever came to defend us if we were ever criticized by her team. imagine though, having millions of people that are obsessed and adore you but to the point where they can suffocate you with their support and admiration.

giphy.gif

Damn Lana’s managers must get so annoyed be her cult following fan base. Lana fans can be the craziest when it comes to support, opinions, and bashing for not getting what they want. i wonder if lana has ever came to defend us if we were ever criticized by her team. imagine though, having millions of people that are obsessed and adore you but to the point where they can suffocate you with their support and admiration.

Not to mention how viciously divisive they all are on what they want and expect from her. It is notoriously known as one of the craziest fanbases for these reasons.  

Not to mention how viciously divisive they all are on what they want and expect from her. It is notoriously known as one of the craziest fanbases for these reasons.

This fan base certainly ain’t the most patient. Me included. And you are so right when you say that many have stuck to an era of her career and have a hard time moving on.