Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i just had a thought:

Fuck It, I Love You! + The Greatest song and MV release and a pre-order with full tracklist and album art released all at once this upcoming week.

how glorious would that be?

one can only dream, but we all know lana. tho it would be lit rally iconic luv

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

It would make sense assuming the songs are coming this week or next week. The websites being revamped, things seem to have been set in motion. I imagine this will all build up to the proper announcement of the record, including all the things we’ve been dying for. Tracklist, cover, etc.

i just had a thought:

Fuck It, I Love You! + The Greatest song and MV release and a pre-order with full tracklist and album art released all at once this upcoming week.

how glorious would that be?

Probably what's gonna happen. I know it seems unrealistic at this point but she's not putting out two songs with a MV for nothing, especially with the album coming in the next weeks. And there are big chances those are the last two songs she's going to put out before the album.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I may be delusional, but I remember when Lana released Summer Bummer and Groupie Love, only one of them had an official single cover ... Groupie Love had the album cover! Maybe there is a slight chance of the same happening with one of these songs ... idk

iv9uXjw.gif

I hope we get the Apple music snippets early like we did with LFL. Although if my memory serves me correctly, those snippets leaked a day before the release...? Let's hope we get it much much earlier. :hooker:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

They’re not complaining that she swears too much. They’re criticizing that it’s a bit cringe now because it’s not executed well. The “bitch!” in Cherry sounds more sensual than frustrated. lol It’s a good song, but it’s her attempt at doing ad-libs and slapping trap beats on it because of her current rap influences that doesn’t work for me. People are just worried that the sloppiness in LFL will bleed into NFR. I mean personally, I’m a bit over the words, “blue”, “car”, and “fast” in her lyrics, but I’m open to hearing the songs in full.

I hope we get the Apple music snippets early like we did with LFL. Although if my memory serves me correctly, those snippets leaked a day before the release...? Let's hope we get it much much earlier. :hooker:

They leaked a week earlier.

giphy.gif

cherry is overrated, stream tomorrow never came

Not basing on just "good/bad", focusing on the actual criticisms. For example, if someone hates Cherry for the swearing because it seems random, it's a sign of wee bit of media illiteracy that one wouldn't even acknowledge the satire in the song, not to mention in others... like Brooklyn Baby, where people complained about her hydroponic weed line when UV first dropped, but backed off when they realized what the hell she's doing as a musician. 

Not saying someone's dumb for disliking it or disagreeing with my own, but it's kind of crazy what it implies about the criticism of the swears in it being random. That's just not true. 

Not basing on just "good/bad", focusing on the actual criticisms. For example, if someone hates Cherry for the swearing because it seems random, it's a sign of wee bit of media illiteracy that one wouldn't even acknowledge the satire in the song, not to mention in others... like Brooklyn Baby, where people complained about her hydroponic weed line when UV first dropped, but backed off when they realized what the hell she's doing as a musician.

Not saying someone's dumb for disliking it or disagreeing with my own, but it's kind of crazy what it implies about the criticism of the swears in it being random. That's just not true.

Well... what if I don’t hate the song and I just think they’re poor attempts at ad-libs? lol