Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

vb is a solid stab at prog rock through a lana lens, along with a prog-rock-esque run time

(and it really is such a goddamn perfect song to drive around and lose yourself in, to paraphrase miss del rey at its release)

it's just the way i feel

vb is a solid stab at prog rock through a lana lens, along with a prog-rock-esque run time

(and it really is such a goddamn perfect song to drive around and lose yourself in, to paraphrase miss del rey at its release)

I don't disagree. I just wonder if it would've been more impactful if some of the repetition was cut, but the fact that it's 9.5 minutes is just so Lana, so I'm not sure I'd want it to be.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'm on the fence.

Venice Bitch - honestly - I really hate agreeing with Ben on anything, but I agree that it's too long. I think it would have more of an impact if it was shorter. I think around 5 - 6 minutes would've been perfect.

Mariners Apartment Complex, to me, feels slightly contrived lyrically - but overall I really like it.

I like Hope, but the her delivery is almost hysterical in places and it's very intense, and it's not the type of thing I would put on repeat. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, just that I haven't played it as much as the other two as a result.

So I guess I'm still deciding which is my favourite. I'm trying not to overplay any of them until we get the album because I want to be able to enjoy it in its entirety.

VB inspired Kevin Abstract’s album so uhh I don’t think the length is a problem with that one, it made its impact already

Edit: I just saw a reply from you above mine sorry lol if it were up to me tho I’d have Lana on a full on 70s psychedelic rock sounding record, one with long ass 7-10m tracks. Ugh one can only dream

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

VB inspired Kevin Abstract’s album so uhh I don’t think the length is a problem with that one, it made its impact already

Edit: I just saw a reply from you above mine sorry lol if it were up to me tho I’d have Lana on a full on 70s psychedelic rock sounding record, one with long ass 7-10m tracks. Ugh one can only dream

Ugh, I'd be so happy <3

My dream is for Lana to turn into an amazing rock artist. She's got the voice. Pretty when you cry... Idk, one can dream right? Lolol

When NFR was announced I thought she was getting into that direction

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Hope = MAC > VB

(and before the ‘hating venice bitch isnt a personality trait!’ responses..i like VB)

That's what I get for clicking on this thread: a headache and a need of a prayer.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Ready for y'all to come for my neck on this one but.... Hope Is A Dangerous Thing really is my favorite NFR released track so far because it's the most well written and emotionally raw (besides that "shaking my ass" lyric). VB is a close second and MAC is a very distant third, even though I still love it. 

Ready for y'all to come for my neck on this one but.... Hope Is A Dangerous Thing really is my favorite NFR released track so far because it's the most well written and emotionally raw (besides that "shaking my ass" lyric). VB is a close second and MAC is a very distant third, even though I still love it. 

the "shaking my ass" part makes me love it even more lol. its just such a strong song and that part catches me off guard but still fits perfectly 

Anyway the vinyl will be green. Like imagine this but translucent

4._Translucent_Green.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

If we don’t get an announcement this week and HIAB shortly after I’m unstanning and so should all of you

Also, “All you have to do is change anything” is literally her trolling us that she’s changing the entire album

I don't think I will ever unstan, but I'll probably forget about her for awhile if we don't hear something soon. I kinda did that with LFL ... I never actually listened to that album until about 3 weeks after it'd been released because I just got so sick of waiting and went, "fuck it", and then one day I remembered it was out.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

lanas 2 dumbass pinterest friends because they've heard the album tumblr_msui9cgwvx1qz8roeo1_250.gif

I feel like her friends haven't even heard the album. And they probably don't care. All they do together is have fun. I actually think almost nobody has heard the album and Lana mostly plays in when she drives.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Wish she never released the 3 songs and announced the album. We would all be minding our business and not stressing about this daily

I - even if this were to happen and we'd have had no idea, I don't really think the forum would've lasted as well on LFL. I personally love the record even if it is less cohesive, but. The anthology-format of it would've just had a lot of people thinking it was some kind of departure from her career. 

Which, sure, would've caused an influx of interest and sentimentality for the record, but then u'd have naysayers posting ungrateful at how LFL might've been the last record we'd ever gotten, only to have it been made incohesive yada yada. 

Short answer, we woulda been fucked either way, least we got 3 tracks so far 

UV/Honeymoon