Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

btd is the reason lana BREATHES today shut up and bow down to it

anywho how yall feeling ab the be stronger snippet? i havent really seen anyone be excited for it.

The only song I’m still excited for lol

Heavy production, visuals and aesthetic + huge sales = automatically better, superior music

Piano/minimalistic production, lower sales = worse/inferior music

These are elementary grade level arguments that y'all throwing at me.

I was completely sure in October-November that NFR would be her best album since Honeymoon. I’m not so sure anymore, I’m afraid it might sound like a piano ballad record, but the album will be here soon and I’m really curious to hear the songs in their final productions. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

y'all have the "this is gonna be her best album" wayyyyyyyyyy too easy lol, do i need to remind you how careless and lowkey detestable she was this era? the unprofessionalism jumped out! and obviously, no visuals whatsoever. this era is clearly shit compared to how Born To Die was. at least she served vocals at Malahide but other than that all her other performances were kinda weak : she sounded out of breath and pointed the mic at the fans half the time. anyone with taste and a good working brain is gonna tell you that Born To Die is 100% better than Norman Fucking Rockwell, everything wise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ nfr seems cool (for the moment) but saying that this is gonna be her best album is absolute clownery. nothing will ever top her albums from 2011 to 2015. L4L was messy as fuck and if Lana scrap Happiness and replace it by another boring piano ballad, NFR will sadly be messy too

This is TASTE. Talented, brilliant, amazing, etc.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Honeymoon, her currently reigning and likely still best album, remains unbothered 

Honeymoon is not her best. That's just crazy talk.

giphy.gif

Heavy production, visuals and aesthetic + huge sales = automatically better, superior music

No one is saying this lmao

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I NEED HIAB and because it's the only snippet I can remember (not overplaying any before release to ruin it for myself :brows: ) and I fucking LOVE IT 

Y’all sound like Ashley O’s aunt

an album with songs that are only on the piano with a minimalistic production are bland, don't take any risks, and don't even try to be somewhat creative. The lyrics would then have to be very good in order to raise that album above mediocrity, which I don't think will be the case with this album. An album needs variety in order to stay interesting, or else all the songs will sound the same.

anyone who thinks otherwise is just being pretentious

Also this may be an unpopular opinion but @ anyone who trashes OTTR it's such a fucking good song how can you trash THAT??? Lyrics on point, Vocals on point, it's catchy af. Just cause she performs it a lot doesnt make it bad.. 

OT: Someone said how everyone will be like OMG HER BEST ALBUM and then 2 months later it'll be ripped to shreds: so sad but probably true lol. Won't see me do either of these things tho. Also what if there are tracks that will blow our socks off that we havent heard anything of yet :brows: 

No one is saying this lmao

How can an album of mostly slow minimal production piano ballads about her bad boyfriends (again for the 5th album) be better then the Iconic 10 million seller Born To Die anyway?

y'all have the "this is gonna be her best album" wayyyyyyyyyy too easy lol, do i need to remind you how careless and lowkey detestable she was this era? the unprofessionalism jumped out! and obviously, no visuals whatsoever. this era is clearly shit compared to how Born To Die was.

Yeah, that's some people, but you're making out like it's the entirety of LB saying that.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

wouldn't be surprised if HIAB is scrapped seeing as she used its video for the MAC video - or is that Lana's pure laziness?

having said that, she has teased it 3 times so it probs isn't

Lana needs at least one scrapped music video per album cycle:

Dark Paradise, PWYC, Honeymoon, Cherry, who will be next?

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

NFR is gonna join UV and HM in the holy trinity of her discography. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***