Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ever since the hype around In Your Car started from that one snippet alone I knew it would end up in disappointment. The snippet wasn't even that good, sounded really basic tbh, but y'all treated it as some kind of out of this world amazing totally unique masterpiece and now... fan.gif thank god I never fell for that one.

The melody and intro of the snippet are amazinggg tho I couldn't help but fall in love  :flutter: I haven't listened to it in full but there are so many mixed reviews. i hope i like it

mypictr_380x225-7.png

Love song is the song I'm the most excited for. I don't care if it stays like the snippets, I find it gorgeous since the beginning. I need a good love song in my life right now

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

california / the greatest / bartender / cinnamon girl

I think it's obvious these are the MAIN gorls from this album :defeated: the fact that i've seen them in the majority of people's top 5 rankings says it all 

california / the greatest / bartender / cinnamon girl

I think it's obvious these are the MAIN gorls from this album :defeated: the fact that i've seen them in the majority of people's top 5 rankings says it all 

add Venice Bitch and then you have my top five!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Ladies we need to work harder if we want to reach 4000 by the 30th!

Turn turbo mode on on your fingers! :monica:

Someone start a fight! That's our surefire way of making 100+ pages a day

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I really didn't expect so many songs to sound like concept demos, that one caught me off guard. But I knew from the get go I would be replacing the cover. The MAC/VB/HIAB/Hope/DT visuals thankfully prepared me quite well (I half expected a lq selfie). So I'll start with that. But I will have to edit the actual songs too, which honestly feels like too much work rn.

Right? There's something really unpolished and DIY-ish about the production, some parts sound really amateur.

Someone start a fight! That's our surefire way of making 100+ pages a day

Fine actually for the sake of reaching 4000 let’s fight.

I think you’re a huge binch for having that really pretty pic as your pfp :crossed:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Fine actually for the sake of reaching 4000 let’s fight.

I think you’re a huge binch for having that really pretty pic as your pfp :crossed:

and I think you're a circus act for that cute clown avi  :crossed:

But... all we have is in the shittiest quality

Idk about you all but I for sure cannot judge anything based on such a poor quality, it lacks of so many elements that may make a hell of a difference.

But even from the LQ versions, you can tell which tracks are tightly structured and which are watery and somewhat shapeless.

I accept it’s what LDR wanted to do at this point in her career but for me, so far, it’s a disappointment. But it is what she prepared us for.

My ranking of the snippets we’ve heard with 1 being the one I’m most excited to hear

1. NFR

2. Love Song

3. California

4. How To Disappear

5. Bartender

6. HIAB

7. TNBAR

8. Cinnamon Girl

9. The greatest

10. FIILY

11. VB

12. Doin Time

13. Hope

14. MAC

(Don’t quote me and tell me about the songs thanks)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

All of Lana's album are grower, but I really think this one will be the definition of it. FIILY, at first, sounded a bit «too subtle» and yet, its melody is stuck in my mind and I only listened to it 3 times. And anyways, I must admit I wasn't that awed by Video Games the first time I heard it. So Love Song, from your comments, will probably be in that vein to me.

Also: why did she rename Cinnamon to Cinnamon Girl? I read the lyrics and don't get it. 

and I think you're a circus act for that cute clown avi  :crossed:

Well I think that it’s rude of you to be a fan since the same year as me. We’ve been suffering for the same amount of time :crossed:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass