Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

We are never getting Yosemite. It's better to accept the harsh truth instead of living in denial

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Tracklist 13 tracks we have so far :

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Fuck It I love You

Cinnamon Girl
Hope Is a Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me to Have But I have it
Happiness Is A Butterfly

Mariners Apartment Complex
California
How To Disappear
Love Song
Venice Bitch

The Greatest

Non-album tracks :

Hey Baby Blue

I Must be Stupid For Being So Happy

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

We are never getting Yosemite. It's better to accept the harsh truth instead of living in denial

It was her favorite lfl song and she said it needed a home. She was thinking about releasing it as a seperate folky track, so why wouldn’t she include it in the deluxe version of NFR? She said it was too happy for lfl, but she seems to be in a happy place now with songs like Venice Bitch and “Love Song”.

qfrWuBl.png

3 deluxe tracks: The Next Best American Record, Yosemite and Roses Bloom For You. 3 songs that needed a home according to Lana. This way we’ll still have an album with new songs along with 3 songs that deserve an official release.

a concept

giphy.gif

Did I miss anything

I have been trying to figure out the same thing but everyone is too busy talking about wanting an ASMR version of BAR on NFR because the one we have isn’t enough, apparently

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

It was her favorite lfl song and she said it needed a home. She was thinking about releasing it as a seperate folky track, so why wouldn’t she include it in the deluxe version of NFR? She said it was too happy for lfl, but she seems to be in a happy place now with songs like Venice Bitch and “Love Song”.

How many other things has she said in the past that she either totally forgot about, or never happens? From an album with unreleased tracks, to Yosemite, to promised music videos...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Everyone bitches about Lana not being able to sing anymore but like... did you hear those fucking country songs?? SHE MURDERED THEM. She can still sing her ass off. I just often feel like the pop/band/big stage sound isn’t really suited to her voice. She tries to push it and sometimes it goes a little weird. That’s why I think a Lana piano album sounds great. It’s what suits her voice and what she performs live the best, when it gets a little more intimate.

I wish for NFR she did a stripped back tour with sparse instrumentation that really let her take her time and sing and fucking kill it because she would, but the effort just isn’t there it seems. Stop with all this old pop shit. Sing your “mature” new stuff. She could really shut her detractors up with a move like that.

Also, no disrespect, but please no BAR on the new record. It’s so basic. I completely agree that that Nowel production is just so tired at this point.

who’s excited for an announcement this friday!!?? (:

I got my clown suit dry cleaned, ironed and ready! :makeup:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don’t want BAR on NFR unless it has a completely new arrangement.

The Nowel production curse is a slow, mellow beginning, then a lot of lukewarm bombast. LDR has too many songs that follow that pattern. I like BAR well enough, but the production and arrangements are tired and rote.

We will get ‘Yosemite’ when LDR releases some kind of ‘greatest hits,’ ‘best of’ or career retrospective, like Tori Amos’s multi-disc ‘A Piano,’ which offered Amos’s rarities and some never-released-but-sought-after-tracks similar in status to ‘Yosemite.’

We can still wish for the Lana x Marina collab as one of the two missing tracklist songs ❤️ I’m just on public transit daydreaming about how it would probably be called something very positive like “The Good In You” or something Marina-esque