Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just dreamt that this album was somehow released.... the album cover was her laying on the floor, upside down as in "Bedtime Stories" (by Madonna) but shot from a further position 'cause I could actually see until her belly. Oh, and didn't listen to it 'cause random shit kept happening  :deadbanana:

I'm probably the only one thinking that but Lana making an album full of piano ballads is like a dream come true. And produced by Jack Antonoff? I could've not asked for something better

I’m with you. I always loved strings and piano. My fave soundtrack is The Piano by Michael Nyman. I love the intimacy of that instrument. I loved how HM had so many subtilities that I discovered over time. NFR will probably be the same: many songs might not stand out at first, but they’ll be growers. And a couple of rock-Ish influences on a couple of them? Jeez, sign me up. It’s gonna be an excellent album to drive to. VB is already incredible for that.

I love piano too, and I wouldn't mind a full album of it only if the melody and composition is at least interesting, not dreary and monotonous like we've heard so far. There are exceptions like MAC, but I'm not feeling the rest.  

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I love piano too, and I wouldn't mind a full album of it only if the melody and composition is at least interesting, not dreary and monotonous like we've heard so far. There are exceptions like MAC, but I'm not feeling the rest.

I've actually never heard chord progressions like that except for IYC that reminds me of White Mustang, it all seems so new, original and rare. It's not something we've heard with tons of artists, it's not a copy paste of other melodies, it's so authentic. That's what I like the most, with the fact that the piano + her voice sound so emotional.

You might like that once we get the full songs. Lana seems to always tease the least interesting part of a song, or the beginning. I remember people were not expecting VB to sound like that when they first heard the snippet, and I think some even said that it was boring at first

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I've actually never heard chord progressions like that except for IYC that reminds me of White Mustang, it all seems so new, original and rare. It's not something we've heard with tons of artists, it's not a copy paste of other melodies, it's so authentic. That's what I like the most, with the fact that the piano sounds + her voice sound so emotional.

You might like that once we get the full songs. Lana seems to always tease the least interesting part of a song, or the beginning. I remember people were not expecting VB to sound like that when they first heard the snippet, and I think some even said that it was boring at first

All the chord progressions we have heard so far are kinda basic tho

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

All the chord progressions we have heard so far are kinda basic tho

I didn't say they weren't basic, I just said they sound so authentic and unique :)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I didn't say they weren't basic, I just said they sound so authentic and unique :)

Yes I mostly like the melodies of the songs

Idk why but I love the pre chorus of Venice bitch.. It sounds so soft and innocent and pure

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I'm probably the only one thinking that but Lana making an album full of piano ballads is like a dream come true. And produced by Jack Antonoff? I could've not asked for something better

Some of her best work ‘are just piano ballads,’ like ‘Old Money’ and ‘Is This Happiness.’

Lana??? Uh... this entire record was written by her. The melodies & instrumentals were done by Jack. Just bc someone has "writing credits" doesn't mean they wrote 80%. In fact, a lot of times people get credit even for 2% of work, just giving the idea to change a single lyric. Just bc Lana's credits are co-written doesn't mean she's unoriginal or isn't writing her material herself. Cruel World & Pretty When You Cry were songs she wrote basically with Blake playing guitar... 

Almost all of AKA is only credited to Lana & David Khan, the same thing as now with Jack. He probably did the instrumental for her for those tracks on AKA which I'm not saying is 2% of work, but they still get writing credits 99% of the time

girl.. I didn't say people wrote 80%.... with all artists people are usually under a contract to have co-writers and none of us know which parts were and weren't written by her... but basically she doesn't write ALL of her music bc no mainstream or pop artists do.

They are credited for the melody. Lana writes the lyrics and they write the melody or find the chords if Lana already has an acapella melody.

check registering credits, and if u don't know where to look for those you can find credits on Spotify.

giphy.gif

Let's not forget the 'collab' Lana did with Jonathan Wilson and all she did was whisper one word over and over again JFHJSFHG

Oop foreshadowing! 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Yeah, the instrumental alone made the trailer soo much better so I think the song's pretty fucking good. 

However, If Lana only sings a 10 second bridge and occasionally whispers ''angel'', while Miley gets all the verses and Ariana all of the fucking chorus....that's bad for us fam, let's hope it doesn't happen like that, but we all know that hope is a dangerous thing for us Lana fans to have....do we even have it? 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***