Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I said it once and I'll say it again... the background vocals on Season Of The Witch really make the song. Sooo good.

The "When I look over my shoulder (What happens then??) " part gave me STRONG Shangri-Las teas. Like wow...just wow. Whenever she does 60's/70's stuff shes truly in her element! :defeated:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Yes.. this WILL be my tracklist

track.png

i really really hear strong similarities between Doin Time and SOTW. Like SOTW is the more mature older sister who's more chilled out and less upbeat but still giving everyone what we need. The vocals and bgv are like legit the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they were recorded around the same time as each other

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

LFA is actually pretty nice and well written (unlike all of the so called political songs on LFL) and I'm happy and impressed about the way she made and released it.

However, the track that will keep me busy until NFR/ the next NFR single is definitly SOTW

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Looking for America is actually very beautiful. The guitar sound reminds me of Leonard Cohen Hallelujah. 

However (unpopular opinion) I don't like her cover of Season of The Witch. I thought it was going to be different then what it turned out. 

Honestly I think a song would be better than a manifesto from Lana - but if it rings as vapid as her lyricism or poetry, i don't think the world needs it fr. Like Lana's profiting off of people's misplaced emotions around society crumbling and it all just seems so shallow

"We used to only worry about the children at night " -- who's kids? Just the rich white debutantes in pink dresses? Not homeless gay kids on the street, not immigrant children ripped from parents and kept in state custody under armed guard (oh my, guns!), not child laborers abroad sewing shitty merch!

Does Lana "believe in the country America used to be" as in like MAGA or before white Invaders committed genocide against the indigenous people there? (With guns!!)

If only we could all jus sit straight christian white rich and pretty in our Norman fucking Rockwell painting lives and fly the American flag at the 4th of July barbeque and watch fireworks and ignore the bloodshed (from guns!) that vacated the land so the concrete patio could get poured.

Lana can playfully run from cops in Venice Bitch video with no worry, it's just fun with the neighborhood kids! Just be privileged enough and you don't have to worry ab the cops shooting you (with guns!)

Let's just fly the flag and shoot fireworks and ignore all this, and ignore anything that might actually help America confront its culture of violence. It's just a dream I had in mind!

If Lana wants to make a statement so blatantly vapid and ignorant, honestly she should keep it to herself. She's not helping anyone do anything but center her own first world issues and ignore reality.

6NpmVAs.png

i'm not surprised that the fake wokeness would jump out when she released that song. people truly always find a way to spin a situation so they can get offended. it ain't that deep. she's doing more than any of these celebrities with their "sending prayers to the families" tweets are doing. she made a beautiful song about her personal feelings during this time and y'all spin it around to make it seem like she's the devil.

qfrWuBl.png

Imagine using very real issues like police brutality, deportation and gay kids getting kicked out of their homes as a way to twist a situation so you can get offended over nothing and make posts so you can express your fake wokeness. That's so fucking disgusting. You might think you're calling out ignorance but truly you're the ignorant one. Get it together.

qfrWuBl.png