Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i really hope the grease styled mv is for love song...

After listening to the album many times, I still have no idea what this could be for. Nor the Amusement Park one

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

the part in bartender where she sings "i bought me a truck in the middle of the night (...)" reminds me of a kate bush song  :rollin: 

Ever since the hype around In Your Car started from that one snippet alone I knew it would end up in disappointment. The snippet wasn't even that good, sounded really basic tbh, but y'all treated it as some kind of out of this world amazing totally unique masterpiece and now... fan.gif thank god I never fell for that one.

Tbh me.. I never understood the hype around the snippet

Will the HQ versions have different lyrics and structure?

Listening to some of these songs in HQ might make me like them a little bit more (or a little bit less) but it's not going to make bridges or new lyrics appear out of nowhere.

SUCH TRUE WORDS. HQ will not save bad judgements.  :creep:

3lfQEhw.png

After listening to the album many times, I still have no idea what this could be for. Nor the Amusement Park one

maybe Doin' Time? someone who owned (or knew someone who owned, icr) the Sublime van said they had been contacted by Lana's management to buy the van

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

maybe Doin' Time? someone who owned (or knew someone who owned, icr) the Sublime van said they had been contacted by Lana's management to buy the van

Oop! She's like...four months late but yay!

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I wonder why people put HTD as their least fave when it didn't leaked.

I think it's one of the few songs of the album that could have a consistent structure.

Ranking from best to worst upon first listen:

01. Venice Bitch (Unbeatable)

02. California

03. Bartender

04. The Greatest

05. Happiness Is A Butterfly

06. Love Song

07. Norman Fucking Rockwell

08. Cinnamon Girl

09. How To Disappear (I’m guessing)

10. Fuck It, I Love You

11. The Next Best American Record

12. Mariners Apartment Complex

13. Doin’ Time

14. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing

Ever since the hype around In Your Car started from that one snippet alone I knew it would end up in disappointment. The snippet wasn't even that good, sounded really basic tbh, but y'all treated it as some kind of out of this world amazing totally unique masterpiece and now... fan.gif thank god I never fell for that one.

Disappointment for who? I will reserve judgement until the album actually drops, but for me, the preview for Love Song has a dumb name now had a simplicity to it which seemed dreamy, carefree, and certainly more relaxed feel than the snippets that preceded it. It really painted a feeling of painful rose-tinted nostalgia. It's not exactly what I thought it would sound like, but I'm very happy with it.

3lfQEhw.png

Love Song sounds exactly like the title....a love song. It isn't supposed to be explosive or overly cinematic. I luv it

1. Cinnamin girl 12/10 hot daddy god tier

2. Venice bitch 11/10 god tier

3. MAC 11/10 god tier

4. California 10/10

5. Fuck it i love you 10/10

6. NFR 10/10

7. Bertender 9,5/10

8. TNBAR 9/10

9. Love song 9/0

10. HIAB 9/10

11. The greatest 9/10

12. Hope 10/10 but u know...

13. Doin' time 8/10 (love it anyway)

HTD idk from apple live 10/10

I heard LQ songs only once so my rank will change for sure.

Mmeow~

Yeah I think the hype of Love song is why people don't like it now. 

I actually wasn't really interested after the snippet and thought I wouldn't like the song, but right now it's my favourite. It's such a sweet soothing song.