Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

she said the record was "introspective sad girl shit", so i don't think so

I'd LOVE a Cool.mp3 by Gwen Stefani sorta track where it sounds all happy, but listen to the lyrics a lot more closely and its dipped in sad nostalgia which contributes to the themes of feigning happiness for someone else. it'll b set in the moonlight rollerway, tumblr_inline_o8o9jaIym91tadxhr_500.gif give ya MTWBT vibes tumblr_nvhz9bazfJ1u6lm6go1_500.gif, rollerskate attire giphy.gif, but make it fashion, lots of colors, spinning to reflect the psychedelia of the hopefully psychedelic, go go dancer typa production vibe. lots of laughter, her having slow sad glances tryna crack a smile giphy.gif

the contrast, the spiralling violent wildness of it giphy.gif the aphrodisiac confusion quality of it FlashySeveralAppaloosa-max-1mb.gif04db3b79aecf0ca2b0a946c7b24b1104--tomboyWhich track'll serve best for that purpose Lans, we know at least UO'll buy the themes and visual motif

UV/Honeymoon

do we have any idea of when she'll put out the album trailer or preorder?

I think Amazon France had a pre-order for July 26th with the album coming out on August 30th?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

If she really does put out the preorder on Friday, would NZ be getting it in 10 hours? Or would it be a worldwide release?? Does any1 remember what happened w LFL

during the LFL era the preorder went up everywhere at once but that was because she had premiered groupie love and summer bummer on the beats1 radio and then had the pre order come out with those tracks right after

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Is there anything left to say? We are in a desert again with no water, no food, nothing

I'd love to talk about mv concepts. Song themes, picture discs, and how the hell are they gonna fit venice onto an LP w/o having to compromise anything? Double discs ?

but ok so here. DONATELLA.gif let's discuss word/term associations we come up w when it comes to the tracks/snippets(lol) we've gotten so far:

Venice Bitch: beach concrete

MAC: morning dew

HIADT: black coffee

HIAB: sour citrus fruit 

nfr: waterfalls

IYC: cypress trees 

HTD: golden sea gleam

oh fuck edit: cinnamon: salma hayek in that one film

UV/Honeymoon

let's discuss word/term associations we come up w when it comes to the tracks/snippets(lol) we've gotten so far:

Venice Bitch: beach concrete

MAC: morning dew

HIADT: black coffee

HIAB: sour citrus fruit 

nfr: waterfalls

IYC: cypress trees 

HTD: golden sea gleam

MAC: the tour swing

VB: grass. A fuck ton of grass

Hope: getting fucked at NA meetings

HIAB: Kidzbop

IYC: car crash

HTD: car crash

NFR: incels

Cinnamon: cinnamon challenge

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

August 30th just doesn’t make sense. Lana may pretend to not care about sales, but Interscope wouldn’t want her releasing during Taylor’s second week. They would want to maximize sales of one of their larger artists, especially one who depends on album sales rather than singles.