Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I think she is finally diving into the NFR era! We have been ready for months and she is too now. Lets hope we wont get another silence treatment

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

why do u contrarians pop up in this thread and say the same damn thing and act stupider than everybody know's you are :rip: 'you guys are hYpOcRiTeS for wanting information she just teased poems and teased songs in the past!!' as if that is information

tossing out 15 seconds of vocals and production with no caption is equal to nothing but spoiling1 the sonic elements of the album, randomly posting a stanza out of the blue isn't information- and with what most of her poems so far have been about, there wasn't any material to discuss because the content was rudimentary and vague; it isn't like AKA songs where we could dissect lyrics for context clues into life events we knew about from her past, these don't give much. 

what we WANT from her/ben/ed/anybody in terms of information or REAL teasers:

-Tracklist

-Album cover

-Album release date

-Interviews

-Photoshoot(s) with even Chuck or something simple with Neil, people aren't asking for La Chapelle 2.0

-Book title (official)

-Book cover

-Size of album or book

-Sonic elements of the album

-If the 3 solo songs so far are on the record

-Future plans

-Cancelled tour dates that I still don't think we've gotten notifications for yet??

-What happened to the musical she hinted at

-Soundtrack ideals

-What happened to her past songs she wanted to release (BAR/YOS)

-25 Unreleased Compilation album discourse

^^^THAT is information; it isn't complex nor hidden as to what the people want. don't be dumb dumb

1And for reference, people don't want her to give away all the secrets of songs except for titles. We had a LOT more fun guessing what Heroin and Get Free were gonna sound like and a LOT of disappointment finding out White Mustang, a song she teased several times, was her shortest track ever and the only thing she DIDNT tease was the bridge. We already know of 9 potential titles of songs to be on the 13 track album and we've heard 7 teasers/releases out of such. For Lust for Life we knew about all but 3 tracks before the tracklist was unveiled and heard 8 of them from her snippets. It isn't hard to ask for a surprise in an era.

phew....i can't believe you actually believe you're entitled enough to make demands like that LMFAO 

I think she is finally diving into the NFR era! We have been ready for months and she is too now. Lets hope we wont get another silence treatment

Nobody is kinda worried that she is shooting the album cover JUST THIS MONTH?!?! So, how much time do we have to wait for the damn thing again?!?!

Nobody is kinda worried that she is shooting the album cover JUST THIS MONTH?!?! So, how much time do we have to wait for the damn thing again?!?!

she's probably not shooting the album cover. It's probably a magazine cover, really.

I feel 100% that it’s a magazine cover because I don’t think she’d acknowledge again that her album cover got denied and she posted the v magazine shoot vid. Plus it’s out of character right now for her to acknowledge the existence of Norman Fucking Rockwell :toofunny:

I live near SF and even I don’t think I have the energy to try to stand in line at some obscure book store. I hope it’s available for purchase online. If not and if I end up going to the store I’ll try to get a few copies to send to people here

LIZARD PEOPLE

phew....i can't believe you actually believe you're entitled enough to make demands like that LMFAO 

Saying what type of information we'd appreciate isn't entitlement it's basic desires for a product that is highly anticipated. If your idea of entitlement is us having guaranteed knowledge that the 3 songs out right now are on the album then the bar is beneath hell and your judgement is worse than everyone else's.

My point stands on such users with the same repetitive posts trying to take a weak contrarian high route to artificially feel better about themselves compared to other fans who simply would like to know details on a record 2 years in the making. 

It's a magazine cover obviously she doesn't care about her album covers enough to tweet the photographer or willingly offer an alternate cover (because second cover? You think she's that invested in the visuals anymore to offer us a second album cover) (besides it's gonna be chuck again it's just tradition at this point)

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Since no one has posted exactly what she said -

“Hey!

So I’m like super excited about self publishing my first poetry book. And I just wanted to say any mom-and-pop SoCal/ San Fran book stores that are interested in having it just let me know and I’ll drive you out a couple boxes when I’m done binding it in a few months xx”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t she say she wanted the poetry book out before the album? This might not be a good sign for NFR since she said it’ll be a few months before the book is ready x

yep. it's gonna be a long ass wait.

giphy.gif

even if it is another magazine cover, at least we know that it (should) coincide with an album release whether before or after. usually if she’d be featured in a magazine, it would be in promotion for a new album. that’s the most logical choice.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I feel 100% that it’s a magazine cover because I don’t think she’d acknowledge again that her album cover got denied and she posted the v magazine shoot vid. Plus it’s out of character right now for her to acknowledge the existence of Norman Fucking Rockwell :toofunny:

I live near SF and even I don’t think I have the energy to try to stand in line at some obscure book store. I hope it’s available for purchase online. If not and if I end up going to the store I’ll try to get a few copies to send to people here

giphy.gif

Those twins probably were spanked a lot by their mommies when they were kids and now they like to be emotionally spanked by a older woman (aka lana del rey)

even if it is another magazine cover, at least we know that it (should) coincide with an album release whether before or after. usually if she’d be featured in a magazine, it would be in promotion for a new album. that’s the most logical choice.

Let’s just hope she doesn’t gush about another track for 4 interviews and then scrap it again

LIZARD PEOPLE

Let’s just hope she doesn’t gush about another track for 4 interviews and then scrap it again

suddenly i can’t read. ugh.

but in all seriousness, she better not or i’ll unstan (another lie).

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Alright ten minutes later I’ve accepted that I will call in sick to work because she won’t give enough notice to request and I will go to the stupid hipster book store and procure her poetry book when the time comes. I don’t even like poetry. Ugh, her power

LIZARD PEOPLE