Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Yet Honeymoon is more critically acclaimed and aged better...

honeymoon was not an album for the GP, lust for life was literally an attempt to please her fans and give them some crazy pop/trip hop collab filled record

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Maybe it wasn't a flop for Lana's standards, but essentially every album after BTD was a flop.

Selling 100k+ first week and going number 1/2 in the UK, US and many other countries isn't a flop  :rip: I just meant relative to her other albums, Honeymoon was the least successful commercially 

I have no clue if anyone else saw this happen and spoke about it but a hoe is mad. Yesterday's bans were literally a fucking joke. If the mods are so serious about the site then the favoritism needs to stop and either ban everyone who sent/asked for links or unban the three people who were minor offenders as far as I know compared to some other users who have their accounts still

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I have no clue if anyone else saw this happen and spoke about it but a hoe is mad. Yesterday's bans were literally a fucking joke. If the mods are so serious about the site then the favoritism needs to stop and either ban everyone who sent/asked for links or unban the three people who were minor offenders as far as I know compared to some other users who have their accounts still

This site's staff is literally failing to do their job on so many levels.

I have been trying to reactivate from voluntary leave for almost an entire month,

I understand they might have lives outside of this site (atleast I would hope) but I'm not a fan of being lied to and told that they are working on it and it will be done tomorrow, and then tomorrow turning into the next day, and then next week, and then the week after. What a fucking joke.

I have been trying to reactivate from voluntary leave for almost an entire month,

I understand they might have lives outside of this site (atleast I would hope) but I'm not a fan of being lied to and told that they are working on it and it will be done tomorrow, and then tomorrow turning into the next day, and then next week, and then the week after. What a fucking joke.

Yeah there's def an issue of understaffing too

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Lana has never had an album that's not been a "flop" besides BTD.

Honeymoon is her most critically acclaimed...

UV is eligible for platinum and is close to 2 million WW in pure sales.

Sales don't really matter when it comes to an artist like Lana (especially after BTD), but UV did do well.

For me personally, an album has to have average/poor reviews AND perform negatively commercially to be a flop. Some albums that don't sell like crack but get loads of acclaim like Dirty Computer or Honeymoon don't deserve the flop label.

An album like Younger Now (which bombed in the charts, got 58 on Metacritic, and was abandoned by the artist two weeks after release  :toofunny:)? Flop  :hooker:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Maybe it wasn't a flop for Lana's standards, but essentially every album after BTD was a flop.

Y'all really don't know what "flop" means. A real flop is someone like Beyoncé selling 20k copies first week with her last album, a real flop is Katy Perry debuting on the bubbling under with her latest single, a real flop is Christina Aguilera not being able to sell out theathers. Yes, Born To Die blew up out of proportions but at the end of the day she's still an alternative artist who doesn't make mainstream music. Ultraviolence still sold 2kk copies WW, Honeymoon had close to zero promotion and still had a +100k debut and LFL got her a #1 and sold very well. Not to mention that she's still selling out arenas all over the world without having hit singles or a decent promotion.

We should never put BTD as some kind of standard. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

let's not give them that idea.

giphy.gif

Who was banned other than @@movebaby ? Yesterday I got a warning point for "asking for links" when I was one of the only ones who said I wouldn't listen to the album leak :rip:

Y'all really don't know what "flop" means. A real flop is someone like Beyoncé selling 20k copies first week with her last album, a real flop is Katy Perry debuting on the bubbling under with her latest single, a real flop is Christina Aguilera not being able to sell out theathers. Yes, Born To Die blew up out of proportions but at the end of the day she's still an alternative artist who doesn't make mainstream music. Ultraviolence still sold 2kk copies WW, Honeymoon had close to zero promotion and still had a +100k debut and LFL got her a #1 and sold very well. Not to mention that she's still selling out arenas all over the world without having hit singles or a decent promotion.

We should never put BTD as some kind of standard. 

lfl also got her a grammy nom  :hooker:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Genuinely believe a slightly reworked wayamaya would fit in perfectly somewhere between Venice bitch and doin time

source.gif

I've been talking about how Wayamaya would fit on this album perfectly since january! @@Lana please do this #Justice4Wayamaya

I think NFR will be her least successful album sales wise. But it'll be for sure a critical success. It's too good not be.

I agree. It's not commercial in the least. 

elle is literally going through the worst time of her life rn, these people have personal lives and you need to respect that. there’s no need to be disrespectful because you have no idea what’s going on atm.

these bans are in place because elle needs to protect the site. you all know the rules regardling links and asking for leaks. if you don’t want to lose your account, don’t do it. mods can see what are going on in your dm’s and can ban you for that, so just because a person publically doesn’t look as though they did anything doesn’t mean they didn’t do anything. it jeopardises the site. ben and ed have this place on LOCK. go to twitter and find a leak, don’t do it here. if you think a mod has pulled you up for something that’s wrong, tell them! it literally says you can message them.

the mods here have lives and are doing their best. some of their life’s are more complicated than you think. it’s not the end of the world because you don’t have your account or lost your account asking or joking about asking for links. the staff here are lovely and you can always contact them if you have problems.