Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I really want it to come out in April ): like others have said I am not feeling it as a summer album it feels like spring like hope and like new beginnings

(not some tired summertime sadness blue early month of mid july been there done that business ): )

NFR doesn't feel summer at all to me either. 
Maybe this is why the «delay» of LFL didn't bother me at all in the end: the album felt super summery, with all the changes she did to it.
But NFR, in summer? Girl, what didn't I hear? 
Plus: March begins the Spring / Summer releases. All the singles out are more upbeat. Don't know at all where NFR fits into all that. I'm sure the album will sound terrific and I will enjoy it no matter when it's out. But it might go under the radar, with the general public. 

I don’t know how Lana could have such a poor opinion of bonus tracks on an album,,, like sis... how? I hope we get bonuses with NFR, let’s not forget some of her best tracks have been bonuses. Can you imagine a world where we didn’t get Florida Kilos, Is This Happiness or Black Beauty?

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

It's not crazy to assume that's exactly her strategy.

Never thought of that. Her record company might not be super thrilled about it, but it's an interesting choice. 

I don’t know how Lana could have such a poor opinion of bonus tracks on an album,,, like sis... how? I hope we get bonuses with NFR, let’s not forget some of her best tracks have been bonuses. Can you imagine a world where we didn’t get Florida Kilos, Is This Happiness or Black Beauty?

I don't hate bonus tracks at all. But it's true that the story told on UV begins with Cruel World and ends with The Other Woman. The bonus tracks are good for the most parts, but some don't tell the same story (Florida Kilos and Guns and Roses especially). Black Beauty, is This Happiness and Flipside are in the same tone. Fine China and Your Girl could have been bonus tracks. But then again, they are complement to the story, not essential, though they are incredible songs. 

By bonus tracks, what do you mean? Do you mean new extra tracks to the previous 13 or a deluxe edition? 

because we know how she feels about deluxes... (she thinks it's only for the record company and kinda dilutes the story the album tells)

Was really just a loose joke since someone else mentioned bonus tracks, or fillers that mightve been requested by the label. I think we're down to like 13 tracks atm, and I'd b content w that. Conflicted, bc more tracks, but I guess not as much since the main album's probably what's gonna b the main narrative of the record.

UV/Honeymoon

Was really just a loose joke since someone else mentioned bonus tracks, or fillers that mightve been requested by the label. I think we're down to like 13 tracks atm, and I'd b content w that. Conflicted, bc more tracks, but I guess not as much since the main album's probably what's gonna b the main narrative of the record.

Lana reading this and seeing “fillers”

giphy.gif

Do you think she's planning a double release of poetry book + album on June 21st (her birthday)? It seems like album will be coming in June and that day is a Friday, so maybe...

she's playing in ireland on the 22nd too

Do you think she's planning a double release of poetry book + album on June 21st (her birthday)? It seems like album will be coming in June and that day is a Friday, so maybe...

Honestly even though I hope it doesn't come out later than May, I'm here for it. The album is very personal. The poems are personal. She's doing vanity projects. It'd be perfect to release everything on her birthday. It'd be meaningful

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

she's playing in ireland on the 22nd too

I don't know what's worse...the probability of her cancelling, or another half assed performance in a mismatched outfit :horror:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i think anything is possible at this point. this hoe is so unpredictable!

.....but just think about when we first heard venice bitch + the interview. we were really sitting there thinking we’d have the album but now. our delusional dumb birch minds! this witch really played us!

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Would be a neat concept,

Even though she never released anything on « significant dates » that we know of, right? But I’d be here for it.

About the poetry books... if it'll only be in mom & pop type of bookstores in SoCal, it's probably gonna end up being something only like 40 of her fans have, and they'll all be sold on eBay for like $200 to everyone else  :eek: If she brings copies to NYC, I'll be sure to grab as many as i'm allowed to and sell them to other fans at face value.

Just like Frank Ocean's magazine. That's still on Ebay for hundreds of dollars

At this point an album leak would be very cool

Y9iV.gif

Lana worked with Jack this time, and almost nothing leaks when it comes to his work. If my memory's good, no songs from reputation leaked, or maybe just the day before the release date, and with Lorde, leaks happened a bit earlier but it was almost nothing (two days maybe?)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

About the poetry books... if it'll only be in mom & pop type of bookstores in SoCal, it's probably gonna end up being something only like 40 of her fans have, and they'll all be sold on eBay for like $200 to everyone else :eek: If she brings copies to NYC, I'll be sure to grab as many as i'm allowed to and sell them to other fans at face value.

Just like Frank Ocean's magazine. That's still on Ebay for hundreds of dollars

if this bitch doesn’t end up selling them worldwide, i will literally jump off a fucking bridge.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose