Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Honestly, I hope there won't be a new era for a long time. This era was already messy, terrible, painful and I almost unstanned lmao

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Guys I have a question. At her last set in Dublin was the mic’s volume not loud enough? In every video I’ve seen so far it’s hard to hear her during most parts. I thought about it possibly being the open venue but it hasn’t happened in the other festivals. Perhaps the phones of those recording? Or was she just being quiet. Idk what do you think

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Existing production, consistent visuals and aesthetic + trend-defining music + powerful enough to launch someone to international fame + aged well, still fresh + billboard top 100 for how many weeks? = subjectively good, objectively influential music

Piano/minimalistic production, that same butterfly footage recycled for two completely different music vids that aren't even about butterflies, can't judge the sales because it's still not out, can't judge the album entirely yet because, again, it's still not out = probably won't top BTD

Fixed it for you

locals only

Guys I have a question. At her last set in Dublin was the mic’s volume not loud enough? In every video I’ve seen so far it’s hard to hear her during most parts. I thought about it possibly being the open venue but it hasn’t happened in the other festivals. Perhaps the phones of those recording? Or was she just being quiet. Idk what do you think

I think someone said the bass was too loud which distorted phone quality videos a little bit but that it was fixed near the end which is why Venice bitch sounds pretty good in that sets recording

that same butterfly footage recycled for two completely different music vids that aren't even about butterflies,

And how is this relevant to the music quality? 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

that same butterfly footage recycled for two completely different music vids that aren't even about butterflies,

And how is this relevant to the music quality? 

My whole post is about things not entirely related to the music quality, so I'm not sure why you singled that out. My point was the music vids for the songs on the album so far are messy and lazy. At least two use the same footage- if HiaB also gets a mv then we're probably going to see that damn footage again.

locals only

...yeah. As a big BTD fan, it’s not a very good album lol and I can see why it usually gets the worst reviews out of all her albums. The (over)production is very unnecessary (TWMUG, Dark Paradise ahem), the reverb makes me cringe, but the era was amazing and I think that’s why we all love BTD (especially comparing it to the more than lackluster NFR "era"). With other people though, BTD is my guilty pleasure because songs like Million Dollar Man, Summertime Sadness, Dark Paradise, etc are kinda cheesy? This is coming from someone who loves BTD, but it’s kinda meh to call BTD peak Lana lol Carmen is always my star though wow

sgopYhV.gif

My whole post is about things not entirely related to the music quality, so I'm not sure why you singled that out. My point was the music vids for the songs on the album so far are messy and lazy. At least two use the same footage- if HiaB also gets a mv then we're probably going to see that damn footage again.

You were talking about albums and why NFR won't top BTD. When you listen to albums you don't get visuals, music videos, aesthetics and anything like that, you only get the music. All the stuff you talked about is part of the album's eras, and yes,  the BTD era is definetly far far superior than NFR's 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

You were talking about albums and why NFR won't top BTD. When you listen to albums you don't get visuals, music videos, aesthetics and anything like that, you only get the music. All the stuff you talked about is part of the album's eras, and yes, the BTD era is definetly far far superior than NFR's

The MUSIC tho is gonna be a different story

You like Melanie Martinez so everyone is judging you sweetie xx

I dont like Melanie as much as the next person but pls, lets come up w a better insult than “oh your opinion’s invalid bc you listen to ‘X’” that argument is sad and tired and boring.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Paradise and UV is perfection. That’s the tea girlies...

I don’t believe for one second we will be getting NFR in two months. Sorry I just don’t see it happening...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Let’s take this all album discussion to a more appropriate place perhaps? I don’t want anyone to get in trouble and all of these poor opinions are hurting my eyes and brain.

Paradise and UV is perfection. That’s the tea girlies...

I don’t believe for one second we will be getting NFR in two months. Sorry I just don’t see it happening...

Paradise is not good and that's a fact

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Paradise is not good and that's a fact

not sure how u can say that when ride, American, cola, blue velvet, gods and monsters, the superior version of yayo, and bel air exist

but back on topic, NFR will decimate her other albums (maybe not UV or HM though, we’ll see <3)so it doesn’t really matter

sgopYhV.gif