Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

its so depressing to think we wont get another song on the same level as VB in this era :/

Everything she has released/teased for the album is already superior than VB

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The way some of y’all talk about her friends or just people around her in general are like those jealous friends that get mad because your bestie is hanging out more with her other friends, or like how an abusive boyfriend acts when his girlfriend goes out with her friends lol.

Oh it seems like we will never get rid of the dancers hehe

those god forsaken dancers, they look so ridiculous in their fashion nova outfits while lana has on her lulu lemon leggings on and some ill fitting black shirt. I've said this before but I wish she would ditch the dancers and get real talented back up singers. I've been so obsessed with watching old concert footage from the 70's and it was like having a full band with back up singers was standard for a show unless if it was intended to be striped back.

I would like to see Lana go out in a pair of Levi shorts and a t shirt thats something California/Americana related. I want her to sing her recent tracks + her most beachy cali songs and maybe a cover. No more BtD songs besides SS and VG. I would like to see CW be brought back maybe even a shorter version of it. I think MAC should be the opener, and VB be the closer (or vice versa). Also I'm so over the back tracks I know Lana can still sing and her recent tracks are so easy to sing, so no excuses. Lana's shows recently feel like karaoke night lol.

fun story for you guys! i love in a very small and homophobic town. went out to a bar and i played doin time on th jukebox and everyone danced and sang to it. they love lana. i’m producing stans

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I would like to see Lana go out in a pair of Levi shorts and a t shirt thats something California/Americana related. I want her to sing her recent tracks + her most beachy cali songs and maybe a cover. No more BtD songs besides SS and VG. I would like to see CW be brought back maybe even a shorter version of it. I think MAC should be the opener, and VB be the closer (or vice versa). Also I'm so over the back tracks I know Lana can still sing and her recent tracks are so easy to sing, so no excuses. Lana's shows recently feel like karaoke night lol.

A concept tbh

Also played around and tried to create a set list with that kinda vibe just for fun

Mariners Apartment Complex

Venice Bitch

Music to Watch Boys To

Cinnamon

13 Beaches

West Coast

Summertime Sadness

Freak

Flipside

Happiness Is a Butterfly

Doin’ Time/Chelsea Hotel No. 2/Blue Velvet/etc. [cover slot]

High By the Beach

Video Games

Cruel World

How to Disappear

(Cherry, Religion, and Ride all almost made this list. Also for a cover I’d personally like to hear her do With or Without You by U2. Marvelous song as it is but sis could nail it I think)

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Not sure if this has already been said but what if the delay is because Lana is doing some kind of poetry book + album bundle? Just a shot in the dark but i’d dig it. If the poetry book is really $1 then why not just bundle it with a cd that’s around $10. It wouldn’t explain the digital delay but i’m just speaking about hard copies here- vinyl or cd. It would be cool to get a copy of the book with it. Just thinking out loud, sorry if it’s been discussed already.

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

those god forsaken dancers, they look so ridiculous in their fashion nova outfits while lana has on her lulu lemon leggings on and some ill fitting black shirt. I've said this before but I wish she would ditch the dancers and get real talented back up singers. I've been so obsessed with watching old concert footage from the 70's and it was like having a full band with back up singers was standard for a show unless if it was intended to be striped back.

giphy.gif

I been saying the same exact thing for the longest. Backup singers - not dancers. 

Now if only these two dancers with Lana could sing, then that would be nice. It could be something like the Ikettes. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It's all about effort and desire but Lana isn't about effort so whatever. 

A concept tbh

Also played around and tried to create a set list with that kinda vibe just for fun

Mariners Apartment Complex

Venice Bitch

Music to Watch Boys To

Cinnamon

13 Beaches

West Coast

Summertime Sadness

Freak

Flipside

Happiness Is a Butterfly

Doin’ Time/Chelsea Hotel No. 2/Blue Velvet/etc. [cover slot]

High By the Beach

Video Games

Cruel World

How to Disappear

(Cherry, Religion, and Ride all almost made this list. Also for a cover I’d personally like to hear her do With or Without You by U2. Marvelous song as it is but sis could nail it I think)

htd as a closer...your mind... :bodyisready:

it's just the way i feel

off topic but, unsure if anyones said this on here but a 2012 lana show from a festival is being released from the archives and aired in about an hour or so on an australian radio station..

Yeah, I mean ... I do not understand why they are there on stage with her. If sis is going to insist on playing massive outdoor venues then she needs backup singers, not dancers. IMO they don't add anything to the performance.

Obviously, I'm just some rando bitch and not a stage setup expert, but you don't have to be an expert to conclude that they should not be in front of her. What the fuck? She's the artist. Why the fuck is she behind those distracting bitches?

It should not look like this:

rk8qdl.jpg

But rather, like this:

ndpzf9.jpg

I mean maybe she'll change it up for Malahide tomorrow and they'll be behind her (even though I don't feel they should be there at all), but ... idk ... everything else is looking exactly the same as always. ETA: nope. The shots of the stage from the theatre have the dancers' mics at the front. Do they actually sing anything? They're primarily dancers, right?

And before anyone is all, "OMG you're so MEANNNN" this is in no way a personal attack on her dancers. They seem like very nice girls. They just need to GTFO the stage.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yeah, I mean ... I do not understand why they are there on stage with her. If sis is going to insist on playing massive outdoor venues then she needs backup singers, not dancers. IMO they don't add anything to the performance.

Obviously, I'm just some rando bitch and not a stage setup expert, but you don't have to be an expert to conclude that they should not be in front of her. What the fuck? She's the artist. Why the fuck is she behind those distracting bitches?

It should not look like this:

rk8qdl.jpg

But rather, like this:

ndpzf9.jpg

I mean maybe she'll change it up for Malahide tomorrow and they'll be behind her (even though I don't feel they should be there at all), but ... idk ... everything else is looking exactly the same as always.

And before anyone is all, "OMG you're so MEANNNN" this is in no way a personal attack on her dancers. They seem like very nice girls. They just need to GTFO the stage.

Lana changing it up? 

giphy.gif

IMG-20190622-114317.jpg

Courtney-Love-vs-Lana-Del-Rey.jpg

IMG-20190622-114300.jpg

juliette-lewis-tweet.jpg

The fact Lana is BFF's with a murderess...

giphy.gif

Then there's Jared Leto, James Franco and the Hillsong hoes who are her BFF's.  

Questionable taste in friends. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Then there's Jared Leto, James Franco and the Hillsong hoes who are her BFF's.  

Questionable taste in friends. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If sis was 20 years older and had started her career in the 80s/90s she soooo would've dated Kurt. He's so her type.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream