Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The fact that she's been completely silent since the show makes me think more and more that "two months" was just a flippant remark ... if she had an actual date I feel like she would've posted something. 

I'm a very cautious clown now, though. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

ANYWAY these are the official rankings I don’t make the rules everybody knows it it’s a fact kiss kiss

Mariners Apartment Complex

Cinnamon

How to Disappear

Happiness Is a Butterfly

Venice Bitch

Norman Fucking Rockwell

hope is a keyboard smash

In the Car

You Don’t Ever Have To

Doin’ Time

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I'll be praying for you.

SylviaPlath likes it  :lmao:

hope is a keyboard smash

:lmao:

Btw if we talkin official rankings, here is the one leaked by Lona herself

Venice Bitch

Norman Fucking Rockwell

In Your Car

Doin Time

Mariners

Cinnamon

Stronger

How To Disappear

Hope

Happiness

Hm. Right now at least, 

How To Disappear - "and I watched the guys getting high as they fight, for the things they hold dear, to forget the things they fear" Nostalgia-rampant, quickly reminds me of a Video Games lvl of a song 
Norman Fucking Rockwell - Not just bc it's new, but it's got an incredibly sprite melody, nd that LINE
IYC - the most emotionally forthright n stripped-honest sounding song. Softly commanding nd most enchanting (snippet) 
HIADT/ Venice - keyboard smash's got an instant unforgettable title already, dramatic, but justified (gatekeeper lyric, wow) , Venice for being so unusually cathartic 

(Cherry Blossom's somewhere here)

Mariners Apartment Complex - It's like what every turning point should sound like in song form. 
Cinnamon/ HiaB - Cinnamon's got POTENTIAL, HiaB's well-blended from a songwriting perspective. Both are cute, but sorta play around the same subject matter in different ways. Oddly compliment each other 

Doin' Time - It's fun nd almost groovy, but I strangely like the original a bit more 

UV/Honeymoon

Hm. Right now at least, 

How To Disappear - "for the guys getting high as they fight, for the things they held dear, to forget the things they fear" 

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Not just bc it's new, but it's got an incredibly sprite melody, nd that LINE

IYC - the most emotionally forthright n forward-stripped-honest sounding song. Most enchanting (snippet) 

HIADT/ Venice - keyboard smash's got an instant unforgettable title already, dramatic, but justified (gatekeeper lyric, wow) , Venice for being so unusually cathartic 

(Cherry Blossom's somewhere here)

Mariners Apartment Complex - It's like what every turning point should sound like in song form. 

Cinnamon/ HiaB - Cinnamon's got POTENTIAL, HiaB's well-blended from a songwriting perspective. Both are cute, but sorta play around the same subject matter in different ways. Oddly compliment each other 

Doin' Time - It's fun nd almost groovy, but I strangely like the original a bit more 

once again, i fully agree 

and the "faster than your fastest cars" snippet is at the very bottom lol

it's just the way i feel

Imagine the album cover just being the words “Norman fucking Rockwell” in capitalized letters, written in red paint to literally mimic the line “writing in blood on my walls” in Hope is a keyboard smash. To emphasize that this album will be some “sad girl shit”.

Maybe that’d look horrible, but I think a part of me still would like a cover without Lana in it. I think it would still look good. :delicious:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Imagine the album cover just being the words “Norman fucking Rockwell” in capitalized letters, written in red paint to literally mimic the line “writing in blood on my walls” in Hope is a keyboard smash. To emphasize that this album will be some “sad girl shit”.

Maybe that’d look horrible, but I think a part of me still would like a cover without Lana in it. I think it would still look good. :delicious:

Do NOT plant that seed

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

If the paint was dripping, well damn I'd be into that

once again, i fully agree 

and the "faster than your fastest cars" snippet is at the very bottom lol

Oh fuck, I completely forgot about that tbh.. was kinda hoping it'd b a part of HiaB after some kind of lightning moment, like some strange fitting alteration to the track, but, and yeah HiaB's got that amazing insta snippet "Hollywood nd Vine black rabbit -- - " but, this w Cinnamon too, it's all so easily confusing on how which parts flow to which w both of those tracks. 

The fastest cars snippet just seems so brittlely abrupt, even if it is just a snippet 

nd lol ty, ty  :kiss:

UV/Honeymoon

To think in roughly two months’ time we will be in possession of the Gay Anthems Cinnamon and Happiness Is a Butterfly...

https://youtu.be/XPHcpwrjDdk

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

This is why I tend to think she just randomly said that without consulting anyone ... it's the type o' shit she would do. She has "no plan" and it sounded like an afterthought.

August 23rd is Taylor's. The week before or after isn't ideal for the same reason. Basically, August is a clusterfuck from Interscope's point-of-view.

September? They miss the Grammys deadline. Sis may not care but I bet Interscope does.

Considering she has festivals for the next month, and a poetry book she wants to put out before the album, I don't see her releasing it any time in June or July.

So I think it's lies and until there's an actual date I don't believe her.

I agree with everything you say here, but in the spirit of "what if", if she intends the 23rd, it might be something like a "metal machine music" statement minus the emphasis on the music (Lou Reed's infamous last record to a label he was leaving). In the spirit of LDR ambiguity, LDR might be distancing herself from the type of artist Taylor is, or distancing herself from the "charts" mentality, or both (and she'd be doing so paradoxically, by drawing attention to herself "competing" with Taylor, in what is basically a futile "battle").

I don't know if not getting a #1 on a chart will actually impact sales for NFR (certainly not more than the music will). I mean there are plenty of #2s that sell quite a lot (e.g. BTD, but also Sam Smith's debut, which was eclipsed by UV, also Tyler's Flower Boy eclipsed by LFL). However, there should be lots of evidence getting a grammy nom/award increases sales (e.g. sales spikes after the event), and Taylor might not be as happy with LDR competing on that front, by being eligible at the same grammys. Anyway, at least LDR is putting pressure on herself to release NFR, whatever, in fact, she ends up doing in the near future.

I'd be down for her writing it in actual blood, like how Metallica used actual semen and cow's blood for the cover of "Load".

That'd be some seriously old-school-sis kind of shit.

I'm fucked up, I know that, but Jesus

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'd be down for her writing it in actual blood, like how Metallica used actual semen and cow's blood for the cover of "Load".

That'd be some seriously old-school-sis kind of shit.

I'm fucked up, I know that, but Jesus

Oh god, not that, ew!! :horror: :whoopi:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I had a vision of what I'd like NFR's cover to be: Lana in the back of a pickup. She's facing the lens, but looking down. She's bored out of her mind...Candles, empty beer cans, and blankets scatter around her. Not quite b&w but dimly lit and desaturated. Nighttime. The guy has been going on and on about how special he is, how deep his art is, and he has totally given the bare minimum in every way, except sexually. This, of course, is minutes after the afterglow of his sex has worn off, and he's talking and talking and talking...again. She wants to go home...and fantasize about him again. He's better and less bitter in her dreams. 

a few months ago i had an extremely vivid dream where the cover was released. It was her leaning out of the back of a pick up truck (probably the one in the vb video) and she was holding paintbrushes was painting the sky around her, and the letters NFR were in paint. It was a sunny day and she looked really beautiful

If the album cover does actually contain a pick-up truck, I will be sh00k to the core!!!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven