Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Has anyone here ever asked a professor for an extension?

Evidently she's changed her mind on some of the music she would like to put forth. It's her choice, and we all know how meticulous she's famed to be while making her craft. (I personally haven't been impressed by any track except for Mariners, so I am OK with it.)

Getting worked up over our expectations will solve nothing. Whatever will be will be, no matter how hard you may wish otherwise.

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

Has anyone here ever asked a professor for an extension?

Evidently she's changed her mind on some of the music she would like to put forth. It's her choice, and we all know how meticulous she's famed to be while making her craft. (I personally haven't been impressed by any track except for Mariners, so I am OK with it.)

Getting worked up over our expectations will solve nothing. Whatever will be will be, no matter how hard you may wish otherwise.

Than she needs to TELL US THAT instead of leading us to believe it's been finished. 

why are my beloved falls roaring and weeping what did u do

It’s just completely shocking how unprofessional this is. Like I at least held out a small shimmer of hope for March 29th and that we’d soon see an album campaign happening but now I have NO hype nor excitement for this album at all, I said this before but I was still thinking about it and the date but now it can go choke. Ben and Ed can go focus on Dua (which is what they have been doing anyways.)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

lana forgetting that she wanted a career in music and this is her job and she should at the very least keep us updated without figuring out a riddle as to whether a song is a song or if it's an album or just a tune she decided to write and not put to any use because clearly she has so much free time to go to the chateau for dinner in her sweats but not enough time to check in on the album she decided to tell us about way too early and get our hopes up for a normal promotional period like most other artists tend to do because it just makes sense that if she was so excited to tell us about the existence of a new album and so excited to tell us that the title has a curse word in it i think she should be excited to share the music eventually or be excited to get us excited about instead of mad but i guess we dont matter anymore despite being her literal fanbase

giphy.gif

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

To be honest, I don’t mind waiting for the album. I’ll have Hozier’s album to play in about two weeks and he has kept me fed during fall and winter, Lana and Mino as well. I’m so grateful that we got MAC and VB. What I’m upset about is that Lana keeps posting snippets of her songs, making me believe that something is about to come soon when nothing happens. I pretty much know all the lyrics for each song by heart now. It reminds me of when she teased White Mustang so much that the whole song was basically out by the time we got the album. I have a pretty good idea How Happiness is a butterfly and Cinnamon are going to sound, and ive already heard MAC, VB, HTD and hope in full. There’s just... not much left to be excited about anymore. Yes yes, I could’ve forced myself to not play the snippets but hey, I love Lana’s music and I’m really curious so of course I listen.

All the songs sound great to me, I’m really liking what I’ve heard and don’t doubt that this album will be amazing but I’m just... Don’t hype us when we’re months away from getting the real thing, Lana. :( I get that you’re excited to share the songs and that you love them but, please, just keep them to yourself until you’re ready to release them. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think you just cracked the code... this is all happening because Azealia casted a curse on Lana that made her become a weird wacko who prefers to go on with that instagram shit rather than focus on her carrer, it all makes sense! Now we get to see Lana spiral into a mess of bad management, laziness and boringness (is this a word?) until she just fades away and Azealia can have the last laugh.

Gfze.gif

:wowcry:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

RIP Cinnamon :rip:

I still think she’s gonna announce the date that’s like 3 months out on the 28th like she did with LFL the day before it was supposedly going to be released tbh

Also wondering if she’s reworking the entire album with Daddy Nowels lmao

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I'm just glad I have things to do that keep me from thinking about NFR all the time. Like I literally wouldn't mind waiting until 2020; life goes on with or without this lady's album  :um2:

Loreen, just shut up already

I mean I knew March wasn't gonna happen but the fact that they all don't even know what season of the year it's gonna be ready is very telling of how planned out this era is. Sometimes I think Lana would be happier dying her hair back to blonde, taking up a waitressing job and going back to the trailer park.

giphy.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif